Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Once the Texas (Ron Paul's home state) delegates are counted... Romney will fall short of the 1144 required at the convention... Ron Paul wins on the second ballot.
aren't you forgetting Ca? Also, you do realize, whether Texas is his home state or not, he isn't expected to win or even come close today don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
He hasn't gotten to 1144. He has 492. There are 1392 to be decided. The media has been wrong wrong wrong about calling the election so far except for the popular vote which they call after 1 percent of people vote because they know how the Diebold voting machines are going to fiddle with the votes.
you are getting your figures from his blogs and websites, they are not authentic and down deep you know this. Remember, I was anything but a Romney supporter but I am also realistic enough to know the printing is on the wall. Romney will seal the nomination before the end of next week and I am now totally behind him. If makes no sense to hold onto false hope. Even Paul knows he is not going to get the nomination...

Nita

Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 PM

473 posts, read 400,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
aren't you forgetting Ca? Also, you do realize, whether Texas is his home state or not, he isn't expected to win or even come close today don't you?
Ron Paul doesn't have to win Texas because the delegates are proportional... California is winner take all but it doesn't matter anymore... All Ron Paul needs is 3 more delegates and it's all over for Romney.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
you are getting your figures from his blogs and websites, they are not authentic and down deep you know this. Remember, I was anything but a Romney supporter but I am also realistic enough to know the printing is on the wall. Romney will seal the nomination before the end of next week and I am now totally behind him. If makes no sense to hold onto false hope. Even Paul knows he is not going to get the nomination...

Nita
Still trying to reason with the loons within the GOP I see, never happen, even after Paul finally gets the message his cult members never will, your convention is going to be a major mess and it will show the entire GOP that it is time for the Paulbots to go elsewhere.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:09 PM

473 posts, read 400,145 times
Romney is not going to make it to 1144 on the first ballot.

Ron Paul - 186 delegates
Romney - 591 delegates
Gingrich - 66
Santorum - 146

Total delegates TBD at state conventions - 1297

The Real 2012 Delegate Count for the Republican Primaries & Caucuses

2012 Primary Schedule « 2012 Election Central

Old 05-29-2012, 02:21 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Romney is not going to make it to 1144 on the first ballot.

Ron Paul - 186 delegates
Romney - 591 delegates
Gingrich - 66
Santorum - 146

Total delegates TBD at state conventions - 1297

2012 Primary Schedule « 2012 Election Central
It'll be to President Obama and the Democratic Party advantage if there's a struggle of sorts at the GOP convention. All of the tin foil hat types will be on display for the country to see or read about. It'll help steer the independents to the Democratic column. Romney should be congratulated for what appears to be successfully navigating a difficult GOP primary season gauntlet.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:

Nita
The figures you are quoting are from a mega consortium. This is the product they are selling. I assume you also have no clue who the NEP is. Do you even read where they get the data and how they are creating it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/delegate-tracker/
"In cases where states use local caucuses or primaries to elect delegates to a state or congressional district convention, the AP projects how many delegates each candidate will be awarded. "
The so-called "blog" site you mistrust, is from at least a some what independent journalist, whose information can be verified from his description of what he is stating and 3rd parties. Source links are right off the site. He ISN'T selling a product either with this site. (no they aren't all RP bloggers)Seriously no way you believe what you are saying.

This is much like you believing a drug study or commercial over an independent lab with transparent 3rd party sources. Seriously?

Old 05-29-2012, 04:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Still trying to reason with the loons within the GOP I see, never happen, even after Paul finally gets the message his cult members never will, your convention is going to be a major mess and it will show the entire GOP that it is time for the Paulbots to go elsewhere.
Speaking of Reason I am hoping Paul supporters come on over to the Libertarian Party after this election

If you are going to call Dr. Paul supporters Paulbots, you are going to have to
call anyone that supports Romney - Rombots, supporters of Obama -Obambots,
and so on.

As for libertarians who support the Libertarian Party candidate Johnson, you can just call us Integribots
We vote on Principal

Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Reality Check: Did Mitt Romney Really Secure GOP Nomination With Texas Win? - YouTube!

Paul is positioned to get the majority of delegates, at the remaining State conventions.
Look what the GOP establishment is trying to pull and change the rules, in Massachusetts, where they got their asses handed to them, in embarrassment.

Nevada the same deal.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You have obviously overestimated your hero.
The supposed intelligence of the electorate is what has been overestimated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections