Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,920 times

Advertisements

This is a must-watch for the Ron Paul supporters who are harboring bitter feelings towards Rand for endorsing Romney:

Why Rand Was Right to Endorse Romney - YouTube

I agree with Jack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
He had no choice if he ever expects to be president himself one day. That's sad but that's the way it is.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He had no choice if he ever expects to be president himself one day. That's sad but that's the way it is.
I'll rephrase your sentence and say that WE had no choice but to let him endorse Romney if we ever want Rand to be president one day. No Ron Paul supporter I know is going to vote for Romney because of this endorsement - like literally ZERO, so it's not like we are giving away our votes to Romney because of this. At the same time, we have kind of covered our asses for 2016 so that the other candidates don't repeatedly slam Rand in the debates saying that he never endorsed Romney back then, and that helped elect Obama. Even if Obama wins now, Rand is safe. Otherwise, we will never hear the end of it from the neocons "argghh how dare you helped elect Obbbaammmaaaa...".

Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I'll rephrase your sentence and say that WE had no choice but to let him endorse Romney if we ever want Rand to be president one day. No Ron Paul supporter I know is going to vote for Romney because of this endorsement - like literally ZERO, so it's not like we are giving away our votes to Romney because of this. At the same time, we have kind of covered our asses for 2016 so that the other candidates don't repeatedly slam Rand in the debates saying that he never endorsed Romney back then, and that helped elect Obama. Even if Obama wins now, Rand is safe. Otherwise, we will never hear the end of it from the neocons "argghh how dare you helped elect Obbbaammmaaaa...".

Well i'll give you,[and some other Paul loyalists],credit for looking at the 'big picture' and 'long term strategy' aspects involved.Its the only chance there is to get many of the changes you want within the party.I'm not sure how many of your fellow travelers are going to go along though,patience and strategy aren't as much fun as going to rallys and screaming and I think when Ron retires this year a lot of the movement will get bored and find other things to do.A lot of them are so mad about Rands Romney endorsement that they are never going to back him for anything ever again.

I'll support Rand,but his views are more in tune with mine than Rons anyway so i'm admittedly not a good example.It seems like half the gang on the DailyPaul are seeing him as the enemy. goodluck

Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:

Newsflash, I know several Ron Paul supporters who are voting for Mitt Romney. Fortunately, the Ron Paul supporters on this site do not represent all of his supporters.

Also, Rand Paul is not Ron Paul. He might not be what some of you wish for as a Ron Paul replacement. He also has a long way to go before he is ready to run for president. He will be lucky to get re-elected to his senate seat.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
I can see why Rand did it. He votes differently than Ron anyway. That is why I asked if he was endorsing the R candidate, which is how I took it. Doesn't mean I would vote for Romney or BO.

Politically, I think the only hope for the R party is continued grass roots of the liberty movement as delegates and precinct captains etc... Boots on the ground infiltration and saturation at the very local levels.

I can't really see somebody like Rand really making his way up the ranks and remaining a "real" supporter of the constitution. So I don't really look for that to happen.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Newsflash, I know several Ron Paul supporters who are voting for Mitt Romney. Fortunately, the Ron Paul supporters on this site do not represent all of his supporters.

Also, Rand Paul is not Ron Paul. He might not be what some of you wish for as a Ron Paul replacement. He also has a long way to go before he is ready to run for president. He will be lucky to get re-elected to his senate seat.
The RP supporters you know represent the minority, or what we call "soft support". We never include them in our strategies and calculations anyway. Now don't go telling me that you know more RP supporters than I do. :-p None of them are voting for Romney, trust me. You can always find an exception, but it is what it is - an exception, not the norm.

Rand is not Ron, I'll give you that. But I'll take him over warmonger Romney any day. Did the Romney campaign tell you go forth, stir the waters and see if you get to catch any fish, in this situation?

Nice try.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Then your friends were never real Paul supporters to begin with. A real Paul supporter would rather vote for a porta-potty filled with diarrhea than Willard.

Quote:
Rand is a tea party hack unlike his father, and appears to be just brown nosing Willard perhaps for a long shot VP bid consideration.

Though in the end I think selling out your own father like that is about as disrespectful as it gets.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I'm going to vote for Romney. It doesn't matter, because there's several other offices running including Senator Bob Casey Jr. (D) which I want him unseated. So, for me, it's not only about Romney especially since I live in a swing state when it comes to Senators. I don't associate myself with the cult of personality surrounding Ron Paul.

Tempes, there's a difference in being a Paul supporter and a Paulbot. Paulbots have formed a cult of personality around Ron Paul, unlike Paul supporters. Ron even admitted he won't have enough delegates to win Tampa http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...o-beat-romney/

Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,104 times
yep exactly no ron paul supporter would ever vote for romney anyway. we would rather not vote, write ron paul in or vote third party.
but it still hits you in the gut that rand supports romney the flip flopper.

the one that made obama care
the one that supports ndaa
the one that supports sopa/pipa
the one that supports killing of americans
the one that supports the bail outs and inflation policies.
the one that wants to go to war NOW.
the one that does everything obama would have done

yep thats romney the obama clone.

ps: anyone that could not see that republicans throwing the election to obama is an idiot.
it is so intentional + obvious it would take a person with the brain size of an quark not to see it.

(those that dont know what a quark: it is what makes up an electron, look up quantum physics.)

this goes especially to dixiegirl whom supports romney.
She has to know by now republicans are intentionally trying very hard to lose to obama.
and she should know romney is obama anyway. I dont know why she will not admit this already.

anyway real supporters wont ever vote for lesser of 2 evils. If you do then you were never a real ron paul supporter anyway.
PS: it is not ron paul that we support, it is the representation the constitution that we support, ron paul or not.

we just choose not to participate in evil.
you evil supporters can knock your socks off.

anyway whatever rand chooses his choice but lots of respect lost though in my book.

i wish they would just make a new 3rd party though like what thomas jefferson did to break away from the federalist party and form his own democratic-republican party.

the problem was always media blackout of the 3rd parties though from the powers that be shutting them out. then the sheeple of society have no choice but to choose their hand picked masters and actually be happy about their votes. kinda pathetic that it's so obvious and so many dont even see it.

Last edited by gen811; 06-11-2012 at 03:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections