Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,160,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You need to read what I replied to.
Yes I did. You replied to a statement about “Darwinism at work” with an ignorant video reaction of someone making a fool of them self. My response was meant to point out the fact that this is the exception not the norm. Hence the video of others doing something similar on the opposite side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 05:55 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,051,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is your take for those who support Obama? Stupid, or smart?
Idiots.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:55 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,120,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
USMC, 1974-1977

Mark me down as part of the 34%.
What happened to your oath to protect America from enemies foreign and domestic?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,592,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Cowards come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, including long, lanky, and cinammon colored. He has no one fooled. The country sees right through Barack Obama.
EXACTLY.........

At least he hasn't fooled the military.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,204,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The difference here is that Barack Obama is indeed a coward in my view. The poster in question used a figure...."95%"....which in his view is factual, although it has ZERO basis in fact. My opinion....his "fact".....learn the difference. There's no excuse for ignorance.
Again, being a tough guy and calling someone a coward from behind your computer is kind of, well, being what you're calling Obama. I do agree with your attack of this guy's 95% statement. No facts to justify that. Then again, the majority of your posts are void of any factual data or anything to justify your opinion. Case in point, I have no clue why you call Obama a coward.

Feel free to call people out for dreaming up ideas out of their backside, but please do apply that idea to your own posts.

Quote:
Given the results of the Obama presidency, the answer to that question is obvious. I would offer that "gullible" would be more appropriate, as even intelligent people can fall for a con.
Yes and plenty of unintelligent people blame the sitting president for the recession he was handed by the previous President. There's nothing the guy has done to cause a disaster other than takeover in the midst of a massive recession. Sadly, plenty of people have their heads too far up their backside to take that into consideration.

Like the guy or not, judge him on his merits. He's mostly done the exact same things that everyone else was proposing to deal with the current mess.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What happened to your oath to protect America from enemies foreign and domestic?
Just because you don't like someone's political opinions does not make them an "enemy" of the country and justify military intervention. Most people in the military understand that Obama was fairly elected, that he operates within the same framework of checks and balances as any other President would, and that once he has served his time - whether it be one or two terms - he will step aside and the people will elect a new President. So there is no need for them to do anything other than what they already do legally and well in accordance with the Constitution.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 PM

14,160 posts, read 15,214,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Evangelicals will not be voting for Romney so the stats aren't looking good.

A new poll in Massachusetts has confirmed, that Mitt Romney will very likely lose Massachusetts in November to President Obama
according to the New York Times.

So far, only three presidential candidates have gone on to win the White House without winning their home state. The last time it happened was in 1968, with Richard Nixon. The other two non-home state presidential winners were James Polk in 1844, and Woodrow WilsonWoodrow Wilson in 1916.
That just so happens to coorelate with the "direction of the state" part of the poll. which was right Direction 65/35 wrong track , so the inverse of the country as a whole.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

What happened to your head?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:28 AM

30,316 posts, read 18,870,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Again, being a tough guy and calling someone a coward from behind your computer is kind of, well, being what you're calling Obama. I do agree with your attack of this guy's 95% statement. No facts to justify that. Then again, the majority of your posts are void of any factual data or anything to justify your opinion. Case in point, I have no clue why you call Obama a coward.

Feel free to call people out for dreaming up ideas out of their backside, but please do apply that idea to your own posts.

Yes and plenty of unintelligent people blame the sitting president for the recession he was handed by the previous President. There's nothing the guy has done to cause a disaster other than takeover in the midst of a massive recession. Sadly, plenty of people have their heads too far up their backside to take that into consideration.

Like the guy or not, judge him on his merits. He's mostly done the exact same things that everyone else was proposing to deal with the current mess.

No one blames Obama for the recession. People blame Obama for a failed economic policy that has failed to emerge from the recession. Obama, of course (like Bush before him), inherited a bad economy. Unlike every president before him, Obama has failed to formulate a viable and effective recovery plan and has thus failed. It is his FAILURE AND INCOMPETENCE that people do not like.

I find it odd that liberals embrace his incompetence, simply because he is a democrat. I, as did many republicans, did not care for Bush, as he was a fiscal liberal. I did not care that he had an "R" on his cap. Libs, on the other hand, really do not care about the nation as long as a liberal is sitting in the White House. I wonder how many of those unemployed college kids, who wildly supported Obama in 2008, still think he is an effective leader and is thier best hope for prosperity? If they vote for Obama, they should probably check again with mom and dad to make sure it is okay for them to live in their basement for another four years.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,955,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
How dare you say that our veterans weren't smart enough to get into college? I think you were too coward to enlist.

For some, they have a family tradition of military service. For others it may begin as a way to pay for college and yet others still join and decide they like it. They would protect your sorry butt.
I got a full scholarship to college, I didn't need to put my life on the line to protect corporate interests. Why are there so many unemployable veterans if they are all Stephen Hawking-level geniuses I know a lot are less fortunate and join to get thru college. Most military I've met aren't the most intellectual people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections