Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,858,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Wow. That's a mighty high price for just being able to say neener neener neener. That kind of thinking is usually left behind on the school ground, so I guess you haven't graduated out of the 7th grade yet.

If you believe California going bankrupt will not affect you, me, and all the rest of us deeply, and in ways you are not going to like at all, you're sadly mistaken.
Such a failure would not only drive the US into a real and long-lasting depression, it would affect the rest of the world. This kind of thinking is immature, simplistic and dangerously wrong-headed.
Oh please. I agree it's a high price, but like I said, the CA voter just doesn't realize it. And "neener neener"? Don't be ridiculous. It's the CA voter's own fault that they would allow me to say it. Let me guess, you're so sensitive that you think the voter shouldn't be called on it? Get a thicker skin.

And where did I say a bankrupt CA wouldn't affect me and the rest of the world? Hell, I KNOW it will. But the typical CA voter doesn't. Don't try to convince me of that, you're barking up the wrong tree.

So, do some good and have a pow-wow with your lefty family/friends/neigbors/co-workers and tell them to vote their wallet and not their party.

Now, when CA does collapse, I WILL BE HERE to shake my finger all these CA voters and say 'I TOLD YOU SO!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wow... As if you can't be a reasonable person and not just say you hope that they figure out how to fix their problems without massive unemployment. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Real classy there, though.
Seems to me you're a bit out of touch with just how long CA has been sinking. One can only "hope they figure out how to fix their problems." HA! I've given up on the CA voter to actually vote for the betterment of the state. They don't, and they won't.... long history of that. Proves to me the CA voter has their head up their butt.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,727,827 times
Where's this guy when CA needs him?

Sponsor of Prop 13 Howard Jarvis at the airport - YouTube

Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Oh please. I agree it's a high price, but like I said, the CA voter just doesn't realize it. And "neener neener"? Don't be ridiculous. It's the CA voter's own fault that they would allow me to say it. Let me guess, you're so sensitive that you think the voter shouldn't be called on it? Get a thicker skin.

And where did I say a bankrupt CA wouldn't affect me and the rest of the world? Hell, I KNOW it will. But the typical CA voter doesn't. Don't try to convince me of that, you're barking up the wrong tree.

So, do some good and have a pow-wow with your lefty family/friends/neigbors/co-workers and tell them to vote their wallet and not their party.

Now, when CA does collapse, I WILL BE HERE to shake my finger all these CA voters and say 'I TOLD YOU SO!'
Oh, please.
This is real childish for a grown woman. If you want to change the typical California voter's mind, why don't you do something other than be a nagging scold?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:06 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,183,094 times
Quote:
Seems to me you're a bit out of touch with just how long CA has been sinking. One can only "hope they figure out how to fix their problems." HA! I've given up on the CA voter to actually vote for the betterment of the state. They don't, and they won't.... long history of that. Proves to me the CA voter has their head up their butt.
Not at all, I'm well aware that California has major problems. How does that make is okay to wish for California to collapse and for millions of people to become unemployed, with severe repercussions nationally? You can discuss California's problems without being a total douche wishing millions, who didn't create the mess btw, would face loss of jobs, homes, etc just so you can personally gloat. It's disgusting.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Not at all, I'm well aware that California has major problems. How does that make is okay to wish for California to collapse and for millions of people to become unemployed, with severe repercussions nationally? You can discuss California's problems without being a total douche wishing millions, who didn't create the mess btw, would face loss of jobs, homes, etc just so you can personally gloat. It's disgusting.

My, my, but you take it so personal. Why so easily offended? Who's gloating? When CA collapses, I'll be part of it. And it isn't ok to wish for a collapse, but I'm well passed wishing for it... I'm waiting for it. Hoping for the CA voter to vote out the current legislature is futile. So the voter IS part of the problem, they helped to create this mess. Hell, they voted in Brown AGAIN, and continually vote to keep in the current legislature year after year, after year, and still don't get what the problem is yet still wait for it to change. What do they call that? Oh yes, INSANITY! So, it's time to let them continue to have their way and just let it happen. It'll be their own fault.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:36 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,183,094 times
Quote:
My, my, but you take it so personal. Why so easily offended? Who's gloating? When CA collapses, I'll be part of it. And it isn't ok to wish for a collapse, but I'm well passed wishing for it... I'm waiting for it. Hoping for the CA voter to vote out the current legislature is futile. So the voter IS part of the problem, they helped to create this mess. Hell, they voted in Brown AGAIN, and continually vote to keep in the current legislature year after year, after year, and still don't get what the problem is yet still wait for it to change. What do they call that? Oh yes, INSANITY! So, it's time to let them continue to have their way and just let it happen. It'll be their own fault.
It's nice how you're all backtracking on what you said earlier. I don't take it personally. I don't have to take it personally to find what you said highly offensive as a rational person.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
It's nice how you're all backtracking on what you said earlier. I don't take it personally. I don't have to take it personally to find what you said highly offensive as a rational person.
I backtracked? Where? Why is it offensive? It's the truth. If you find the truth offensive, then you'll have to look somewhere else for the sugarcoating of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections