Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,018,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What was the movie where Steven Segal is on a in-flight commando raid and warned "you won't make it" before he goes whirring off into the stratosphere to his death. "But you will," is his reply to the people he saved. That's Ron Paul.
And this makes you happy? Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,708,854 times
Ron Paul is or was the only republican candidate that made any sense.

However, as I said last year Ron Paul will never succeed because Americans will not vote for anyone that does not meet a certain image. Ron Paul is a senior, he is bald, short, and of average looks.

Americans insist on a president of good image.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:01 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,974,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

However, as I said last year Ron Paul will never succeed because Americans will not vote for anyone that does not meet a certain image. Ron Paul is a senior, he is bald, short, and of average looks.

So true, and as much as I can't stand the man, Romney has the "Presidential Look" just like Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc, which really frightens me.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 AM

473 posts, read 401,432 times
Mitt Romney won't have enough delegates in Tampa. Ron Paul will take the nomination on the second ballot.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,772,208 times
A vote for either Obama, or Romney, is a vote to end freedom in this nation and a direct path to full fascism.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,948,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

I think of it as the beginning. I'd love to see Ron Paul type Republicans instead of the Tea Party and Paul cleaned up with the youngest Republican voters and got crushed with everyone else. Unfortunately for libertarians, no good spokesman on the horizon, Rand Paul trades off his dad's name and fools some but he's not a whit different from Rick Santorum.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,022,912 times
Default Not true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I think of it as the beginning. I'd love to see Ron Paul type Republicans instead of the Tea Party and Paul cleaned up with the youngest Republican voters and got crushed with everyone else. Unfortunately for libertarians, no good spokesman on the horizon, Rand Paul trades off his dad's name and fools some but he's not a whit different from Rick Santorum.
I call B.S.! Sen. Rand Paul aggressively denounced NDAA on the Senate Floor; while, on the other hand, on the campaign trail Santorum lauded the passage of NDAA.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,883,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Mitt Romney won't have enough delegates in Tampa. Ron Paul will take the nomination on the second ballot.
As a republican nominee... you can count on it as... purely Utopian.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 AM

9,613 posts, read 9,918,158 times
If Ron Paul does not get the GOP nomination in 2012, I hope that the grass roots supporters of RP do not fade away but keep fighting so that in 2016 they can put up a stronger candidate that can defeat Romney or the democratic nominee.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,883,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If Ron Paul does not get the GOP nomination in 2012, I hope that the grass roots supporters of RP do not fade away but keep fighting so that in 2016 they can put up a stronger candidate that can defeat Romney or the democratic nominee.
Seeing a degradation of conservatism going from Barry Goldwater to Ron Paul, by the time one such candidate makes it, such support will be drowning in republicanism and away from everything Goldwater was about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections