Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,725,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who the hell was discussing voting rights within an ORGANIZATION..

Tell me why you think more about the Fraternal Order of Police, than the Fraternal Order of Police do?

Give it up, you're wrong.. You cant even find the word union on the FOP website.. It must suck to spend 30 years fighting for a cause that doesnt exist.. oooh man.. Maybe you better educate yourself on the difference before you show up for work tomorrow.
The Fraternal Order of Police is a Labor Organization that represents it's members, the bargaining unit, in contract negotiations with their employers,be those municipalities or other agencies such as Federal or Amtrak Police. I have been a negotiator in many of these contract negotiations. I have even been to court in binding arbitration cases between the FOP and municipalities. I don't know what bubble you live in but try not to poke yur nose into the real world

FOP Lodge 70

Lehigh Valley cities seek relief from massive arbitration awards - Morning Call

Last edited by Boompa; 06-07-2012 at 07:37 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Fraternal Order of Police is a Labor Organization that represents it's members, the bargaining unit, in contract negotiations with their employers,be those municipalities or other agencies such as Federal or Amtrak Police. I have been a negotiator in many of these contract negotiations. I have even been to court in binding arbitration cases between the FOP and municipalities. I don't know what bubble you live in but try not to poke yur nose into the real world

FOP Lodge 70

Lehigh Valley cities seek relief from massive arbitration awards - Morning Call
Being an organization, doesnt make you a union, no more than the AARP is a union..

Old 06-08-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Being an organization, doesnt make you a union, no more than the AARP is a union..

How many Labor Contracts does AARP negotiate? The FOP does hundred every year.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
How many Labor Contracts does AARP negotiate? The FOP does hundred every year.
Find the word Union on the FOP website. Why is it you think you know more about them, then they do?

Their own website says you're wrong..

we provide assistance to your lodge to obtain the right to become your bargaining agent or to try to influence the public officials who determine your hours, wages, terms and other conditions of employment.

The FOP is the largest professional police labor organization in the country.

Helping form bargaining organizations that can provide the expertise needed to bargain effectively.
Training leaders to represent members in disciplinary matters.
Working with lodges to determine how they can better represent the interests of their members outside the framework of a formal collective bargaining agreement.
Developing training programs for lodge negotiators.
Providing expert advice and guidance during the negotiation process.
Providing expert advice and guidance during the contract administration process.
Providing expert advice and guidance in campaigns to obtain bargaining representation.
Assisting lodges to gain the right to bargain.

THEY HELP form and create unions, and help in negotiations, they dont run the unions once they are formed, but they ADVISE and GUIDE them.

p.s. the AARP negotates lots of contracts.. The fact that the AARP and the FOP negoate different types of contracts doesnt mitigate the fact that the FOP is NOT a union, but an organization..

Old 06-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Find the word Union on the FOP website. Why is it you think you know more about them, then they do?

Their own website says you're wrong..

we provide assistance to your lodge to obtain the right to become your bargaining agent or to try to influence the public officials who determine your hours, wages, terms and other conditions of employment.

The FOP is the largest professional police labor organization in the country.

Helping form bargaining organizations that can provide the expertise needed to bargain effectively.
Training leaders to represent members in disciplinary matters.
Working with lodges to determine how they can better represent the interests of their members outside the framework of a formal collective bargaining agreement.
Developing training programs for lodge negotiators.
Providing expert advice and guidance during the negotiation process.
Providing expert advice and guidance during the contract administration process.
Providing expert advice and guidance in campaigns to obtain bargaining representation.
Assisting lodges to gain the right to bargain.

THEY HELP form and create unions, and help in negotiations, they dont run the unions once they are formed, but they ADVISE and GUIDE them.

p.s. the AARP negotates lots of contracts.. The fact that the AARP and the FOP negoate different types of contracts doesnt mitigate the fact that the FOP is NOT a union, but an organization..
Again you are wrong, I joined the FOP in 1969 and since then have sat on Pay raise committees almost every year between employer represeented by a Law Firm and the FOP representing the bargaining unit, including retirees. In some cases negotiation broke down and we wound up in binding arbitration. Almost every Police Deartment in this country has a contract and they are all negotiated by a union, be it the FOP, the PBA or in some cases the Teamsters. In the case of many Federal agencies it is AFGE. The largest of these unions is the FOP.

http://www.fop5.org/

Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Again you are wrong, I joined the FOP in 1969 and since then have sat on Pay raise committees almost every year between employer represeented by a Law Firm and the FOP representing the bargaining unit, including retirees. In some cases negotiation broke down and we wound up in binding arbitration. Almost every Police Deartment in this country has a contract and they are all negotiated by a union, be it the FOP, the PBA or in some cases the Teamsters. In the case of many Federal agencies it is AFGE. The largest of these unions is the FOP.

Philadelphia FOP Lodge #5
Ahh, see thats NOT the Fraternal Order of Police, thats a different entity, titled SIMILAR, but NOT THE SAME.. THAT is a Union, but that is NOT the Fraternal Order of Police..

Note the "Philadelphia" and "lodge 5"

Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Ahh, see thats NOT the Fraternal Order of Police, thats a different entity, titled SIMILAR, but NOT THE SAME.. THAT is a Union, but that is NOT the Fraternal Order of Police..

Note the "Philadelphia" and "lodge 5"
The FOP was founded in Pennsylvania, Lodge #1 was Pittsburgh, Philadelphia was Lodge #5. Lodge #5 of the Fraternal Police reepresents the Officers and Bargaining Unit of the City of Phiiladelphia http://www.pafop53.org/Public/546533...43_74837_P.htm

Back to your buubble

Old 06-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
The FOP was founded in Pennsylvania, Lodge #1 was Pittsburgh, Philadelphia was Lodge #5.
I know all about the foundation of the FOP, I'm from Pittsburgh

The lodges are unions, the FOP is NOT.. You said FOP
FOP - Contact Us
Its now located in Tennessee

National Fraternal Order of Police
701 Marriott Drive ● Nashville TN 37214 ● 615.399.0900 Phone ● 615.399.0400 Fax
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST

Again, why do think you know more than the FOP organization than the organization themself?
Quote:
Lodge #5 of the Fraternal Police reepresents the Officers and Bargaining Unit of the City of Phiiladelphia http://www.pafop53.org/Public/546533_932-74837/56343_74837/56343_74837_P.htm

Back to your buubble
You said the FOP is a union, it is NOT, its an organization.. the LODGES of the FOP are unions. NOT THE SAME.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I know all about the foundation of the FOP, I'm from Pittsburgh

The lodges are unions, the FOP is NOT.. You said FOP
FOP - Contact Us
Its now located in Tennessee

National Fraternal Order of Police
701 Marriott Drive ● Nashville TN 37214 ● 615.399.0900 Phone ● 615.399.0400 Fax
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST

Again, why do think you know more than the FOP organization than the organization themself?

You said the FOP is a union, it is NOT, its an organization.. the LODGES of the FOP are unions. NOT THE SAME.
The FOP holds classes to teach the lodges how to negotiate, It pays for arbitrators, Ask a Pittsburgh Police Officer who represents them or who is their Union. The FOP IS A UNION and trying to convince you that the sky is blue is futile. I'm putting you on ignore

Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
The FOP holds classes to teach the lodges how to negotiate, It pays for arbitrators, Ask a Pittsburgh Police Officer who represents them or who is their Union. The FOP IS A UNION and trying to convince you that the sky is blue is futile. I'm putting you on ignore
Why does the FOP website state otherwise? Again, find ONE place on the FOP website that says they are a union.

The LODGES are unions, the FOP is an organiation.

THEIR OWN WEBSITE SAYS THAT..

You can put me on ignore, but that doesnt make you right..

p.s. the sky is black, it just appears blue because of the sun.. That makes you 0 for 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections