Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:47 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,697,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
And when he became a politician, He has been a miserable failure. . Ignored by his "coworkers", just like he is being ignored by the American Voters.
Maybe Ron Paul should have supported the war in Iraq, the Patriot Act, the NDAA to be considered a successful Congressman. Because that is what people would like. Success = quantity. Not quality nor content. Right?

Have any of you stop to read Article 1 of the Constitution?

Have you read the Constitution itself without you party BS agenda? Look at the bills that have made through Congress an whether they are Constitutional or not. You will be horrified.

And the bills in your quote would be bad if passed? I don't think so.

How about you look into the hundreds of bills he has sponsored and never passed before you decide he is a loser and should be selling out like the rest of Congress is?

Nevermind. It is much easier to just regurgitate the same BS everytime without having knowledge of what is being proposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We would likely be far better off if the majority of bills that have been passed never were.
this may or may not be true, but Paul has accomplished almost nothing since entering the congress. This is one reason he would have trouble as the PRes. He would not get cooperation from either side and a Pres has to have some. They also have to bend, compromise and know which battles are worth fighting. Paul doesn't seem to be capable of doing this. It has always been his way or no way....Some give him credit for standing for what he believes in, most Americans understand, their has to be give and take...

Nita

Old 05-31-2012, 02:05 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this may or may not be true, but Paul has accomplished almost nothing since entering the congress. This is one reason he would have trouble as the PRes. He would not get cooperation from either side and a Pres has to have some. They also have to bend, compromise and know which battles are worth fighting. Paul doesn't seem to be capable of doing this. It has always been his way or no way....Some give him credit for standing for what he believes in, most Americans understand, their has to be give and take...

Nita
So his downfall is that he is principled.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:07 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,727,827 times
Quote:
You do understand that he was a doctor? He graduated from Duke and was a medical doctor in the military for 5 years when he then became an OB/GYN.

He retired and then went into politics. While I hate generalizing, I'm going to bet this trumps your life's work.
No, as a matter of fact, it doesn't.

You can't insult me with your stupidity. You only insult yourself.

Lots of people have graduated. Lots of people have degrees. Lots of people have delivered babies at home. I have an uncle who delivered one of my nieces in a snowdrift in a stuck car.

Nobody cares because Paul hasn't done a single thing, ever, that had an effect on you or me.

There's a difference between being principled and/or being crazy as a hoot owl.

You paulies lost ..... again.

And that's a fact.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:27 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Ron "I've Never Accoomplished a Thing in My Entire Life" Paul.
Served in the US Air Force during wartime as a surgeon.

Ran a successful OB-GYN practice (created jobs) without offering abortion on demand and donated medical care to many patients who could not afford to pay.

Has been married to the same woman for 54 years having successfully raised several children to adulthood who in turn are successes in their own right and have given Dr. Paul and his wife many grandchildren.

Has authored a number of books addressing Liberty, The US Contitution, and the The Federal Reserve. (Contrast this to Obama who only writes about himself.)

Elected by the people of Texas multiple times over multiple decades to represent them in the US House. He has supported and defended the US Constitution with every vote, without compromise. As Chairman of the House Finance Committee he has done more to pressure The Federal Reserve into providing transparency than any other member of Congress, including the very real potential to FINALLY audit The FED.

Founded the Ludwig Von Mises Institute for Economic Studies in Auburn Alabama.

I'm certain there is much, much, more.

Congressman Paul Subcommittee Hearing "The Federal Reserve System: Mend It or End It?" PART 1 - YouTube

Congressman Paul Subcommittee Hearing "The Federal Reserve System: Mend It or End It?" PART 2 - YouTube

Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:

Lots of people have graduated. Lots of people have degrees. Lots of people have delivered babies at home. I have an uncle who delivered one of my nieces in a snowdrift in a stuck car.

Nobody cares because Paul hasn't done a single thing, ever, that had an effect on you or me.
I see, so it's all about you.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:53 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,980,312 times
Quote:
And when he became a politician, He has been a miserable failure
The miserable failures are the big government leeches who insist someone besides themselves run their life and others lives. Hows that working out? Economy vibrant? Unemployment low? Middle East conflict solved?

Quote:
Ignored by his "coworkers", just like he is being ignored by the American Voters.
I can see how someone as uninformed as you would say that. He was elected to serve his constituents and has done very well. Reelecting him so many times mean anything to you?
Which of his bills were bad? The plethora of bills he introduced to reduce spending and lower the debt? Or the bills to keep us out of the Middle East and therefore avoid 9/11?

Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,980,312 times
Quote:

Your ignorant posts are insult enough.

Quote:
He was hired by his constituents to do things for them not you princess.

Quote:
There's a difference between being principled and/or being crazy as a hoot owl.
There is a difference between being informed and posting drivel.

I guess trying to prevent the housing crash which congress caused by manipulating the free market was crazy as a hoot owl?

I guess telling us how our foreign policy in the Middle East would invite a 9/11 type attack which was backed up by the Dept of Defense and CIAs Bin Laden Unit Reports was crazy as a hoot owl?

Quote:
You paulies lost ..... again.
You big government types are lost ..... again.

Quote:
And that's a fact.
The only fact is your posts have no facts.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:52 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,519,943 times
Quote:
You do understand that he was a doctor? He graduated from Duke and was a medical doctor in the military for 5 years when he then became an OB/GYN.

He retired and then went into politics. While I hate generalizing, I'm going to bet this trumps your life's work.
Additionally, he won 12 elections. I don't see how that constitutes not accomplishing anything.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,960,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
This is a bit of a dead horse, but is totally subjective. Many people have different yardsticks for progress and success. HR1207, in itself was a big leap forward for everybody.
Plenty of other stuff.
Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections