Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:43 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,453,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'll let you in on this little secret.
I'm going as a Romney delegate. Hahahahaha! The plan worked flawlessly and the establishment is totally clueless that we are not voting for Romney.

So....the way you bring 'honesty and integrity' back to gov't is to lie about who you are supporting in a delegate race so you can then 'flip-flop' and vote for another guy,who stands for 'honesty and integrity'......who will then want your support and vote...despite the completely dishonest way that you were able to deliver it??

To be honest I don't think Ron Paul would accept the nomination if he was only able to get it under the process some have outlined....I think HE has too much honesty and integrity to do so.

If Ron Paul is as popular as you have been saying Bentbow there should be no need to lie about who you support to be elected a delegate.

As for the 'clueless establishment' i'm sure at least a few monitor the DailyPaul where 'the plan' was heavily discussed,although panic set in Saturday night when people started posting names and cd districts and mods and posters started complaining that the participants in the delegate scam were being exposed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 06:54 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If he is a Romney delegate, then he is bound to vote for Romney.

I'm sure the RNC has a plan to deal with any shenangians the Paulbots try to pull in Tampa.

I have a question for the Paulbots - why do you think of yourselves as the "little people" and RNC as the "establishment" when you're the ones who want to circumvent the will of the voters...who, in Texas, voted for Romney over Paul by a 6-to-1 margin (not to mention in all the other states where Paulbots became Romney delegates)?

When we are all there, sitting in the Texas section, who is going to know who is who and how we are suppose to vote?

I don't have to vote for anyone if I choose.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
So....the way you bring 'honesty and integrity' back to gov't is to lie about who you are supporting in a delegate race so you can then 'flip-flop' and vote for another guy,who stands for 'honesty and integrity'......who will then want your support and vote...despite the completely dishonest way that you were able to deliver it??

To be honest I don't think Ron Paul would accept the nomination if he was only able to get it under the process some have outlined....I think HE has too much honesty and integrity to do so.

If Ron Paul is as popular as you have been saying Bentbow there should be no need to lie about who you support to be elected a delegate.

As for the 'clueless establishment' i'm sure at least a few monitor the DailyPaul where 'the plan' was heavily discussed,although panic set in Saturday night when people started posting names and cd districts and mods and posters started complaining that the participants in the delegate scam were being exposed

Cry me a river!

You should have put the beer down and removed your ass from the couch, and put in the effort to be a delegate.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Actually, Chairman Munisteri didn't make a big deal of it, but at about 4:30 of the video clip at the Texas Convention the question was made about Texas state rule 38 covering the binding of delegates to the National Convention on the "first ballot". The question was whether the rule would supercede the National GOP Rule 39 (stating that candidate are unbound). Munisteri conferred with Bill Crocker, RNC Committeeman and also chairman of the state rules of committee and then says, "no". Little bit of gasping going on after the "no". LOL!

Texas GOP Convention Chair admits the state cannot bind delegates to Romney - YouTube

Grassroots organizing. Be prepared!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The question to ask is: How did government get so big?

The answer is: Somebody suffers, and somebody benefits. More voters benefitted than suffered as the size of government grew.
many? No they haven't. A few have sure.

Explain to me how the people benefited when government regulated the Housing Industry and ruined the economy? Your big government said this "stimulation of the economy" would help the lower and middle class by helping them attain a house. Yet it turns out, the lower and middle class had their equity wiped out when the Housing industry collapsed. And as a result the youngest generation is the first to have a bleaker outlook than their parents.
Let me review because I want to make sure you get where I am coming from. The lower and middle classes had their equity wiped out. The bailouts for the FAILURES were paid for by those very same classes of people who can't afford to do so. Our childrens future isnt very good.
So I want to know, who benefited?
Quote:
Someone who did better when the government grew probably looks at you as being the stupid one, especially if you could have done the same.
Why would I care about the thought process of someone who knows nothing about me, as well as how well I am doing career wise?
You're replying to someone who turned down a government job because I don't want to wallow in the inefficient, non sensical red tape of government. I knew the system and wanted to work in a system that better rewards performance. I knew there was much better chance for me to be more successful elsewhere.

Quote:
Force and coercion don't enter into it.
of course it does. Pay taxes or government will take it from you with force and you may get jail time. Since when are others causes more important than mine? I cannot spend more of my time and money on my causes because you have forced me to pay into your causes.

Quote:
If a mechanic can make more money working on a government project than he can at a local garage, which job is he going to take? Once he has it, is he going to give it up arbitrarily because you believe you're getting picked on? I don't think so.
You missed the entire point. At what cost? Why does the mechanic get to make money off of me when I don't use that mechanic? I'm paying for him. The people at fault are the ones who believe government creates jobs. Government doesn't create jobs they create debt. We the people create jobs through our purchasing power. We spend it on what we want not what you THINK we need or want. Who are you to tell me what I deserve? It is not the duty of government to raise me from cradle to grave. On top of that they do a crappy job of it anyway so why rely on them?
Quote:
Would you give up a good Fed job if I moaned and hollered because I think I'm being forced into something? i don't think so.
This doesn't make sense. No ones asking the people to quit their jobs. Where did you pull that out of?

What is being asked is government quit expanding and creating jobs that are not the role of government and done much more efficiently in the private sector.

The question to ask is since an overwhelming majority of people do NOT work for government and can see with their own eyes how inefficient government is, why in the world would people think government should expand. So we can have more inefficiency?

When you rob from Peter to give to Paul you can always count on Pauls cooperation.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:09 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Ron Paul came up with the idea in the first place. He knew delegates elect the nominee not the popular vote. Those are the rules.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ron Paul came up with the idea in the first place. He knew delegates elect the nominee not the popular vote. Those are the rules.
Ron Paul came up with the idea to "lie and say you want to be a Romney delegate so you can actually get chosen then go vote for me"??Really??Got a link to that one??

Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Cry me a river!

You should have put the beer down and removed your ass from the couch, and put in the effort to be a delegate.
Well I wouldn't want the job if I had to lie to get it.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:43 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
bull: I do not, for one minute believe Paul woudl do something like that and we all know,except for the Paulbarers, that the popular vote does prevail in states that hold primaries.

Nita

Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Well I wouldn't want the job if I had to lie to get it.

Who lied? There were a whopping handful of Romney supporters there. Certainly not with enough fight in them, to fill his delegate count.

Romney was a minority in the crowd. He was to ashamed(or overwhelmed) to speak up. What a train wreck.

Since the state conventions started, no other candidate has any form of organization. NONE. Only the tea party and you see at the conventions who they support. It ain't Romney!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections