Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM

9,634 posts, read 6,057,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am amazed at your conclusion Trace. So surprising!

Anyhow, I think Christie is a pretty special guy. A lot of charisma. The opposite of Mittens. If he is chosen for VP, it could be like the Kerry/Edwards ticket. Tall, boring dude and short feisty round guy. I do hope he is better than Edwards though....
^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 06:35 PM

46,449 posts, read 27,325,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Grammar wars are dumb, but you where implying that my post, the post he was alluding to in the post you quoted, was littered with misspellings.

Anyway, Christie does have an impressive record and approval with the people of New Jersey.
The only thing I said about your post was that is was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
Another leftist babbling incoherent post....
I never said anything about your post pertaining to misspelling...

Old 06-13-2012, 09:54 PM

688 posts, read 654,496 times
Make Christie a healthy guy and his ratings would fall. Right now he's a charming chubster with an opinion; if he loses 70 pounds, he's a smug a-hole who thinks he knows everything.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Read more on Newsmax.com: New Jersey Approval of Christie Hits All-Time High

Not surprising. Republican leadership works; Democrat leadership doesn't.
He ate his detractors

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 06-14-2012 at 12:06 AM..

Old 06-14-2012, 04:21 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He ate his detractors
I thought the left side was supposed to be open, all accepting and not judgemental and the right side were bigots. From some of the statements here, it appears we have the sides wrong....

Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought the left side was supposed to be open, all accepting and not judgemental and the right side were bigots. From some of the statements here, it appears we have the sides wrong....
You'll hear jokes about candidates from both sides. People are people.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
You'll hear jokes about candidates from both sides. People are people.
of course you will, but I have head a lot more from the left, in the past dozen years than the right and there are some things that should be off limits, especially on the net or in public. It is in poor taste, if nothing else and very much like back in JR High or younger. What you say, in private among friends is one thing, what you say to the world is quite another. I don't care which side says it.

Nita

Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course you will, but I have head a lot more from the left, in the past dozen years than the right and there are some things that should be off limits, especially on the net or in public. It is in poor taste, if nothing else and very much like back in JR High or younger. What you say, in private among friends is one thing, what you say to the world is quite another. I don't care which side says it.

Nita
I think you notice it more when the left does it because you are from the right. It's worse when the "enemy" does the same thing. You haven't said anything about Ron Paul supporters that was in poor taste have you?
It's always about policy.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:00 PM

18,542 posts, read 15,378,384 times
Back in April, a Quinnipiac University poll showed his approval rating at 59%, which, in NJ is even higher than most democratic governors. Here is a LINK

Old 06-16-2012, 07:05 PM

18,542 posts, read 15,378,384 times
Quote:
I think you notice it more when the left does it because you are from the right. It's worse when the "enemy" does the same thing. You haven't said anything about Ron Paul supporters that was in poor taste have you?
It's always about policy.
I think you notice it more because there is more hypocrisy when it comes from someone on the left. The same way it is worse when a conservative is caught doing something sexually "deviant", for example. People dislike hypocrisy more than the act itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections