Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,009,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
But wait. I thought the recall was about collective bargaining. You liberals keep changing the meme as to why Walker needs to be recalled. Pick a story and stick with it. The fact that you can't might be part of the reason why you've lost Wisconsin.
Why does the recall need to be limited to one issue?

The way I see it, three issues off thee topic are reason enough:
-- opposition to collective bargaining
-- privatizing, so corporations can assume public assets
-- Walker is in the pockets of rich industrialists and sides with them instead of the public
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 AM

FOCUS: New Evidence of Scott Walker Lying to Congress
Quote:
There is no longer any question that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s sworn testimony before Congress has been contradicted by videotaped evidence of the controversial governor discussing with his top campaign donor a “divide and conquer” political scheme to undermine organized labor and make Wisconsin “a completely red state.”

Now, however, there is new evidence to suggest that Walker’s testimony to Congress about when he began preparing his anti-labor legislation—which sparked mass demonstrations and a recall movement that will culminate with a June 5 vote on whether to recall the governor—was not truthful.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:37 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,810,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Oh, my.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:41 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,859,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, my.
Not just oh my, this is dynamite news for the freedom fighters in Wisconsin. I hope they flood the airwaves to let everyone know what a scumbag Walker is, and file immediate ethics violations charges.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:09 PM

More from Crooks and Liars:

Quote:
On April 14, 2011, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker testified before Congress that he started drafting the notorious Act 10 that stripped collective bargaining rights from most state employees in December, after Democrats in the state legislature attempted to pass pro-union contracts in a lame duck session after he won the election. But documents obtained by WTDY News in Wisconsin show that the Act was actually being worked on in November, just weeks after Walker was elected. Walker tried to tell Congress that he was just reacting to aggressive moves by Democrats, when, in reality, he planned to go after the rights of working families, it seems, from the very beginning.
This is a video of the lie:

Old 05-26-2012, 01:06 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, my.
Oh my is right, and after what happened to Clinton, the R leadership can't defend him much for lying under oath to Congress. I saw something earlier today about the Wisconsin poll numbers tightening up considerably in the last few days now that more people understand the fraud issue he was involved in when he was a county administrator in Milwaukee. This makes that issue look like nothing.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
But wait. I thought the recall was about collective bargaining. You liberals keep changing the meme as to why Walker needs to be recalled. Pick a story and stick with it. The fact that you can't might be part of the reason why you've lost Wisconsin.
He wouldn't be a radical nut if he only came down crazy on one issue--that's his problem. It's across the board. He's an example of everything that's wrong with "new" republicans and he needs to go before he takes the party down with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections