Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:46 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,742 times

Advertisements

I say you guys voted him in, let him serve his term. It'll teach you a lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Do your own research.

The average of all polls shows Walker winning comfortably. Which he will.
My point was that you have no idea what factors go into accurate polling--I'm not asking you to do my research. Since you decided to attack me for saying that I thought the race was going to be closer than the we speak america polling might suggest, I'm asking you to explain why you think "we speak america" is more accurate than PPP. It's a very simple question.

Bottom line--you cant tell me because you don't understand the differences, and I'm not sure you even understand that different polls use different methodologies. The best part is that instead of answering, you just start calling names again. I've raised five teenage boys, and I know a kid trying to turn a conversation because he's been "busted." You're not fooling anyone kiddo. When you disagree with someone you just start calling names, because you don't seem to understand the positions you're trying to defend.

Last edited by mb1547; 06-04-2012 at 09:52 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM

833 posts, read 1,715,126 times
I hope Walker wins .

It would show that a pompous ex-president's support and a dollar still gets you coffee in small towns.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Well, now it is just to see what poll was the closest, to get the most creditability.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,945,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Unless your a leftie....
Actually unless the polls are pointing in your direction.

Walker will win by wider margins than anyone can imagine. Union thugs have declared war upon the American people and tomorrow the American people get their chance to fire back.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:09 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,866,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wow, that is some seriously damning evidence against that POS Walker. I hope this is shown on every outlet available in Wisconsin.
Though not like the far right cares, they applaud corruption and crapping all over the constitution.
It is...
nevermind this whole thing was supposed to be about collective bargaining. When's the last time anybody uttered that phrase?
Oh wait, taking away that from public sector employees (something very prominent democrats have supported in the past) seems to have worked it's magic and is no longer the top issue. Middle class, average wage, blue-collar folks are seeing their ungodly taxes start to trickle down finally.... of course democrats have long abandoned the average person in this country.
The mud being thrown at this point is just a bunch of frantic desperate silliness... trying to find anything that will stick so that the millions spent on this wasteful and reckless recall effort can look legit.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well, now it is just to see what poll was the closest, to get the most creditability.
There are so many other factors--since this is an off cycle single issue election, no one knows for sure what the voter turn out will be, and that's probably going to be the single most important factor. People may support one side or the other, but if they don't turn up at the polls it doesn't matter. In the end it's going to be determined by who has the best ground game for getting out the vote. That's why I think it's going to be very tight.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,962,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
There are so many other factors--since this is an off cycle single issue election, no one knows for sure what the voter turn out will be, and that's probably going to be the single most important factor. People may support one side or the other, but if they don't turn up at the polls it doesn't matter. In the end it's going to be determined by who has the best ground game for getting out the vote. That's why I think it's going to be very tight.
If it's tight, which it won't be, the ONLY reason will be union/Democrat voter fraud.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If it's tight, which it won't be, the ONLY reason will be union/Democrat voter fraud.
If it's tight, which it won't be, the ONLY reason will be Koch/fascist/teabagger voter fraud.

Now you've got it right

Old 06-05-2012, 05:28 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If it's tight, which it won't be, the ONLY reason will be Koch/fascist/teabagger voter fraud.

Now you've got it right
Sorry, who is shipping people in by the bus load....it's NOT the republicans....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections