Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,701,879 times

Advertisements

From the sales clerk, to the ceo running a company to the auto worker all have the first amenmdent right against the people running this government. I see nothing wrong in pointing out how the individual feels about those in the whitehouse. If the whitehouse and congress spent less time trying to run the world and put this nation further in debit I think you would have less people COMPLAINING and violent social unrest.
This government has a plan and that plan is to destory this country with central economic planning and some of us will vote the commie cockroachs out. I will be voting for someone who is not a bug nor is interested in destorying liberty.

Ron Paul 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 AM

9,786 posts, read 10,029,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I don't think that many adults paid attention to Nugent's rant. Romney could denounce Nugent's statements, but most grown ups wouldn't know what he was talking about.
Just as Obama won't renounce what Bill Mahr says. Most intelligent people don't watch or listen to Mahr or Nugent anyway.

It's a non-issue.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM

662 posts, read 1,456,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Just as Obama won't renounce what Bill Mahr says. Most intelligent people don't watch or listen to Mahr or Nugent anyway.

It's a non-issue.
Bill Maher insults people. He is a comedian. President Obama hasn't publicly stated that he is glad Maher is backing him. Both Mitt Romney and his son have said how happy they are that Nugent is backing them. Nugent isn't just insulting Obama. He is threatening him and saying that he is a terrorist and that Obama is purposely destroying the country. He then tells a group of gun nuts, that they should cut people's heads off--big difference.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
Bill Maher insults people. He is a comedian. President Obama hasn't publicly stated that he is glad Maher is backing him. Both Mitt Romney and his son have said how happy they are that Nugent is backing them. Nugent isn't just insulting Obama. He is threatening him and saying that he is a terrorist and that Obama is purposely destroying the country. He then tells a group of gun nuts, that they should cut people's heads off--big difference.
What exactly was Nugent's direct threat against President Obama?

If the Secret Service feels that Nugent's rant is a threat then they will arrest and charge him. The USSS is planning to talk to Nugent shortly.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said. "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"
That wasn't a really smart thing to say.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That wasn't a really smart thing to say.
No, especially at an NRA convention. I could see it going over better at a ax or sword convention though.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 PM

1,332 posts, read 998,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
No...Maher is a political voice....he may cover his commentary with insult after disgusting insult...but in the end, he is as politicl as it gets. Only a left wing dope would try to say otherwise. ..

BYW...if you actually BELIEVE that Nugent meant to LITERALLY cut off their heads, then you have more serious problems than I first thought.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:41 PM

662 posts, read 1,456,649 times
Bill Maher is hilarious. He is a comedian who definitely uses politics and religion as fodder for his humor. He doesn't threaten violence or encourage a group of gun toters to rampage and cut off people's heads.

The comparison is ridiculous. If Ted Nugent wants to call Barack Obama a poopy head or a bad name that is free speech. Nugent stepped over the line by using a veiled threat.

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

In other words, he is implying that he is going to try to kill Obama and will either be killed or arrested for his action. Very nice.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,806,943 times
Only a moron would stretch what Nugent said into a threat. How about bringing in the Black Panters who are screaming in front of a camera to kill the white people and such? Go Nugent!!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,675,345 times
Default Mitt needs to denounce Ted Nugent's violent rant

I think he probably would if he didn't like Nuge's comment so much.

Two peas in a pod. Well, make that #2 for Teddy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections