Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times

Advertisements

The ad starts with piano music and a mother telling of her two young daughters, 6 and 10 years old who want to be a fighter pilot and a dolphin doctor. Then as the music rises, the mom starts into a rant about...birth control!

"It is upsetting to me that in 2012, the use of birth control has become controversial. Birth control isn’t just for family planning...it’s medication that most women need and use at some point in their lives, and it is as common in a woman’s medicine cabinet as cough medicine … That’s just one reason I’m so passionate about getting you re-elected this year. We need a president who will stand up for women’s health … The dreams of all our daughters are at stake."

"In what world is use of birth control controversial? What does condom mandating by the federal government have to do with whether this woman’s daughters become veterinarians? Nothing. What does the health care mandate have to do with the woman’s daughter entering the Air Force? Nothing. And just because a woman has condoms in her cabinet doesn’t mean the government should provide them – after all, does the government provide that cough medication? Or the Q-Tips next to it? But there’s gushy music, so it must be true."

Obama Ad: Little Girls Need Government Condoms to Make 'Dreams' Come True

Unbelievable! I'm surprised they didn't add violin music and a footnote on where children can obtain free, confidential abortions without their parent's consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
The ad starts with piano music and a mother telling of her two young daughters, 6 and 10 years old who want to be a fighter pilot and a dolphin doctor. Then as the music rises, the mom starts into a rant about...birth control!

"It is upsetting to me that in 2012, the use of birth control has become controversial. Birth control isn’t just for family planning...it’s medication that most women need and use at some point in their lives, and it is as common in a woman’s medicine cabinet as cough medicine … That’s just one reason I’m so passionate about getting you re-elected this year. We need a president who will stand up for women’s health … The dreams of all our daughters are at stake."

"In what world is use of birth control controversial? What does condom mandating by the federal government have to do with whether this woman’s daughters become veterinarians? Nothing. What does the health care mandate have to do with the woman’s daughter entering the Air Force? Nothing. And just because a woman has condoms in her cabinet doesn’t mean the government should provide them – after all, does the government provide that cough medication? Or the Q-Tips next to it? But there’s gushy music, so it must be true."

Obama Ad: Little Girls Need Government Condoms to Make 'Dreams' Come True

Unbelievable! I'm surprised they didn't add violin music and a footnote on where children can obtain free, confidential abortions without their parent's consent.
Let's see the ad.

But, then again ... seeing that you've linked a racist supporting website as the source ... don't bother.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Let's see the ad.

But, then again ... seeing that you've linked a racist supporting website as the source ... don't bother.
The video was in the link

Obama ad suggests girls cannot succeed in life without the HHS mandate [Video]

To think about it, the ad is even dumber, because Obamacare will be decided in the supreme court, not in the Oval office

Furthermore, its a bunch of babble because birth control was already covered by most insurance companies before the mandate.

I guess it'll get the stupid vote..

Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Let's see the ad.

I think your typical "racist" is one that refuses any new information based on pre-judgment. You lose.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:04 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Default That's really weird...

I've watched it twice now, yet no condoms mentioned. Perhaps there's some mistake... Oh - Breitbart. Dead Lying Guy's website stays as trustworthy as ever.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I've watched it twice now, yet no condoms mentioned. Perhaps there's some mistake... Oh - Breitbart. Dead Lying Guy's website stays as trustworthy as ever.
Did you hear birth control mentioned? Arent condoms a method of birth control?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Did you hear birth control mentioned? Arent condoms a method of birth control?
Ah, conservative logic.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Ah, conservative logic.
Are you telling me you understand the ad to include all birth control with the exception of condoms?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are you telling me you understand the ad to include all birth control with the exception of condoms?
Let me explain. When a headline writer decides to get detailed and specific, I expect the referenced material to be equally specific. It's called integrity in reporting. If a headline screams "Aircraft carriers on the Great Lakes" and the actual material refers to "Navy units on the Great Lakes", nobody would accept an excuse along the lines of "Well, aircraft carriers are navy units". (Well, perhaps Breitbart's readers would, they seem to operate under their own concepts.)

As it happens, the ad was very generic. The specific details regarding condoms popped into the Breitfart writers mind (and apparently yours too) quite on their own. Besides, as I'm sure you know, the recent debate centered on hormonal BC methods for women, due to their beneficial effect beyond contraception.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Let me explain. When a headline writer decides to get detailed and specific, I expect the referenced material to be equally specific. It's called integrity in reporting. If a headline screams "Aircraft carriers on the Great Lakes" and the actual material refers to "Navy units on the Great Lakes", nobody would accept an excuse along the lines of "Well, aircraft carriers are navy units". (Well, perhaps Breitbart's readers would, they seem to operate under their own concepts.)

As it happens, the ad was very generic. The specific details regarding condoms popped into the Breitfart writers mind (and apparently yours too) quite on their own. Besides, as I'm sure you know, the recent debate centered on hormonal BC methods for women, due to their beneficial effect beyond contraception.
Let me explain. When they make an ad, saying they need government to mandate birth control, then this includes ALL birth control. Not only is the ad a lie, but the ad is meant to deceive viewers because insurance companies already offered birth control before Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections