Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
We'll never know what Oblama did or didn't do in prep school or anywhere else. In case you haven't noticed, the MSM has done NO vetting whatsoever on Oblama, nor will they. The liberals in the press are too busy trying to get him re-elected by publishing smear pieces about teenage Romney.
So why hasn't FOX uncovered anything? I'm tired of BS comments about the MSM--there's plenty of conservative media out there as well, and where's the dirt? This is the kind of stuff you say when you can't defend your position except by making excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
He's no victim and neither are we.
Please don't let that cruel comment get you down. I wish I could be free on here to give comments like that what they deserve

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So why hasn't FOX uncovered anything? I'm tired of BS comments about the MSM--there's plenty of conservative media out there as well, and where's the dirt? This is the kind of stuff you say when you can't defend your position except by making excuses.
Fox is more concerned with real stories than this type of nonsense. I personally never cared about Obama's days in HS and college or his transcripts or the fact that very few people have been found that remember him from those days. I was more concerned with real issues. But frankly, with all this crap about Romney, now I demand fairness and expect the WaPo to run a story about what Obama was like in high school

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM

387 posts, read 1,046,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
He said he did once during his wayward teenage years
Was that during Rumspringa? No wait, that's Amish, not Mormon

No one cares about youthful drinking or drug use. So GWB and PO both did cocaine? Big deal. Most of us at least drank during college and a lot of us smoked pot. I only knew one person who did cocaine (that I knew of), but I am sure lots of young people experiment. It's not significant if they want to run for President 30 years later.

Nowadays if Romney did what he did back then, and his father wasn't rich enough to make it go away, he'd probably be at least expelled and possibly arrested for assault.

Someone said he apologized for what he did? Source please. It would make me feel better if there is proof of that. Audio or video please.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:

No one cares about youthful drinking or drug use. So GWB and PO both did cocaine? Big deal. Most of us at least drank during college and a lot of us smoked pot. I only knew one person who did cocaine (that I knew of), but I am sure lots of young people experiment. It's not significant if they want to run for President 30 years later.

Nowadays if Romney did what he did back then, and his father wasn't rich enough to make it go away, he'd probably be at least expelled and possibly arrested for assault.

Someone said he apologized for what he did? Source please. It would make me feel better if there is proof of that. Audio or video please.
No, YOU don't care about youthful substance abuse. Neither do I, but I also don't pick and choose which law-breaking aspects of a candidates childhood bother me. I'm more concerned witht he eprson they are today
I'll try to find the audio, I'm not sure if it was a recorded interview or not though
Romney on pranks: 'Some may have gone too far, and for that I apologize' - POLITICO.com

Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:

It was a half-assed apology that didn't acknowledge any of the incidents.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
Romney allegedly acted like the villain in one of those Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello movies.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Eric EricKson of RedState just sent this e-mail to his subscribers of which I am one:

"Some times the news cannot wait for tomorrow morning. There is a big story out there right now and it needs your immediate attention. The Washington Post can’t be bothered to worry about Barack Obama’s college years, college transcripts, communist friends, cocaine use, or cop-killing plotters in whose living room he first launched his major political career, but they can get in the really way back machine to 1965 and Mitt Romney’s high school years."

Mitt Romney cut a hippy’s hair at his preparatory high school. A day after Barack Obama caved on gay marriage, the Washington Post “coincidentally” says Mitt Romney cut the hair of a boy who “was perpetually teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality.” Let’s leave out the fact that the kid who got his haircut was subsequently thrown out of school for smoking one cigarette, but we’re to believe that the assailants of his hair, witnessed by many, were ignored. Oh, and the guy who got his hair cut never, ever, ever mentioned it, including to family, and died in 2004 so it can’t be verified. But a handful of students who now probably support Barack Obama have a crystal clear memory of events from 50 years ago. The people who were adults at the time of the incident and still alive have no memory of it, but remember Romney and said he was never a disciplinary problem."

Communists, Cop-Killers, and Cocaine: Why the Washington Post Focuses on Romney Instead | RedState
Sounds like that extremist from red state is already initiating a cover up. I'm sure that was a very pleasant memory all those years for the "HIPPIE". That label was thrown in to indicate that he deserved this attack.
The hate filled rwnj like this guy from red state must be stopped or bullying,discrimination and misogynist practices will rule this Country once again.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times

Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It was a half-assed apology that didn't acknowledge any of the incidents.
Because he, as well as most other people that have been contacted about it, don't remember it happening. Only a handful of people do, and it was something that happened 50 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections