Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You're right, you gave example for when REVENUES climbed, by Reagan RAISING taxes like a madman, while SPENDING like a maniac creating massive debt.

Bush "read my lips, no new taxes" RAISED taxes like a mad man, while SPENDING like a maniac creating massive debt.

Clinton RAISED taxes, only on those at the top of the ladder, while lowering taxes on small business, and spending in a sane manor, creating a booming economy and putting the nation well on it's way to being debt free.

The OP's post states just that, Willard wants to go back to those epically failed GOP "give everything to the rich while spending like lunatics" fiscal policies that do NOT work.

Though keep posting, (I look forward to it ) Every one keeps making yourself and the rest of the GOP goons look more and more ignorant
One might think that the number of times you've been schooled on these things, you'd stop embarassing yourself by making the same mistakes.

Clinton cut the capital gains tax rate from 28% to 20%, and then cut taxes on 90% of small businesses in america.

We are discussing REVENUES, not spending. Its almost embarassing the number of times you need the difference explained to you, while you sit here trying to educate us on economics.. haha.. Please.. if you cant tell us the difference between income, and an expense, then nothing else you say can be taken seriosly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,858,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
One might think that the number of times you've been schooled on these things, you'd stop embarassing yourself by making the same mistakes.

Clinton cut the capital gains tax rate from 28% to 20%, and then cut taxes on 90% of small businesses in america.

We are discussing REVENUES, not spending. Its almost embarassing the number of times you need the difference explained to you, while you sit here trying to educate us on economics.. haha.. Please.. if you cant tell us the difference between income, and an expense, then nothing else you say can be taken seriosly.
You would think by now you would address the OP's topic which reflects what I just stated (not to mention you still haven't found the spell check ) that Willard's tax cuts to the rich will cost the nation 10.7 trillion from the GOP fiscal plans of SPENDING like lunatics, but this time while LOWERING taxes which caused the most monumental disaster to the economy that we saw under W, and will get even worse than that nightmare he created.

Like stated in the other thread, you keep getting owned over and over and over, but just keep coming back for more,...Not that I'm complaining

Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 AM

4,234 posts, read 4,228,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as i have stated many times in the past, our economy is dynamic in nature, not static. we cannot use static models to predict what will happen to the economy, since static models do not take behavior modification into account. the CBO has the same issue. legally they have to use static models when calculating the effect on the economy and revenues of all regulations and taxes.
Please use term that people in CD understand.

Here is what static model meant:

If there is 100 output and current tax rate is 10%. Government get $10 in tax.

If government increase the tax rate to 80%. Government "will" get $80. The government assume people will continue putting out their maximum effort regardless how much they get taxed.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 AM

299 posts, read 256,711 times
Assuming this chart's data is accurate, this country does not have a revenue problem it has a spending problem. Even though I don't think now is the time to cut taxes I will take a president who cuts taxes and spending over one who does the opposite every time.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You would think by now you would address the OP's topic which reflects what I just stated (not to mention you still haven't found the spell check ) that Willard's tax cuts to the rich will cost the nation 10.7 trillion from the GOP fiscal plans of SPENDING like lunatics, but this time while LOWERING taxes which caused the most monumental disaster to the economy that we saw under W, and will get even worse than that nightmare he created.

Like stated in the other thread, you keep getting owned over and over and over, but just keep coming back for more,...Not that I'm complaining
The irony of you telling me to address the OP, which was tax cuts, while you go into lala land of spending, isnt lost. You do it everysingle time, and I feel pretty sad for you because you dont seem to be able to comprehend the difference.

When you figure out the difference between spending, and income, then I'll value your feedback on my finding the spell check button.

Last edited by pghquest; 05-16-2012 at 08:30 AM..

Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,093,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The irony of you telling me to address the OP, which was tax cuts, while you go into lala land of spending, isnt lost. You do it everysingle time, and I feel pretty sad for you because you dont seem to be able to comprehend the difference.

When you figure out the difference between spending, and income, then I'll value your feedback on my finding the spell check button.
If it makes you feel better, the difference to me is quite clear. When taxes were cut, revenues went up. Fact. Just because some Congresses (Congress largely controls the purse strings, all the president does is say yes or no, he technically does not control spending. And he is often limited in his ability to say no for practical if not technical reasons) increased spending even more than the revenue increased does not mean the revenue didn't increase. It still did, it just meant that those congresses (Democratic and Republican alike) were that much more irresponsible in SPITE of the tax cuts, not because of them.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:07 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Romney just do not get it he is Bush on steroids

The Ed Show

No the entitlements are costing us. The 10.7 trillion would be stealing from us.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 AM

7,555 posts, read 11,635,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
ANd you believe the Ed show....yes, that is worth a laugh alright....
You be believe Rush Limbaugh & Faux News more lies then all other organizations combined

Old 05-16-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
You be believe Rush Limbaugh & Faux News more lies then all other organizations combined
Where has chucksee quoted Rush, or the Fox news on the thread because I didnt see it? I do see a lot of lefties though distracting from the thread and just making things up

Old 05-16-2012, 10:52 AM

7,555 posts, read 11,635,930 times
Romney wants roll back to the Bush tax cuts they did not work the first does he think they will magicly work a second time well the Bush cuts were mega fail all the way around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections