Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,352,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

That's the problem with so many of the less intelligent, tin foil hat wearing types.
For the people who are really aware of what is going on, we take tin foil hat labels as a compliment. However, we really feel sorry for the people who use the term in a derogatory way. Less intelligent types are the ones who believe everything they were taught in school and see on corporate news. I do not fall into that group as I question everything, unlike sheeple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,819,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I hate both Obama and Romney. I have never once endorsed either. I am staying home on election day. In other words, I agree with you.
If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, vote Gary Johnson. He is the next best thing on the ballot and he is on the ballot in all 50 states. I won't stake any bets on Johnson winning the Presidency, but the more votes he can get, the more exposure he gets, the more exposure the libertarian philosophy gets, and the more the idea of a 3rd party becomes viable to people. A lot of people won't vote for Johnson thinking he won't win, but if those people had actually voted anyway, I bet Johnson would break the 20% barrier. That's major progress. Please don't stay home on election day. People like you need to get out and vote to offset the idiot voters who vote based on how tall someone is or how nice someone's hair is.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,204,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
For the people who are really aware of what is going on, we take tin foil hat labels as a compliment. However, we really feel sorry for the people who use the term in a derogatory way. Less intelligent types are the ones who believe everything they were taught in school and see on corporate news. I do not fall into that group as I question everything, unlike sheeple.
No, the less intelligent types are the ones that get their opinions from the partisan blogosphere. The people who write that type of garbage aren't beholden to journalistic standards and they don't typically present two sides of a story. Without that corporate news, you'd have no clue of what was going on in the rest of the world.

The educated types go to school and learn how to write critical and research and challenge people's ideas. You can feel sad for who you want, but when it comes to morons on websites who act like they're doctors they deserve any derogatory comments they get.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,542,055 times
Quote:
Really? Wow, I didn't realize that you're a medical doctor. Where did you get your MD? Where did you do your residency? What's your specialty?

What's that? You didn't go to medical school? Oh, did you do a PhD in biology? You sound like a medical researcher. Oh, you didn't do a degree like that? Oh, you didn't go to college at all? Did you do well in high school? No particularly?

Unless doctors are all in on the conspiracy then I'd say that you're full of it. In hospitals, all medical staff have to get those immunizations.

You know those smart people who went to college to whom you'd go running if you were really sick. Yeah those guys. They say immunizations are safe. Why the heck would anyone listen to your tin foil hat opinions over theirs?

That's the problem with so many of the less intelligent, tin foil hat wearing types. They don't realize that things are how they are right now because we do certain things.

Conspiracy? Tin Foil Hats? Thank you! Thank you for bringing this subject up again. Please! make a Tin Foil hat for

President John. F. Kennedy....while you listen to him as he tried to warn about a "Monolithic and Ruthless Conspiracy" that was worldwide, he warned.

Kennedy Speech Conspiracy Secret Societies - YouTube

Old 06-10-2012, 09:00 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,352,735 times
Quote:
No, the less intelligent types are the ones that get their opinions from the partisan blogosphere. The people who write that type of garbage aren't beholden to journalistic standards and they don't typically present two sides of a story. Without that corporate news, you'd have no clue of what was going on in the rest of the world.

The educated types go to school and learn how to write critical and research and challenge people's ideas. You can feel sad for who you want, but when it comes to morons on websites who act like they're doctors they deserve any derogatory comments they get.
Ha Ha, that is so funny. The corporate news is a joke and it does not present both sides. It promotes what its corporate sponsors want. You still can not even see that the link I posted in my OP was from a non-partisan website.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,204,199 times
Some useless news site with articles that are mostly irrelevant and do little but pull at the heart strings for the overly emotional, intelligent people who no doubt pervade their readership. I'm sure they have great foreign offices.

Perhaps you can write them and ask if some wannabe journalist can talk about how screwed this country would be if everyone pretended to be a doctor and avoided any type of vaccination. Of course, a slew of them would be dead already or maimed from the likes of polio, smallpox, mumps, rubella, etc.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:07 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,254,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Vaccines have eradicated many crippling and deadly diseases. Would you like to see polio make a come back?

vaccines dont need to be pumped into our children at age 3 months either. nothing wrong with them getting vaccines at age 2 or beyond.

also, why bother with the HPV vaccine if your daughters are telling you they are not having sex. any reason at all to do the HPV vaccine at age 9?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:40 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,731,904 times
Quote:
Seriously? Nobody gets forced to get vaccinations as an adult. In terms of the flu vaccines, you know doctors make sure that they and the people they love get them. That means that vaccines are safe. You don't get the flu from a flu vaccine.

The extremely minor side effects of a flu vaccine greatly outweigh the risks.

Those poison pills you talk about

Damn, this country really needs so much more education.

Vaccines are encouraged for flu now, but under a govt assisted health care for all, might they in the future say do what we tell you or you pay 100%? I've had flu sometimes after taking flu shots so stopped getting them. No more flu. Coincidence?

Multiple vaccines are given babies before age 1, & US has high first year death rate. Some Drs blame these vaccines for causing autism, which leaves some areas of brain's abilities about like 1 year old. Coincidence or?

Pills: FDA said years ago kill 107,000 Americans a year die from pills when taken as directed. Many are temporarily or permanently disabled from pills. Some are fatal if abruptly discontinued. Long lists of side effects for many.
Usually approved without knowing long-term effects, like death.

Cancer treatments: Drs will say cut, burn & poison are only treatments, so people die because of not hearing of alternate treatments. 400 cancer cures are listed at Alternative Cancer Treatments (The Cancer Tutor Website) Cannabis oil is reported in recent anecdotes as curing cancer & other fatal illnesses.

It was in pharmacies until 1937, but Big Pharma found it effective for too many conditions, as they could make more money selling multiple pills to each person. Gary Johnson used cannabis 3 yrs (after falling 50', instead of accepting highly addictive opiates). He will try to re-legalize as president.
The freedom to try to stay alive & reduce or eliminate pain safely! And saving big money doing so!

Colds & Vitamin D3: I had a cold 1 or 2 times most winters, for 2 weeks. Then started taking 10,000 IUs of D3 daily. Now just get 1 or 2 mild symptoms that would last a few hours. Institute of Medicine (who tells the govt-corp alliance what they want to hear) says 4,000 IUs D3 is toxic.

I have about 20 medical problems and Drs. & Big Pharma don't seem to be very effective in helping. While the US spends the most on health care, we as a country have dropped to 50th place in life expectancy.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,727,827 times
Quote:
Really? Wow, I didn't realize that you're a medical doctor. Where did you get your MD? Where did you do your residency? What's your specialty?

What's that? You didn't go to medical school? Oh, did you do a PhD in biology? You sound like a medical researcher. Oh, you didn't do a degree like that? Oh, you didn't go to college at all? Did you do well in high school? No particularly?

Unless doctors are all in on the conspiracy then I'd say that you're full of it. In hospitals, all medical staff have to get those immunizations.

You know those smart people who went to college to whom you'd go running if you were really sick. Yeah those guys. They say immunizations are safe. Why the heck would anyone listen to your tin foil hat opinions over theirs?

That's the problem with so many of the less intelligent, tin foil hat wearing types. They don't realize that things are how they are right now because we do certain things.
Talk about EPIC FAIL.
It's the typical lefttard way: DEFLECT and BLAME SOMEONE ELSE.

Even morons know vaccines come from Big Pharma and doctors don't know any more about them than you or I.

And pssssssssssssttttttttttttt: No, doctors don't say they're safe. Not by a long shot. They're not going to open themselves to huge lawsuits by saying something stupid.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,965,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I could not get by the first reason because of the absolutely stupid and childish nature of the presentation. Absolutely incredible the stupidity that comes from the Right in their view of reality.

Misguided criticism of the President does NOT hide the fact that Romney can't sell himself. His campaign needs to be funded by an amount as large as the deficit that Bush built to make him palatable to the bigoted representation that is his party. He stinks big time and deceptive marketing is costly. His party gave us Bush. Enough said.

7 reasons which don't explain why Romney is better than Bush.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
why, for a second there i almost felt that you were trying to hypnotize us again.

misguided criticism of romney does not hide the fact that obama can't sell his loser policies, can't fix the economy, can't stop rising unemployment or illegal immigration, and won't end the wars-not to mention that american wealth is flat out disappearing. (as i posted today)

i see one of our war drones blew up in maryland today, so that's another 176 million down the rathole. (hope nobody was injured)

you don't need any more reasons to explain why ANYBODY would be better than obama.

enjoy president romney's first term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections