Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:51 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's easy to be dismissive here but the facts are Obama had his shot and isn't getting another.
May be, may be not. But if that is your idea of defending republicans on economy... well, you were never on track to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 12:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,334,398 times
Quote:
It's easy to be dismissive here but the facts are Obama had his shot and isn't getting another.
I guess the meeting held by key republican leaders on Jan 10th 2009 when they collectively decided to fight EVERYTHING that President Obama does. Ican assume that you were not aware of that meeting. So how is this all of Obama's fault?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
May be, may be not. But if that is your idea of defending republicans on economy... well, you were never on track to begin with.
It is one of the few things they have done lately that I support.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
And the GOP has nothing to do with it, huh?
Holy cow, what's with the buckshot? Even with the buckshot you completely missed the target. Yes, the GOP has blocked his programs after he messed up the original stimulus program. He has shown that he can not be trusted with that kind of money.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess the meeting held by key republican leaders on Jan 10th 2009 when they collectively decided to fight EVERYTHING that President Obama does. Ican assume that you were not aware of that meeting. So how is this all of Obama's fault?
I can only assume that following along is not your strong point here.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
It is one of the few things they have done lately that I support.
Could you be even more vague?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Could you be even more vague?
If you do not know what your statement was that I replied to, well.........wow.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,967,937 times
Quote:
Holy cow, what's with the buckshot? Even with the buckshot you completely missed the target. Yes, the GOP has blocked his programs after he messed up the original stimulus program. He has shown that he can not be trusted with that kind of money.
What was "messed up" about the original stimulus program?

Congressional Budget Office defends stimulus - The Washington Post

Quote:
Did the stimulus work?

Certainly not according to Republicans, who regularly blast President Obama’s “failed” economic policies on the campaign trail. GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has called the $787 billion package of temporary tax cuts and spending hikes “the largest one-time careless expenditure of government money in American history.”

But on Wednesday, under questioning from skeptical Republicans, the director of the nonpartisan (and widely respected) Congressional Budget Office was emphatic about the value of the 2009 stimulus. And, he said, the vast majority of economists agree.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,334,398 times
Quote:
Telecom executive Donald H. Gips raised a big bundle of cash to help finance his friend Barack Obama’s run for the presidency.

Gips, a vice president of Colorado-based Level 3 Communications LLC, delivered more than $500,000 in contributions for the Obama war chest, while two fellow senior company executives collected at least $150,000 more.

After the election, Gips was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House, helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions. Then in mid-2009, the new president named him ambassador to South Africa. Level 3 Communications, in which Gips retained stock, meanwhile received millions of dollars of government stimulus contracts for broadband projects in six states—though Gips said he was "completely unaware" of the stimulus money.

I can do this all day. Please tell me ahead of time how many I need to post.

Obama rewards big bundlers with jobs, commissions, stimulus money, government contracts, and more | iWatch News by The Center for Public Integrity

P.S. When you get some time read into the amount of waste and fraud that has been associated with the broadband programs.

That does not look like it has nothing to do with the stimulus money, it just looks like another position
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections