Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:22 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Romney doesn't have it in him to wage a hateful campaign like ObammyBoy does. ObammyBoy and his campaign minions are just plain nasty and are experts at twisting things. His worshipers aren't smart enough to do their own research and swallow all the garbage the dems spew.

They're still busy blaming Bush.

How sad, pathetic, and out of touch is that!
The only demograph obama is impressing with his ads is the same demograph that is voting for him anyway.

I believe that most Americans are fed up with the ridiculous state of politics. I think there is as large segment of fence sitting undecideds who want to hear the FACTS...not some vague talking points or smear tactics.

I don't think 2012 is going to be won with negative ads. I think if Romney keeps pounding home the FACTS of how the obama administration has been....and will continue to be....a miserable failure, then he will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 06:25 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
The only demograph obama is impressing with his ads is the same demograph that is voting for him anyway.

I believe that most Americans are fed up with the ridiculous state of politics. I think there is as large segment of fence sitting undecideds who want to hear the FACTS...not some vague talking points or smear tactics.

I don't think 2012 is going to be won with negative ads. I think if Romney keeps pounding home the FACTS of how the obama administration has been....and will continue to be....a miserable failure, then he will win.
At this point the cat is out of the bag about Ron Paul's message of FREEDOM and no matter what Romney does to try to create a message and do what he should have been doing beginning DAY ONE is going to be too little, too late.

The people Romney needs to vote for him (called delegates) are voting for Ron Paul.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The people Romney needs to vote for him (called delegates) are voting for Ron Paul.
Delegates dont count when we get down to the electorial college. They arent even the same people.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, only left wingers like you are allowed to focus on a candidates religion, right?
I want Romney to make religion the focal point of his election, what part of that didn't you understand. I'm not joking.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
You just contradicted yourself, again.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I want Romney to make religion the focal point of his election, what part of that didn't you understand. I'm not joking.
I think the Democrats should focus at least as much time on Romney's religion as the GOP did on Rev. Wright in 2008. Somehow, I don't think Republicans would want to go there...

Old 05-23-2012, 08:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Of course you do, that way you can criticize him for doing the exact same thing you do..

Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think the Democrats should focus at least as much time on Romney's religion as the GOP did on Rev. Wright in 2008. Somehow, I don't think Republicans would want to go there...
I disagree, I think Romney should really talk about his religious views and that of the Mormon church, I think it would help him, especially with the GOP base, get them fired up.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,818 times
If I understand correctly someone (Rev. Wright?) said that Obama tried to bribe Rev. Wright in 2008 to keep quiet?

Assuming it is true, how would you even prove something like that?

Is it enough to just have an ad that says "sources close to Obama said that his campaign tried to bribe Rev. Wright, what is Obama not telling us (said in ominous political ad voice).

This seems like a losing ad to me.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
I disagree, I think Romney should really talk about his religious views and that of the Mormon church, I think it would help him, especially with the GOP base, get them fired up.
I concur! The far right fundamental Christians are such an open-minded, live-and-let-live bunch. I'm certain they wouldn't hold his "different" religion against him, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections