Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,443,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkingAgain View Post
I'll be drinking in celebration of Ron Paul's nomination in Tampa.
Any idea what your screenname will be then?lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,486,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That was a blast.
Talk about energy!

You could of powered the entire city of Ft. Worth off the energy pumping out of that place.
There is a big cowboy breakfast happening in the morning.
You could HAVE powered the entire city of Ft. Worth.....

Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The delegates are elected to represent the party platform. They are not "bound" to anything. What do think will happen to those delegates who vote for Ron Paul? A long jail term? A huge fine?

I have a question for big government bots - why do you think you can use force and coercion to try and run my life from cradle to grave even though I have not stopped anyone from exercising their rights? Why should I have to suffer because of others stupidity?
Great Perspective!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I can't say I really agree with this. Overall I think we have all suffered as govt gobbles more and more. Making it harder to maintain rights and a standard of living. Since the govt has pretty much got control of most things I think it has been more about go along to get along than benefit.

True many would love a cushy govt job, but this same mentality that is robbing the economy is the one going after the govt worker pension funds and indebting everyone. So those thinking they will be looked after may very well be mistaken. However, there are valid points to how people have been enticed.
Anyone that takes a government job...especially a cushy one... is part of the problem. I get ticked off about local towns giving their employees cost of living wage increases when tons of people are out of work! The NERVE they have taking taxpayer money to do that! No government worker local, state or federal should be making more than $50k per year! Retirement should be less than half if even that--- with no cost of living increases.

Maybe if it was impossible to get rich via government jobs including elected positions, people would serve for the right reasons for a change!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,948,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Anyone that takes a government job...especially a cushy one... is part of the problem. I get ticked off about local towns giving their employees cost of living wage increases when tons of people are out of work! The NERVE they have taking taxpayer money to do that! No government worker local, state or federal should be making more than $50k per year! Retirement should be less than half if even that--- with no cost of living increases.

Maybe if it was impossible to get rich via government jobs including elected positions, people would serve for the right reasons for a change!
Well from what I have seen we don't have a shortage issue really just a distribution one. The govts seem to have plenty of money. Though the fact that it is basically all debt based is seriously twisted.

I have no issue with someone making a good living, however, killing the private sector so badly the last 10 yrs especially while govt grows and grows is very imbalanced.

Ironically, you get all these people going oh yeah cushy govt jobs lets get one. Then well hey how about everyone have one? Well we can't do that.

Let's get govt to do it.
Um, didn't work out too well for the soviet union did it? (lol)

Old 06-13-2012, 01:48 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,101,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Ron Paul came up with the idea to "lie and say you want to be a Romney delegate so you can actually get chosen then go vote for me"??Really??Got a link to that one??
If that were true it would be his first and only accomplishment in all of the years he's been a Congressman.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 PM

37,973 posts, read 17,930,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Ron Paul came up with the idea to "lie and say you want to be a Romney delegate so you can actually get chosen then go vote for me"??Really??Got a link to that one??
No, Ron Paul is responsible for his actions only not what others do.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 PM

37,973 posts, read 17,930,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
bull: I do not, for one minute believe Paul woudl do something like that and we all know,except for the Paulbarers, that the popular vote does prevail in states that hold primaries.

Nita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I had heard a memo went out to that effect, but wasn't sure that it came from Paul. Do you have any information that the idea was generated by Paul? And can you cite the legal rules that delegates can, covertly, apply to represent a candidate that they have no intention to vote for? I must be honest and say I don't believe that is a fair way to win an election.
A couple of people have not understood what I said so I guess I didn't explain it correctly or I didnt look at a post I answered close enough.

Ron Paul said that the delegates elect the nominee. Nothing more than that, nothing to do with having people lie about who they represent.

There is a memo or info going around, an organized effort encouraging people to misrepresent who they will vote for? I hadn't heard of that. I guessed some individuals would try that but haven't heard it was an organized effort.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,948,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A couple of people have not understood what I said so I guess I didn't explain it correctly or I didnt look at a post I answered close enough.

Ron Paul said that the delegates elect the nominee. Nothing more than that, nothing to do with having people lie about who they represent.

There is a memo or info going around, an organized effort encouraging people to misrepresent who they will vote for? I hadn't heard of that. I guessed some individuals would try that but haven't heard it was an organized effort.
I got what you meant about the grass roots delegates and PCs. Didn't interpret it the way some others did.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,443,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I got what you meant about the grass roots delegates and PCs. Didn't interpret it the way some others did.
Well i guess you didn't look at the post he was responding to closely enough either which was my post #22 which he partially quoted.Since he clarified his position I have no issue with what he said either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections