Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,796,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
Is it really that hard for people to go to his website and see the plans he has in store? I mean really. Everyone tends to ask, what would he do? well.......

Jobs and Economic Growth

Tax - Tax
Spending - Spending
Energy - Energy
Regulation - Regulation
Labor - Labor
Human Capital - Human Capital
Trade - Trade

Foreign Policy

Ideas - An American Century | Mitt Romney for President

Simpler, Smaller Government

Ideas - Smaller, Smarter, Simpler Government | Mitt Romney for President

Education

Ideas - Education

Health Care

Ideas - Health Care

Immigration

Ideas - Immigration

OTHER IMPORTANT ISSUES - Issues | Mitt Romney for President
Thank you for posting all this.

I actually read it.

Summary:

1. He serves himself with the largest spoon: eliminate taxes on income earned abroad, cut taxes on interest,dividends and capital gains for those making < 200K, keep his tax rate on interest, dividends & capital gains intact, and 20% cut across the board on marginal tax rates. Yet, not a peep on how he's going to expand the tax base to do all this. Translation: peanuts for the middle class, again. Mitt Romney Specifies Tax Deductions He'd Cut - WSJ.com

2. Same neo-con horsecrap on foreign affairs: he thinks the Afghanis and the Pakistanis are going to do what he wants (same as Bush-good luck with that), wants to attack Iran, wants "StarWars" over Poland and the Czech Republic (really? you've got to be kidding me!). Sorry Mitt, I don't give a rat's behind about Poland, the Czechs, the Afghanis, the Pakistanis or the Iranians.

3. Labor: Wants all states to become "right-to-work" states (lets lower everybody's wages), wants to raise the cap on "highly skilled" foreign workers visas (He wants to bring in foreigners to displace our people and pay less to these foreigners) because these foreigners are "better and brighter" (guess American college graduates are not good enough for him). He also wants to grant permanent residency to foreigners who obtain degrees in math, science, and engineering from our colleges. So, if you busted your butt to put your kids through college forget about them getting good paying jobs, the foreigners are better than your kids. Oh yeah, I'm really going to run to the polls and vote for that, butthole.

4. And ... the doozie: Spending. He's going to repeal Obamacare and save money on something that's not even in effect yet. He's going to cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts and planned parenthood (oh boy that's really hard work ), cap retraining funding for Americans, but import "highly skilled" (read: cheap) foreigners; empower states to innovate (I live in AZ-this state is loaded w/crooks and goes backwards). Oh boy, I can't wait for the innovations coming out of Mississippi or New Mexico for that matter. Mitt doesn't touch defense, not one bit. He isn't serious about cutting spending. Not at all.

5. Medicare/Social Security: if you are a Senior now, nothing changes. Imagine that-real hard work again. "In the future" retirees are gonna have to work longer and get less. Medicare: if you are a Senior now, nothing changes. "In the future", here's some money, go get your own plan and don't whine about pre-existing conditions or unilateral policy cancellations. Details? Completely nebulous.

Conclusion: Romney is totally FOS.

And some people say that Ron Paul is nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,796,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
No, you'd be a fool to support welfare for everyone taking advantage of the system. I believe in doing better things with my tax dollars. Thanks!
You do? So do I.

How about we close Kirtland AFB and especially Cannon AFB and save quite a few millions right there? New Mexico is a welfare state.

I went to Mitt Romney for President | Mitt Romney for President of the United States of America in 2012 (http://www.mittromney.com/ - broken link) and nowhere does it say that Romney is going to do away with TANF, WIC, HUD/section 8, Food Stamps, etc. Not a peep.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 AM

295 posts, read 593,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You do? So do I.

How about we close Kirtland AFB and especially Cannon AFB and save quite a few millions right there? New Mexico is a welfare state.

I went to Mitt Romney for President | Mitt Romney for President of the United States of America in 2012 (http://www.mittromney.com/ - broken link) and nowhere does it say that Romney is going to do away with TANF, WIC, HUD/section 8, Food Stamps, etc. Not a peep.
First of all, Kirtland will NEVER close. 35,000 people work there. Am I against that? of course, I don't think that many need to be employed there.

But it will never happen, it's technically impossible with the missions they hold in collaboration with Los Alamos and Sandia Labs. They would close Cannon, in Clovis before they did that. Anyway, that is peanuts in spending, compared to what the government spends on an hourly basis.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,628,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He does not need to wait, the marching orders are always the same:
Make the Rich Richer
Make the Poor Poorer
and pretend you did otherwise
Ya missed one, Blame the democrats!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections