Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:59 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,934,509 times

Advertisements

It's amazing how people vote for these Christian lunatics that claim that they won't implement some aspect of their religion on the way that they govern, but we all know that is complete BS. The more that the ignorant masses of this country elect whacko conservative Christians, the more this country will continue to shed high paying cutting edge tech jobs and lose our innovative edge over the rest of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM

26,531 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
It's amazing how people vote for these Christian lunatics that claim that they won't implement some aspect of their religion on the way that they govern, but we all know that is complete BS. The more that the ignorant masses of this country elect whacko conservative Christians, the more this country will continue to shed high paying cutting edge tech jobs and lose our innovative edge over the rest of the world.
Yes, let's be totally honest. Romney wants us back in the stone age. To get us back to the stone age, the first thing he will do is unilaterally use the powers of the president to ban the interwebs, then he would set libraries ablaze, and outlaw all agricultural machinery.

Let's be totally honest about it.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,920 times
Romney's Mormon...

You clearly think so well of your fellow citizens. Learn to respect others.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,437,035 times
Hmmmm......many of this countries 'christians' don't even give mormons credit for even being 'christian' and on the other side we have liberal enlightened alarmists calling Romney a 'wacko conservative christian lunatic' who is going to singly handedly send the country back to the stone age.Do you fear he will ban coffee too like some others on here?

President Obama also claims to be a christian,as do all the senators with the exception of several jews,as do all house members except for a few jews,muslims,......and one lonely atheist{Pete Stark D-Ca].I'm surprised President Obama hasn't issued a directive that we all drive footpowered cars like on the "flintsones' to end our dependence on fossil fuels.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,934,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Romney's Mormon...

You clearly think so well of your fellow citizens. Learn to respect others.
Mormon is christian...albeit an even more loony version of it.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,920 times
Quote:
Mormon is christian...albeit an even more loony version of it.
It started that way...

Once again, learn to respect people. Nothing is "loony". No one knows anything truly about philosophical matters.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
Quote:

Uh...are you contradicting yourself here? Because what you are saying is that....up until now...or when Romney gets elected....the United States has been the world leader in 'high paying, cutting edge tech jobs' and has an 'innovatiove edge' over the rest of the world....and I'm pretty sure we have had other Christian Presidents in the White House over the years.

I guess what I am saying is that you make little to no sense. Perhaps the doctor needs to double your dosage.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Uh...are you contradicting yourself here? Because what you are saying is that....up until now...or when Romney gets elected....the United States has been the world leader in 'high paying, cutting edge tech jobs' and has an 'innovatiove edge' over the rest of the world....and I'm pretty sure we have had other Christian Presidents in the White House over the years.

I guess what I am saying is that you make little to no sense. Perhaps the doctor needs to double your dosage.

Yes i of course agree with you. But, but, but, What the hell is Obama's big excuse?
Don't make any difference what he is, he just cannot get it right.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yes i of course agree with you. But, but, but, What the hell is Obama's big excuse?
Don't make any difference what he is, he just cannot get it right.
Obama's excuse? Oh come on...the same one he's been using...It's all Bush's fault. or is it...'the dog ate my budget'?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times
Romney couldn't kill stem cell research even if he wanted to. Hell, even George W. Bush (who had serious ethical qualms about feto-destructive stem cell research) increased funding for it (provided no additional fetuses were destroyed.) All a President can do to thwart such research is to deny government funding. S/he can't stop private money from going to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections