Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,017,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This failed Obama presidency has embarrassed this nation and everyone who supported his false claims of hope and change, this nation can't begin to recover from his failure until he's voted out of office in November of this year. Once this embarrassment loses this country will look back at his only term as a great learning experience on what not to do in the future. Democrats will be pushed back into the shadows where their horrible plans and ignorant ideas belong.
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

Obviously I do not agree with your fatuous fantasy; but if expressing such a view makes you feel better, enjoy the feeling while it lasts. Unfortunately I think you will be in a BIG disappointment later this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,731,904 times
[quote=noexcuseforignorance;24689870)

Perhaps you can write them and ask if some wannabe journalist can talk about how screwed this country would be if everyone pretended to be a doctor and avoided any type of vaccination. Of course, a slew of them would be dead already or maimed from the likes of polio, smallpox, mumps, rubella, etc.[/quote]

I don't remember ever being vaccinated for polio, so how did it mostly go away? Smallpox, mumps, rubella, are they still common? Did a single vaccination prevent these for life? Annual vaccinations would be much more profitable, wouldn't they. "New killer flu has arrived" in a govt-corp mag or newspaper leaves many confused as to if they should "buy" it.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,880,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

Obviously I do not agree with your fatuous fantasy; but if expressing such a view makes you feel better, enjoy the feeling while it lasts. Unfortunately I think you will be in a BIG disappointment later this year.
It's hardly wishful thinking when you want the lesser of 2 evils to win an election, I'm simply looking forward to limiting the amount of failure that we have to deal with on a daily basis. Obama and Romney are cut from the same cloth when it comes to being sleazy politicians but Obama's plans are far more destructive to average Americans than Romney's plans ever could be.

I look forward to November when we as a country remove this failed experiment from a position of control in our Federal government.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:51 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,731,904 times
Default Gary Johnson cares about 100% equally

So why would anyone not in the top 1% in income prefer Obama or Romney?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 AM

32,944 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Vaccines are NOT safe. STOP spreading Big Government propaganda. Naturalnews.com itself has countless horror stories about vaccines. Take as many vaccines all over your body as you like, but DON'T tell me what me or my family can do to our bodies.
vaccines are plenty safe

is there a SMALL poercentage of people that they dont help, or hurt (because of GENETICS)...yes a VERY SMALL percenetage.....less that 1/10 of a percent of the population

Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM

32,944 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I don't remember ever being vaccinated for polio, so how did it mostly go away? Smallpox, mumps, rubella, are they still common? Did a single vaccination prevent these for life? Annual vaccinations would be much more profitable, wouldn't they. "New killer flu has arrived" in a govt-corp mag or newspaper leaves many confused as to if they should "buy" it.
you were vaccinated..it has been required since the 50's

you do understand the "March of dimes" is based on polio, and the ending of polio

smallpox is NOT manditory, but was common through the early 70's

illnesses, including rubella, diphtheria, and whooping cough, which once killed thousands of infants annually are now prevented by vaccination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections