Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,441,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The way I see it Holder has only 5 months before he's job hunting anyway. If he quit tomorrow, who would take a job like that for just a few months. The confirmation process alone would eat up most of the time.

Romney better not make the same mistake Bush did. The minute he takes the oath of office his first act should not be Obamacare but to ask the attorneys in the DOJ to hand in their resignations.
The courts have Obamacare. Romney doesn't have to do anything. While Romney will owe me nothing I hope his first move is to fire Bernanke.

I hold little hope based upon the past that a justice dept under Romney will be any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 02:17 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,968,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's really easy to look stuff up before posting stuff you are not up on.
Yeah, keep wasting space.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,504,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Republicans didn't create an illegal gun running program across the US/Mexico border which lead to the death of a US border patrol officer then tried to cover it up and hide documents about it while lying about knowing it ever existed.

Democrats did.
Eric Holder did.
Obama's corrupt administration did.

Thank You, spoken as a true Champ. Dems don't need any help in them sinking mighty lowwwwwwwwwwww! They do this all by their lonesome.

My friends son was over when we were watching Eric Holder being evasive, he is only 13 yrds old.

Looked at me and his Mom, and said, oh my gosh, the guy is guilty, just look at him, and how he is not answering the questions. He was 13, and could see right thru him. To bad others cannot.

And so it seems, the poor guy that was killed, was hardly even mentioned by this CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION. Corrupt!

No one is ever 100% certain, unless they were there to witness. But i tell ya, Holder sure acts the part of someone with guilt. Never have i trusted him, or anyone in this administration? He knows much more then he is letting on.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,444 times
it is about time they did something about his ass hole
he thinks he is above the law, well now we will see what kind of congress we have
and for anyone to think the the gun running he headed up and now is lying about as well as not wanting
to find out who is leaking classified info, is not serious things, I do not know what to say!
Holder is not fit to serve
I think this is going to be bigger than water gate, I remember how nixon tried to cover up and we all see how that turned out
obama has over played it this time and all to try and make him look tough

Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,504,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
it is about time they did something about his ass hole
he thinks he is above the law, well now we will see what kind of congress we have
and for anyone to think the the gun running he headed up and now is lying about as well as not wanting
to find out who is leaking classified info, is not serious things, I do not know what to say!
Holder is not fit to serve
I think this is going to be bigger than water gate, I remember how nixon tried to cover up and we all see how that turned out
obama has over played it this time and all to try and make him look tough
And do you see when he is giving his evasive answers, he is so smug and arrogant.

This President and this administration, think they are all above the law!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And do you see when he is giving his evasive answers, he is so smug and arrogant.

This President and this administration, think they are all above the law!
As did the last.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,075,540 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GtS_VeoVUeU

Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,202,497 times
Contempt of Congress is crime punishable by fines and jail time. While no one expects Holder to face jail time, it would make him a criminal, which is not befitting the Attorney General of the United States of America, who is charged with enforcing the laws of the country.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As did the last.
Republican or Democrat, lover or hater of the last adminstration, I find it almost impossible to think anyone could acutally believe what this guy appears to have done is not grounds for dismissal if not jail. if nothing else, yes, he is going to be held for contemp of congress.....

Old 06-12-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Republican or Democrat, lover or hater of the last adminstration, I find it almost impossible to think anyone could acutally believe what this guy appears to have done is not grounds for dismissal if not jail. if nothing else, yes, he is going to be held for contemp of congress.....
I don't disagree. Is it wrong to point out where the government has decided it is above the law depending on what party it is?

Bush thought he could just throw American citizens in jail and leave them there. When the country does not demand that the laws be followed things only get worse.

So now we have went from throwing them in jail with no due process to killing citizens with no due process. This was a very bipartisan decision also. Where was the outrage?

Now Holder without a doubt should be charged but what we have is an acceptance that the justice dept can jail and kill people at will, they just can't lie about what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections