Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,990,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It was never supposed to be over $1T.....

What was obamas admin saying, before this was passed? If this does not go over $1Trillion I will sign it, if it goes over $1T then I wont.

I could be wrong..
Can you document what you are asserting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 12:13 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,200,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Because it is NOT improving and it has been almost 4 years. It should have made some strides in that much time, yet it continues to sink. If Mitt Romney has the same issues after almost 4 years, I won't want to re-elect him either. Romney hasn't been in office, yet though, remember? This is all speculation.

Republicans, for the most part, will vote out someone they don't think is doing a good job. It's too bad democrats are so blind to their leadership and just excuse anything and everything.
United States GDP Growth Rate

It is improving. Economies always do. There were strides made. The global banking system is no longer in peril, taxpayers aren't on the hook for GM/Chrysler pensions and we didn't seem all of those jobs disappear during the great recession.

Why do you think that the President has this much control over the economy? Are you a communist or something? The CBO and economists agree that the stimulus worked. There's plenty of data around about that.

Republicans will vote out someone doing a bad job? Yeah, that's why Bush got a second term? Sorry, but your emotional drivel doesn't hold water. Show some data showing the Republicans are less prone to voting one way no matter what and I'll believe you.

Nice try in blaming Bush's successor for the mess he made. Somehow I'm thinking if Obama had an (R) after his name, you'd think he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Going from $1.445 trillion to $1.496 trillion is not doubling. It's a $50 million difference on $1.5 trillion, hardly front-page news and certainly not "doubling" as you said.
The projections continue to climb, it started at $900B, and now to over $2.4 TRILLION.. Not only is that a doubling, but almost tripling.

Rep. Bill Posey's objections to H.R. 3962

The President said in his September address to Congress and the nation that health care reform legislation would not exceed more than $900 billion. Unfortunately, when you assemble all of the pieces of this health care agenda together, you come up with a price tag of nearly $1.6 Trillion for the first ten years of this bill - 56 percent above the $900 billion cap. This includes CBO's $1.05 trillion cost estimate for H.R. 3962 and the $209 billion for the Medicare doctor fix. Further increasing the cost is the Administration's $70 Billion Medicare adjustment, more than $200 billion in discretionary spending required in the future as a result of H.R. 3962, and more than $34 billion in unfunded Medicaid mandates on the states ($1 billion for Florida as estimated by the state).

Furthermore, when you consider that the costs of H.R. 3962 begin to significantly increase in 2014, a more accurate ten year cost estimate for the bill (2014-2014) shows a cost of $2.4 Trillion. H.R. 3962 sets us up for a serious budget challenges for 2020 and will indebt our children for decades to come.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:

The President said in his September address to Congress and the nation that health care reform legislation would not exceed more than $900 billion.

you know what amazes me the most, people who always seem to support this president, and run around high 5ing the bills he put into law, never seem to know what they actually entail and the cost involved.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
It was never supposed to be over $1T.....

What was obamas admin saying, before this was passed? If this does not go over $1Trillion I will sign it, if it goes over $1T then I wont.

I could be wrong..
no, you arent wrong, Obama said to Congress in September 2009 that the cost would be around $900 Billion over a 10 year period.
Quote:
Going from $1.445 trillion to $1.496 trillion is not doubling. It's a $50 million difference on $1.5 trillion, hardly front-page news and certainly not "doubling" as you said.

But, I believe you are ignoring other parts of the CBO report. The totality is mentioned on page one:
your CBO reports you are discussing actually exclude certain expenses because the Democrats separted them into different bills to hide the real cost.

Its actually climbed closer to $2.6T now http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/...lion-price-tag

Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM

46,382 posts, read 27,247,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no, you arent wrong, Obama said to Congress in September 2009 that the cost would be around $900 Billion over a 10 year period.

I really thought he said he would not sign it if it went over 1T?

Oh well,

Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,990,305 times
Quote:
The projections continue to climb, it started at $900B, and now to over $2.4 TRILLION.. Not only is that a doubling, but almost tripling.

The President said in his September address to Congress and the nation that health care reform legislation would not exceed more than $900 billion. Unfortunately, when you assemble all of the pieces of this health care agenda together, you come up with a price tag of nearly $1.6 Trillion for the first ten years of this bill - 56 percent above the $900 billion cap. This includes CBO's $1.05 trillion cost estimate for H.R. 3962 and the $209 billion for the Medicare doctor fix. Further increasing the cost is the Administration's $70 Billion Medicare adjustment, more than $200 billion in discretionary spending required in the future as a result of H.R. 3962, and more than $34 billion in unfunded Medicaid mandates on the states ($1 billion for Florida as estimated by the state).

Furthermore, when you consider that the costs of H.R. 3962 begin to significantly increase in 2014, a more accurate ten year cost estimate for the bill (2014-2014) shows a cost of $2.4 Trillion. H.R. 3962 sets us up for a serious budget challenges for 2020 and will indebt our children for decades to come.
You are propagating misinformation, as usual. I explained it all in post#26.

What you posted here isn't comparing apples to apples. You mix many things together and cloud the issue.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I really thought he said he would not sign it if it went over 1T?

Oh well,
Remember them saying costs would drop as well because illegal aliens wouldnt be in the plan also? Someone needs to explain to me how giving free care to illegal aliens, and not requiring them to "pay" for care. Also, remember Obama saying this would cut costs by 3,000%? Another lie, but liberals will stand here and defend the bill, and everything Obama said as accurate and then write them off as someone elses fault when costs increase, or tell you, "just wait another 20 years, it'll drop"..

Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You are propagating misinformation, as usual. I explained it all in post#26.
You didnt explain anything in posting 26, all you did was tell us why the figures originally quoted were wrong.
Quote:
What you posted here isn't comparing apples to apples. You mix many things together and cloud the issue.
Odd, thats the exact words used by factcheck, are you unable to think for yourself without going to left wing propaganda?

Hey, from the site you are repeating from
The federal subsidies and expansion of Medicaid, which are by far the most costly elements of the coverage provisions, don’t go into effect until 2014.

No ****, thats exactly what the GOP said Obama excluded from the original estimates and we were told that we didnt know how to add. Now you are adding them, and prending that adding them is the new baseline, despite the fact that the lefties purpously excluded them to begin with?

The CBO said these adjustments in estimates are due to new laws that were passed, changes in the economic forecast that predict a slower recovery, and slower predicted growth in private insurance premiums

I thought the prices would drop? Thats what Obama said, so now the predictions are off because the rate growth is "slower"? Thats not even close to being accurate. You dont get to ignore the fact that Obama LIED, in order to explain why the numbers were wrong. Thats like saying Maddoff did nothing wrong because he eventually admitted there was nothing left, and this new admission ignores everything he projected previously. Dont be ridiculous.

So it would be fair to say that CBO now estimates that the law is going to be more expensive than originally thought — about 9 percent. It has always been fair to say that the original $938 billion projection only covered the 10 years after enactment (the usual convention for such cost projections) and not the 10 years after the law becomes fully effective

Just goes to show how stupid Democrats are because we right wingers knew the original 10 years didnt include all of the law being fully in effect, but you ignoring this fact then, and now acknowledging we were correct later by looking at the new CBO estimates, doesnt make you the smart one for now recognizing the costs exist. You dont get to now include those costs previously ignored by this administration and pretend those estimates didnt exist.

If I sell you on the idea that you should invest in a property with me, and I project $100K a year profits, and then after the fact, I admit that I never included the yearly mortgage of $150K, thus leading to a $50K a year loss, this doesnt mean the old projections didnt exist and that you shouldnt be upset. But thats exactly what you are doing.

Last edited by pghquest; 05-27-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,041,097 times
Quote:
The "goal" was a price tag of $1 Trillion or less. This was/IS widely known...why do YOU not remember?

How much health care for $1 trillion? - USATODAY.com

If you google 2009 HC, the $1 T price tag is all over the place.

Oh, pardon me...his FIRST goal was $900 Billion;

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...n-Health-Care/

Quote:
Now, add it all up, and the plan I'm proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years
As we have come to learn, ALL of his promises have been broken and his estimates have been worse than just incorrect.

Quote:

The President said in his September address to Congress and the nation that health care reform legislation would not exceed more than $900 billion.

you know what amazes me the most, people who always seem to support this president, and run around high 5ing the bills he put into law, never seem to know what they actually entail and the cost involved.
So when did Romney take over job creation from obama? How can there be "unemployment under Romney"...yet?

Is this not the God's honest truth? Or they conveniently "forget".

Last edited by sanrene; 05-27-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections