Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,476,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
You still do not seem to understand how the delegate process works... Dr. Ron Paul wouldn't be in the race at this point if he wasn't going to win...
He's not in it to win it. He's in it to spread his message.

His own campaign has even admitted he can't win the nomination:

Paul: I can't win the GOP nomination - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Obomney's delegate count is staying flat as Ron Paul's delegate count is steadily going up...

The Real 2012 Delegate Count for the Republican Primaries & Caucuses
Who is "Obomney"? I've never heard of this person you speak of. Do you mean to say "Romney"? (You don't have to answer that question.)

And, BTW, that is not a reliable source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Of course he would. Why would he stop his campaign and thus not continue to raise money? He can use the money raised on a national campaign for his local re-election one.
I agree with you that the Paulbots are pretty delusional but I should point out that Paul is not running for re-election to Congress.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree with you that the Paulbots are pretty delusional but I should point out that Paul is not running for re-election to Congress.
But thats only so he could focus on his presidential bid. This doesnt mean he wont seek other elected positions in the future or use it for other political needs, like his sons campaigns.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
But thats only so he could focus on his presidential bid. This doesnt mean he wont seek other elected positions in the future or use it for other political needs, like his sons campaigns.
Well, he's how old? 76 or 77? I doubt he will be seeking office again in the future. But his son will definitely be in politics for many years to come. I think he is running this year to try and further his "movement" and generate enough support that his son can take over as the leader in the future. That being said, the Paulbots do not like Rand Paul as much as they like his father because - while his views are somewhat similar to Ron Paul's - they are more within the mainstream and the Paulbots demand 100% ideological purity.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Well, he's how old? 76 or 77? I doubt he will be seeking office again in the future. But his son will definitely be in politics for many years to come. I think he is running this year to try and further his "movement" and generate enough support that his son can take over as the leader in the future. That being said, the Paulbots do not like Rand Paul as much as they like his father because he is more within the mainstream.
I didnt realize there was age limits to being involved with politics. You do realize that the money raised, needs to be spent rigt? He can raise as much as he wants, and continue to be a force through political facts for years to come..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I didnt realize there was age limits to being involved with politics. You do realize that the money raised, needs to be spent rigt? He can raise as much as he wants, and continue to be a force through political facts for years to come..
No kidding but, again, he is in it to start/further a movement, not to win the GOP presidential nomination this year (and I don't think for him to win any election in the future himself either).

The money will be spent one way or another. That's obvious.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
No kidding but, again, he is in it to start/further a movement, not to win the GOP presidential nomination this year (and I don't think for him to win any election in the future himself either).

The money will be spent one way or another. That's obvious.
Completely agree.. Paul was never going to win the nomination and I think he'd probably admit that himself.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 AM

473 posts, read 400,803 times
Quote:
Actually they can, but if they ever want to be a delegate again, they wont.
Quote:
Of course he would. Why would he stop his campaign and thus not continue to raise money? He can use the money raised on a national campaign for his local re-election one.
That's because Ron Paul is running a fiscally responsible campaign... The delegates are all going to Ron Paul... Even Romney's delegates are Ron Paul supporters... It's over... Ron Paul has the Republican nomination... It's just a matter of counting the delegates at the Convention in Tampa...

Old 05-27-2012, 09:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:

You're not paying close attention to the recent Ron Paul money bomb.
A message from Ron himself, for your viewing pleasure.

Slowly but surely, the establishment is starting to realize the effectiveness of our long-term delegate strategy.

If our previous successes hadn’t convinced them, my victories last weekend at State Conventions – where we took a majority of each state’s national delegates – certainly turned some heads.

They simply can’t believe that you are dedicated, passionate, and determined enough to continue fighting for this country’s future after they’ve already hand-picked a candidate.

As panic begins to take hold, I’m certain they will be more desperate than ever to stop our Revolution.

So I hope you’ll click on the link below and take just a few minutes to listen to the special audio message I recently recorded.

[CENTER][/CENTER]
[LEFT]
I am relying on your help to keep fighting all the way to the Republican National Convention in August.

With several state conventions coming up in just the next few weeks – not to mention my campaign needing to help the delegates who have already won fight any challenges the establishment throws their way – I can’t tell you how critical it is we have your continued support.

Thousands are attending our meetings all across the country, and I’m confident we can spread our message even more, further grow our ranks, and keep securing key national delegate spots - if we have the resources.

So please listen to the special message I’ve recorded and contribute whatever you are able today.

Thank you for standing with me in this cause!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. After my campaign’s incredible wins at State Conventions last week – where we took a majority of each state’s national delegates - the establishment is guaranteed to be more desperate than ever to stop our Revolution.

So I hope you’ll take just a few minutes to listen to the special audio message I’ve recorded for you.

I plan to keep fighting all the way to Tampa, but only your support allows us to spread our message even more, further grow our ranks, and continue securing key national delegate spots.

Please, listen to the message right away and contribute whatever you are able today!

[/LEFT]

Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
That's because Ron Paul is running a fiscally responsible campaign... The delegates are all going to Ron Paul... Even Romney's delegates are Ron Paul supporters... It's over... Ron Paul has the Republican nomination... It's just a matter of counting the delegates at the Convention in Tampa...
Yes, you're right that some of the delegates bound to vote for Romney on the first ballot are Paul supporters. But they still have to vote for Romney on the first ballot and there will not be a second ballot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections