Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,089,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Au contraire...we haven't seen his tax returns or college transcript yet. Or his LFBC. Why not?
He graduated top of his class at BYU and got into Harvard, where he simultaneously earned an MBA and a JD. I look forward to him releasing those. He gave the commencement speech at his BYU graduation, so I expect his transcript will be one that suits such a hard-working, intelligent person. I don't care if he releases it, nor do I care if Obama does. We've seen an estimate, I highly doubt his returns will be much different. But either way, we shall see them even closer to the election than if he just got it out of the way now. He must not be too worried. Same goes for tax returns. What on earth would we see in his LFBC??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
To be honest, I think the unusually low favorability numbers for both Romney and Obama represent a deeper dissatisfaction among voters with both parties candidates and the polorization that has taken place.
Yes! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that people really don't like what Obama has done and know that Romney's policies and plans aren't that different.

Hopefully they aren't so stupid as to let the media pick who they vote for this year and will vote their conscience instead.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think that was more or less a tongue in cheek reference to Hillary, but it's what I've been saying all along.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
We don't know that yet.

Every time Mitt Romney opens his mouth something that pisses somebody off or shows how out of touch he is with average Americans is liable to come out.

The man is a lousy "boots on the ground" campaigner.

He has shown himself capable of getting frustrated in debating environments.
Only when the media tells them to be pissed about it. Most Americans would be pissed about Obama saying we should redistribute the wealth, but you never heard that one on the news reels, only when the GOP brought it up (and granted, they did quite often. But it hurts when the narrative on the evening news is also talking about how people feel your statements are out of touch but don't do the same to your opponent).

I thought Romney kept his cool very well in the debates...

Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
He's also shown frustration with FOX News over an interview he claimed was too tough...

Fox News' Bret Baier Claims Romney Called Interview "Uncalled For" - YouTube
Obama complains about Fox news all the time...

Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Considering how bad George W. Bush Jr. did President Obama has spent most of his term getting this country out of the biggest economic ditch since The Depression.

Despite what the Conservatives say the economy is slowly improving.
Say what? To undo what Bush did would require doing something DIFFERENT. Instead Obama has not only continued what Bush started but has done a better job at a faster rate of wreaking the country!

When Obama was elected my dollars bought a lot more than they do now. His policies have eroded our currency to the lowest its ever been! We have less purchasing power than ever before. The Federal Reserve is doing a lousy job. Obama could have picked a different Fed Chair but decided to KEEP Bernanke who was there when Bush was in office.

We have more wars going on than when Bush was in office. Obama took it upon himself to START those wars IGNORING the protocol of the Constitution.

I could go on and on. Anyone who has been paying attention knows that we are FAR worse off now than we were in 2008 thanks to Obama's destructive policies.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
He's also shown frustration with FOX News over an interview he claimed was too tough...

Fox News' Bret Baier Claims Romney Called Interview "Uncalled For" - YouTube
And he still hasn't made it on Meet the Press. LOL

Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post

I thought Romney kept his cool very well in the debates...
When he wasn't trying to make $10,000 bets.

Or saying stuff like:

For Pete’s sake, Perry forces Romney into the most quotable line of the debate | Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President

Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Mitt Romney is facing a severe crisis of popularity.

He has the weakest favorability ratings on record for a presumptive presidential nominee at this stage of the campaign, according to new polling by ABC News and The Washington Post. The organizations have been measuring such popularity since 1984.

Romney's Favorability Is Weakest on Record, Polling Shows - NYTimes.com

And yet he is leading in the polls. Think about that! Doesn't make sense does it? Just think what the polls will look like when his favorability increases after he wraps the nomination. It's not going to be pretty for Obama, cause it looks bad now.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And he still hasn't made it on Meet the Press. LOL

He has no need to go on Meet the Press. Losers go on Meet the Press, because nobody watches it. Santorum was on there every other week and what did it do for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections