Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

If Ron Paul, by a huge stretch of the imagination, wins Tampa and gets the GOP nomination, you know what I see happening? The GOP establishment crying foul of how the election was stolen and that Ron Paul violated the people's wishes. That will not go down well, and if they really wanted to get back at Paul, Romney would probably run as an Independent and steal Paul's votes away, with Obama walking out of the smoldering pile of horse manure victor. Ron Paul is NOT going to win, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If Ron Paul, by a huge stretch of the imagination, wins Tampa and gets the GOP nomination, you know what I see happening? The GOP establishment crying foul of how the election was stolen and that Ron Paul violated the people's wishes. That will not go down well, and if they really wanted to get back at Paul, Romney would probably run as an Independent and steal Paul's votes away, with Obama walking out of the smoldering pile of horse manure victor. Ron Paul is NOT going to win, period.
Ron Paul is surging.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,058 times
Quote:
Of course we all know in such a scenario that Ron Paul would get 90% of the vote and Obama and Romney would split the remaining 10%. You know, unless every single media outlet and Board of Elections conspires together to change it. Why would anyone not vote for Libertyâ„¢?

Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Of course we all know in such a scenario that Ron Paul would get 90% of the vote and Obama and Romney would split the remaining 10%. You know, unless every single media outlet and Board of Elections conspires together to change it. Why would anyone not vote for Libertyâ„¢?
Lol good post. But, seriously, not everything is a conspiracy or some kind of "hidden plan" like what Paul's hard supporters claim. Rand is looking out for Rand, and Ron supports his son's decision. The Pauls are not God, they aren't infallible, they are every bit as human as the rest of us.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Rand, or Ron its doent matter... the movement liberty is taking over the GOP and soon enough we will hold are the keys to the power within the process of elections

Old 06-11-2012, 11:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
you are right about one thing: Paul isn't going to win, he isn't going to get the nomination and Romney would not run as an independent. I don't buy the theory, the Republicans are pulling tricks to keep Ron from getting the nomination and I do not think anyone who claims they were at the Texas convention, are going to Tampa as Romney delegates but will vote for Paul on the first ballot are being honest with us or themselves. this whole thing is getting to be one big joke...

Nita

Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
And why not, when his supposed supporters go from...
Quote:
Wow, François Hollande, is that you?

Romney should at least name his opponent when he makes accusations like that, Ron Paul. But, of course, he doesn't exist, he's a figment of everyone's imagination
... to this...
Quote:
I agree. Paul is a politician, he's not God's messenger or anything. That by itself preventedme from enthusiastically embracing Ron Paul, plus a few positions I never agreed with him on. Politicians will always be politicians. I think they did this because they might have been more spoilers than winners, ensuring an Obama victory. Read my post above, I think Rand got himself a Cabinet position with Romney or a future in 2016
... in a matter of days.

The establishment can count on them, EVERY TIME.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And why not, when his supposed supporters go from...

... to this...

... in a matter of days.

The establishment can count on them, EVERY TIME.
Yeah so? I'm not a Paulbot, all I said in my posts was give Ron Paul a chance instead of writing him off so quick, but Rand endorsing Romney was the eye-opener for me that Ron Paul doesn't have a prayer in winning. If that makes me a Paulbot, what does that make all you Obama supporters who keep spamming topics and the forum with Obama is going to win it's futile, despite mounting evidence that Obama might not win? Same with Walker, all those threads you all of you were sooo sure that Walker was going to be recalled

Old 06-11-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah so? I'm not a Paulbot, all I said in my posts was give Ron Paul a chance instead of writing him off so quick, but Rand endorsing Romney was the eye-opener for me that Ron Paul doesn't have a prayer in winning. If that makes me a Paulbot, what does that make all you Obama supporters who keep spamming topics and the forum with Obama is going to win it's futile, despite mounting evidence that Obama might not win? Same with Walker, all those threads you all of you were sooo sure that Walker was going to be recalled
Why? Or, did you just learn somehow over last two weeks that Ron Paul was not good enough to run (before he could crawl)? Remember what I've been saying all along for months now... Ron Paul... the useful idiot.

And largely because of the people who support him. The establishment knows it very well. Score another win for them. You didn't see it coming? I did.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:14 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Why is this even a thread. Mitch McConnell has his hand up Rand's back end same as every other Republican in the Senate. Just because his dad is a libertarian doesn't mean he is. For so called "independent minded" libertarians, you'd think that would occur to them by now but they're as bad with dynasties as the Republicans are with the Bushes where last name trumps accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections