Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think we'd be stupid enough to post a car wash poll and then pretend it holds relevance.
I meant this constant "If a conservative posted this, that, the other".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 AM

46,329 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I meant this constant "If a conservative posted this, that, the other".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are we going to have to put up with statements like this from now until the election?

If, if, if, is irrelevant. Go ahead and post such a video. Let the chips fall where they may.
Truth suck's, huh....

Tell me it's not true that when somone on the right posts something from "The Blaze" or other non MSM new sources, the left goes crazy about "Oh The Blaze, now that's a reputiable source" or some other smart @ss remark.

But, just as you have done, pointed out, it's a conserative thing.

Again, If I would have posted anything like that, it would have been slammed from the beginning......Oh "YOU TUBE" now that's a reputiable source.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
You are either a troll, a racist or a hater (my favorite because it sounds like a three year old talking) to people who post to C-D but can't support their argument. It's how they shut down the opposition conversation. Otherwise, they've got nothing. On the other hand, there are an awful lot of people in P&OC that don't have a sense of humor or recognize sarcasm or hyperbole when they see it. Just an observation.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Truth suck's, huh....

Tell me it's not true that when somone on the right posts something from "The Blaze" or other non MSM new sources, the left goes crazy about "Oh The Blaze, now that's a reputiable source" or some other smart @ss remark.

But, just as you have done, pointed out, it's a conserative thing.

Again, If I would have posted anything like that, it would have been slammed from the beginning......Oh "YOU TUBE" now that's a reputiable source.
A broadcast news channel in Madison aired a story about a local business owner's unique and good-natured idea to bring customers into his business. It was posted on YouTube because--well, how else would you propose it be shared? Geesh, give it a rest. I'm sure there are many threads that use sources that either side can dispute, but this was a news story aired on a local news station and posted on YouTube. That's it. Stop looking for boogy-men where none exist.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM

46,329 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
A broadcast news channel in Madison aired a story about a local business owner's unique and good-natured idea to bring customers into his business. It was posted on YouTube because--well, how else would you propose it be shared? Geesh, give it a rest. I'm sure there are many threads that use sources that either side can dispute, but this was a news story aired on a local news station and posted on YouTube. That's it. Stop looking for boogy-men where none exist.
What boggy man?

I'm not sure why you cannot see the differnece, this was not posted "tongue in cheek", it was posted because the OP knew what would happen, hence a troll thread, which by the way was posted before I ever stated that.

Why are you only targeting me on this? Others have said almost the same thing, are you complaining because you know I'm right?

This was brought up only as a troll thread...get used to it.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
You cant in all honesty believe that the left wingers wouldnt have called this out for its stupidity, had some right winger posted it, do you?

The OP actually believed this to be true, note the amount of typical hate in his OP, or do you believe calling people fascist (which in this case couldnt be a bigger oxymoron since every other poll taken shows the OP to be wrong), to be a symbol of love?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
What boggy man?
All of your accusations about "you lefties" and YouTube. It's a news clip, not some insidious plot to discredit the GOP. They don't need our help with that.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you cannot see the differnece, this was not posted "tongue in cheek", it was posted because the OP knew what would happen, hence a troll thread, which by the way was posted before I ever stated that.
Again, everyone knows what will happen when they post something here that favors one side over the other, yet posters do it every single day. People post to get a response; otherwise, what would be the point? If you don't like what they post, don't respond.

I'm truly curious, is a post only considered trolling by you if it happens to be unfavorable to your side? And does that mean that all of the posts that are unfavorable or unflattering towards the left--those are not trolling?

Quote:
Why are you only targeting me on this?
Paranoid much? You posted, I responded. That's not called targeting, that's called discussing. If you don't want a response, why post on a public board?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
All of your accusations about "you lefties" and YouTube. It's a news clip, not some insidious plot to discredit the GOP. They don't need our help with that.
Its a local op ed piece for a local car wash company, posted on the local news. Thats not the same as "news"..

"polls" arent really news, but reports of opinions.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:05 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,829,677 times
Quote:
Its a local op ed piece for a local car wash company, posted on the local news. Thats not the same as "news"..
Local news stations aren't news? Now i've heard it all from the extreme right.

Instead of all the childish squirming and squealing from the far right trying to bash and hijack this thread in any way they can, let's get back on topic.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
You cant in all honesty believe that the left wingers wouldnt have called this out for its stupidity, had some right winger posted it, do you?
Maybe someone would have. So what? It's a clip from a local news station with a unique take on an election that is getting a lot of play here on C-D in other threads. I get that you don't like the comments that the OP posted along with the clip, but such is the nature of public discussion boards. Why don't you talk about the clip itself, which is the subject of the thread?

Quote:
Its a local op ed piece for a local car wash company, posted on the local news. Thats not the same as "news".
It's not an op ed, it's a fluff piece, probably a filler at the end of a newscast. It's reported in a light manner; the anchor introduces the piece by saying, "Jessica found a unique way that voters are 'driving home their views.'" See the pun? It's intended to be a light-hearted story. No one is claiming that it is scientific in any way--it's just supposed to be a fun take on a serious issue, and (news flash here!!) television news stations do pieces like this all the time.

Quote:
"polls" arent really news, but reports of opinions.
So of course, you take issue with the myriad of other threads touting polls that favor one side or the other which appear almost daily here on C-D, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections