Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:44 AM

46,449 posts, read 27,325,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
In other breaking news, Alabama and its electoral votes are predicted to go to Romney!

Who cares if he jumps ship? Good riddance to him and his poor performing, lowly educated, last in per capita income, back water of a state. ALABAMA!
WOW, look at the hate...it's amazing that when someone is one of their's, they are hunky dori, but when they leave, they are scum...useless..people....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,006,698 times
From Wiki:
Quote:
Artur Genestre Davis (born October 9, 1967) is a former Democratic Party member of the United States House of Representatives for Alabama's 7th congressional district, serving from 2003 to 2011. Davis was a candidate for Alabama's Democratic Gubernatorial Primary, 2010, but lost the Democratic primary to Ron Sparks. In December 2011, he left the Democratic party to become an independent, and he confirmed in May 2012 that he was considering running for Congress as a Republican[1]. In 2012 he became a visiting fellow at the Harvard Institute of Politics.
In 2007 he became the first Congressman outside Illinois to endorse Sen. Barack Obama for president in 2008.
Davis twice voted against Democratic-supported health care reform legislation, first in November 2009,[12] and again in March 2010 when the legislation passed and was signed into law by President Obama.[13] He was the only member of the Congressional Black Caucus to vote against the legislation in March 2010;[13] he was also the member from the most-heavily Democratically-leaning district to vote against the legislation.[14]
Apart from a DINO, he's an opportunist.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,111,574 times
I'm sure that he'll be giving the Zell Miller speech at this year's convention.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's talk about how many Republican representatives and X reps are voting for and/or endorsing Obama?
OK.

Quote:
Can ya give us a few names?
Nope.

I can tell you that I voted GOP for decades. I'm voting for Obama. My vote counts as much as any of the other line-jumpers. My bet is that the total votes of all those ex-dems won't turn the election to Romney.

But if you're really interested in names, I'd bet you could google it and satisfy your curiosity. Try it.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,006,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's talk about how many Republican representatives and X reps are voting for and/or endorsing Obama? Can ya give us a few names?
Ok.

Moderate Conservative Nathan Fletcher Leaves the Republican Party in San Diego | The Moderate Voice

Florida Police Leave The Republican Party In Mass Exodus

Latino GOP Leader Leaves Republican Party After Herman Cain Advocates Death of Latin Immigrants and RNC Failure to Lead in Moderating Anti-Latino Rhetoric | Somos Republicans

Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM

26,735 posts, read 15,291,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
From Wiki:
Apart from a DINO, he's an opportunist.
"In 2007 he became the first Congressman outside Illinois to endorse Sen. Barack Obama for president in 2008."

Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,202,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW, look at the hate...it's amazing that when someone is one of their's, they are hunky dori, but when they leave, they are scum...useless..people....
Five people, fifty people or 500 people switching doesn't make a difference. It's not a trend. People flip flop back and forth during every election. No one called anyone scum but Alabama does rank last or next to last in a plethora (a lot) of categories. Most of the red states do. But to most of the people who keep on trucking (voting republican), they are content with the way things are. Republicans hate poor people. They do not have your best interest at heart. When will people suffering in red states realize this.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
OK.

Nope.

I can tell you that I voted GOP for decades. I'm voting for Obama. My vote counts as much as any of the other line-jumpers. My bet is that the total votes of all those ex-dems won't turn the election to Romney.

But if you're really interested in names, I'd bet you could google it and satisfy your curiosity. Try it.
did anyone say, the ex-dem are so many they will make or break the election? Of course not, do you think your jumping ship, for whatever reason is going to make or break the outcome? Of course not, but the point seems to be, apparently more top Democrats are bailing than top Republicans.

Nita

Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
ok, at least you were able to provide names, that is more than some others on this board...I will say, I have my doubts about the claim Fl Police leave in Mass Exodus.The article gave no solid proof and is very biased. I am sure you will agree with that....The only name so far that I can see is ANathan Fletcher.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:08 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,492,728 times
Artur Davis is a good guy. He had a fairly centrist voting record when he was in Congress. I'm a Republican, but I (and many of my fellows) respect Davis - to the point that had he won the Democratic nomination for Governor IMO there would have been a significant crossover vote for him for Governor. What I really like about Davis is that he is honest - unlike many of his former associates in the corrupt Alabama Democratic Party.

Davis now lives in northern Virginia and may run for Congress (VA-11 - Fairfax - currently held by Dem Gerry Connolly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections