Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:12 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
And so does his waistline.
Another leftist babbling incoherent post....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Only 50%!!! Let us know when it hits 75% then you can brag.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:10 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,764 times
I think this is pretty impressive considering how blue NJ is. I think, as more and more states, counties and cities continue to get bankrupted by the intransigent public unions, the taxpayers will start to look to the governors to take them on, and bring the governments back to fiscal solvency. It's important to eviscerate the unions by going for the jugular - which is not actually collective bargaining rights, but forced collection of union dues from hapless workers. I disagree with Christie on some issues like foreign policy, but fully support his fight with the unions.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I think this is pretty impressive considering how blue NJ is. I think, as more and more states, counties and cities continue to get bankrupted by the intransigent public unions, the taxpayers will start to look to the governors to take them on, and bring the governments back to fiscal solvency. It's important to eviscerate the unions by going for the jugular - which is not actually collective bargaining rights, but forced collection of union dues from hapless workers. I disagree with Christie on some issues like foreign policy, but fully support his fight with the unions.
Collective Bargaining is a vital part of Union corruption too. CB is used to set up monopolies for the union owned health insurance provider. At which point the Union overcharges school districts by hundreds of thousands to over a million dollars per year per school district.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
And so does his waistline.
That was an unkind and rude comment to make.

Since I only live a couple of miles from New Jersey, find myself in the Garden State at least once a week, and get the NJ cable TV stations, I see that Christie can be a charming, intelligent, and a politically-savvy politician. Nothing wrong with that. I would caution Republicans that many would consider him a "RHINO" however ... some of his positions are rather liberal.

Although he vetoed the NJ legislator's passage of same-sex marriage (most Jerseyans regard that as a token move to appease the national GOP, as he might have higher political ambitions), Christie has been trying to please the LGBT voters in his state by supporting other civil rights measures and has even nominated an openly gay man to be the first gay person on the NJ State Supreme Court.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
That was an unkind and rude comment to make.

Since I only live a couple of miles from New Jersey, find myself in the Garden State at least once a week, and get the NJ cable TV stations, I see that Christie can be a charming, intelligent, and a politically-savvy politician. Nothing wrong with that. I would caution Republicans that many would consider him a "RHINO" however ... some of his positions are rather liberal.

Although he vetoed the NJ legislator's passage of same-sex marriage (most Jerseyans regard that as a token move to appease the national GOP, as he might have higher political ambitions), Christie has been trying to please the LGBT voters in his state by supporting other civil rights measures and has even nominated an openly gay man to be the first gay person on the NJ State Supreme Court.
You know, it could just be shrewd as hell. Christy seems to be the most appealing GOP candidate around these days, at least to independents. I bet he will keep inhaling cheese steaks right up until 2015, then drop 100 lbs, and he will get the Jenny Craig vote.

My dear wife thinks that a governor of New Jersey is likely a bit too "street smart" to get the bible belt vote though. She thinks he is more likely to know how to brew up a speedball and throw a party with the secret service than to host a prayer breakfast.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:20 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Who cares?

You must be kidding. Republican leadership works? 8 horrific years this country struggled through under Bush. Republican leadership...my God man.

What Christie does is meaningless in comparison to the fine job that this President is doing running this country. Republican "leadership" stinks...and don't you forget it either.

Also, pencil in NJ in the pro-Obama column this November. You got that?

Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
You must be kidding. Republican leadership works? 8 horrific years this country struggled through under Bush. Republican leadership...my God man.

What Christie does is meaningless in comparison to the fine job that this President is doing running this country. Republican "leadership" stinks...and don't you forget it either.

Your posts always are rich with humor they seldom keep me from laughing

Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Haha, absolutes.....gotta love the left.....

It was absolute, about Wisconsin also.....

You got that!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Noticed this unfinished sentence re Obama...

."..the fine job that this President is doing running this country."

It should read 'the fine job that this President is doing running this country..... into the ground, in record time.

Obama embraced JC during the election and biden said JC was the first person he and Obama turned to to find an economic solution.

the Dems controlled the both houses and the governorship and decided not to tax the 'rich' then blamed CC.

CC is NJ's best hope to break the Dem controlled kaos which is NJ. Dem control of Newark since the 40s has resulted in creatiing a disater out of one of the jewels in NJ's crown of former great cities. A 100 mill $$ gift to Newark edu has resulted in several hundred thousand dollars spent on a study and a 2nd study to interpret the 1st study.

CC is hopefully only the beginning of revolutionaries to occupy the governor's office. Now if he could dump the NJEA control of edu and mainstream conscripted financial support for Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections