Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,974,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Well, what could Billl say about Obama's business record/previous experience seeing as how Obama doesn't have either!!!???
Then Obama is in good company. 76% of presidents since 1901, like Eisenhower and FDR, had no business experience. The idea that business experience in any way is beneficial to being a successful U.S. president is dubious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Last week, Mitt Romney and his surrogates were wholeheartedly embracing former President Bill Clinton and his opinons ... today, a deafening silence:
Quote:
Electing the Republican nominee would be "calamitous for our country and the world" Clinton said ... "I don't think it's important to re-elect the president, I think it's essential to re-elect the president."

First Read - Bill Clinton says Romney would be 'calamitous for our country'

Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,855,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Last week, Mitt Romney and his surrogates were wholeheartedly embracing former President Bill Clinton and his opinons ... today, a deafening silence:
That is because "conservative" minds can't understand anything that is even a tiny bit more complicated than the oversimplification their political preachers provide them. Consequently, they've been running around with this idea as being anti-Obama as opposed to Romney as a businessman. Clinton has simply reiterated what he said earlier that Obama, not Romney, make sense.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:26 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,694,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Then Obama is in good company. 76% of presidents since 1901, like Eisenhower and FDR, had no business experience. The idea that business experience in any way is beneficial to being a successful U.S. president is dubious.
How many presidents since 1901 had no military experience, no private executive business experience, never ran a company where they had to make payroll, and never held a real job for more then a few months? And how many spent their last two years in high school in a self-induced drug and alcohol daze? I'm guessing ZERO... until Obama that is.

You guys beat this drum as if working at Bain Capital is all Romney has on his resume.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How many presidents since 1901 had no military experience, no private executive business experience, never ran a company where they had to make payroll, and never held a real job for more then a few months? And how many spent their last two years in high school in a self-induced drug and alcohol daze? I'm guessing ZERO... until Obama that is.

You guys beat this drum as if working at Bain Capital is all Romney has on his resume.
Obama was a state Senator and a U.S. Senator plus he is a sitting president. To claim that he has no government experience is not only a stupid statement but a false one at that.

Obama was never a drug or alcohol abuser, although, like most of us he experimented with them as a teen. Too bad I can't say that about his immediate predecessor, whose sum of military experience was protecting Texas from the Vietcong and was a heavy drug and alcohol user.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:50 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't think so. In 1992 Clinton had an ambitious liberal agenda (remember HillaryCare, gun bans, etc) but after R's took the house in 1994 for the first time in 40 years, he acceded to the advice of Rubin and Dick Morris to swerve right. Especially Robert Rubin. According to Game Change by Halperin & Heilman Hillary is also considered as a true believer progressive by her peers but with political pressures being what they are it's always tough for an outsider to judge where any high level poltico really is. Remember both Bill & Hill were chidren of the radical 60's.

In the case of Bill Clinton I don't think he ever got over being accused of racism in the 2008 SC primary by Team Obama. Bill was always proud of his support in the black community; remember he chose to locate his main office in Harlem after leaving the WH.

I think Bill is going to try to exact his revenge in the 2012 campaign although he will probably do it in such a way as to maintain plausible deniability.

I hope you're right.

Bill Clinton on a back stabbing mission would be hilarious!

Old 06-05-2012, 04:53 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Asking questions about events that haven't taken place?
No, I said Romney has no experience as POTUS, what do you have that says he does?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,694,084 times
Quote:
LOL. I'm sure you are a great judge of character. Obama is a great orator and charasmatic, I will give him that. Given the choice he would not interact with most people, he is not a great communicator, but a manipulator of words and, yes, the public is feeling him. The public is hurting.
Obama only makes good speeches if he is reading a good speech, when he goes off prompter he comes off as snarky, condescending and bitter.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:14 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Nah, he also has the ChickenS**T ChickenHawk behavior of supporting the Vietnam War/draft while conveniently avoiding both. Add that to his current saber ratlling desire to project American power around the world and seeming willingness to fight a proxy war for Israel and it's a great big NO THANKS from me.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Obama only makes good speeches if he is reading a good speech, when he goes off prompter he comes off as snarky, condescending and bitter.
I don't find to be the case at all. Examples are his town meetings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections