Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,354,483 times

Advertisements

Isn't it interesting that anything anyone says anytime that is counter to the left wing democrat lame stream media talking head pundits they are labeled with derogatory disparaging false senseless innuendo so as to marginalize their position and belief's. . . . .

Sorry, talking and thinking like Keith Olbermann overloads the brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,136,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't know how anyone can believe anything your "news media" reports, because unlike Canada where it is illegal, your media can report opinion as news.

Truth in Journalism: Behind Canada's Law Against Lying on the News by Dave Saldana

Incredible. I agree with you on something.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 AM

13,972 posts, read 14,887,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know that saying "the other guy does it too" is not only a poor argument, but it doesn't make what "your guy" does any more right.
Fox news is more Right, isn't that what this tread is about?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,743,468 times
Hehe i wonder how long this will last??

Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,617,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's interesting how some of you can't defend Fox News's slogan, so you have to lash out at every other network.
There is no other news network that, during commentary shows, include so many of both sides of an issue.

The commentators do not claim to be unbiased, but they claim to present both sides of the argument diligently. Your favorite networks don't come close!

Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,628,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's interesting how some of you can't defend Fox News's slogan, so you have to lash out at every other network.
What is it about "We Report, You Decide" that's so hard to understand?

They reported the fool in the WH using facts in a 4-minute video. And you appear to have decided.

Done! Move on. If the truth hurts, so be it.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 AM

33,507 posts, read 37,025,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What is it about "We Report, You Decide" that's so hard to understand?
Yeah, right "We Report, You Decide" if we are lying or telling the truth...They call this fair and balanced news? I don't think so.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:40 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,662,293 times
Yawn.
There are no American unbiased TV news stations, newspapers, or radio stations. They all report opinion as fact. They all refuse to report anything having to do with reality; i.e., the radiation from the Fukashima reactors, the 'bank runs' in Greece and Spain, the economic factors and impacts of laws, from Ford investing taxpayer bailout money in China to the Chinese being given access to American debt through the Federal Reserve.

The whole purpose of the so-called news media is to keep the public hyper-emotionalized over things that don't matter or to polarize them on personalities instead of facts. That goes for all of them; the "fair and balanced" Fox - which isn't - or CNN, CNBC, ABC, MSNBC.

But - it isn't really their fault that they think John Q. is a mouthbreathing, emotionalized, drama-queen-inspired idiot. Their ratings prove what sells - not in-depth coverage of the causes of unemployment, not long and involved comparisons of Keynesian vs Austrian economics, not discussions of the impacts of Chernobyl vs Fukashima vs the Gulf oil spill on food resources and human consumption. When you viewers, in the main, consist of people who argue in real time with their 400 "friends" on Facebook about who is going to be the next one to get voted off of Survivor or go on to the finals of American Idol, you have to cater to your largest demographic... those selfsame mouthbreathers, who are bored by facts and who flip the channel the minute they see graphs and pie charts.

The American public wants, needs, the brainless mind-pap they are fed; they want and need the emotionalized arguments presented by Chris Mathews and Glen Beck, they demand the endless arguments about LiLo or Treyvon, they live their lives around which celebrity slugged which grocery-store magazine's paparazzi this week and called it "winning". They no more care about 'economic impacts' or socioeconomic deconstruction than they are aware that there are such things.

Don't shoot the messenger, just because he screams the messages that everyone demands to hear, to justify their own beliefs and self-satisfied claims that they are the ones with the real inside story.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,063,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Perhaps they should drop all pretense of being "fair and balance." Perhaps "We tell the RWNJ what they want to hear" would be a better moniker?

Even conservatives think this one is over the line.

Video: Fox’s “Four years of hope and change”; Update: “Not authorized at the senior executive level of the network” « Hot Air

I'm actually fine with it-- I just wish Fox would come out and be more honest about what they are doing... as if anyone truly believes they are fair and balanced.

Fair and Balanced...should we sue for false advertising?

Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,918,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Perhaps they should drop all pretense of being "fair and balance." Perhaps "We tell the RWNJ what they want to hear" would be a better moniker?

Even conservatives think this one is over the line.

Video: Fox’s “Four years of hope and change”; Update: “Not authorized at the senior executive level of the network” « Hot Air

I'm actually fine with it-- I just wish Fox would come out and be more honest about what they are doing... as if anyone truly believes they are fair and balanced.
Someone needs to tell the truth about this presidency. Please tell me which of those facts are not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections