Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:04 AM
 
8,754 posts, read 10,109,096 times
Reputation: 1434

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's approval ratings have dipped to their lowest level since January on deep economic worries, wiping out most of his lead in the White House race over Republican rival Mitt Romney, a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed on Tuesday.

The percentage of Americans who approve of Obama's job performance dropped from 50 a month ago to 47, matching his mark in early January. The number who think the country is on the wrong track rose 6 percentage points in a month to 63 percent.

The doubts about Obama's leadership helped Romney pull to within 1 point of the Democratic president in the White House race - 45 percent to 44 percent - among registered voters with less than five months to go before the November 6 election. Obama led by 7 points a month ago.


Obama's ratings sink on economic doubts - chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:08 AM
 
7,530 posts, read 11,498,656 times
Reputation: 4066
Did you even read the article his rating did not even drop that much at all the real thing is election day the early polls do not mean jack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 AM
 
8,754 posts, read 10,109,096 times
Reputation: 1434
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Did you even read the article his rating did not even drop that much at all the real thing is election day the early polls do not mean jack

I think you are the one that better 'read' the article. Obama led in this same poll by 7 just a month ago and his approval rating is the lowest it has been since January. He trending downward with only about 5 months left until the election. You all are running out of time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 AM
 
7,530 posts, read 11,498,656 times
Reputation: 4066
Polls do not mean jack polls for walker barrett were neck & neck the out come was kinda one sided this shows how polls do mean anything. In real reality Obama is winning that is what matters people do not want to vote for someone is will only help the rich. Dixie I know your a big time Romney troll if you can prove me wrong post cold hard facts how Romney will help everyone. I want to see if you can be the first Romney troll to post facts. I am not talk about views from like Rush or Faux Snooze real solid facts. I am most certainly sure you can not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 AM
 
26,091 posts, read 14,742,085 times
Reputation: 14301
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Polls do not mean jack polls for walker barrett were neck & neck the out come was kinda one sided this shows how polls do mean anything. In real reality Obama is winning that is what matters people do not want to vote for someone is will only help the rich. Dixie I know your a big time Romney troll if you can prove me wrong post cold hard facts how Romney will help everyone. I want to see if you can be the first Romney troll to post facts. I am not talk about views from like Rush or Faux Snooze real solid facts. I am most certainly sure you can not
Tool? Check.

Lack of Facts himself? Check.

Smug? Check.

Insulting? Check.

Hopelessly Partisan to the point where he can't be taken seriously? Check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,230 posts, read 17,766,419 times
Reputation: 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Tool? Check.

Lack of Facts himself? Check.

Smug? Check.

Insulting? Check.

Hopelessly Partisan to the point where he can't be taken seriously? Check.
I agree. Obama favorability fell from 50 yesterday to 49 today. Certainly a precipitous drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 AM
 
26,091 posts, read 14,742,085 times
Reputation: 14301
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree. Obama favorability fell from 50 yesterday to 49 today. Certainly a precipitous drop.
RCP average of 48.1 isn't horrible, but isn't good. I think you would agree to that. Even Bush had a much better average at this point.


P.S. Where did you get your 50 to 49 drop from? Just making up stuff? It says it dropped down to 47.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 AM
 
46,143 posts, read 26,805,648 times
Reputation: 11044
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Polls do not mean jack polls for walker barrett were neck & neck the out come was kinda one sided this shows how polls do mean anything. In real reality Obama is winning that is what matters people do not want to vote for someone is will only help the rich. Dixie I know your a big time Romney troll if you can prove me wrong post cold hard facts how Romney will help everyone. I want to see if you can be the first Romney troll to post facts. I am not talk about views from like Rush or Faux Snooze real solid facts. I am most certainly sure you can not
So, the next time a leftie, as you, posts a poll, I want to see you saying the eexact same thing about them.

Also, go talk to Buzzard, he is also a leftie and will tell you that you are wrong on your Walker Barrett poll....trust me he told me for days I was wrong about what you said is correct.

So, I'll be waiting for the next leftist to post a poll and I should see you in there, right? I'll be waiting....

ETA:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt...,6263690.story

Woopsss even his home state....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,230 posts, read 17,766,419 times
Reputation: 4585
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
RCP average of 48.1 isn't horrible, but isn't good. I think you would agree to that. Even Bush had a much better average at this point.


P.S. Where did you get your 50 to 49 drop from? Just making up stuff? It says it dropped down to 47.
Gallup, not that it matters. Nov will matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 AM
 
26,091 posts, read 14,742,085 times
Reputation: 14301
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gallup, not that it matters. Nov will matter.
So Dixie posts an article using a Reuters Poll and how Obama has dropped 3 points in approval down to 47% while the economic fears grow. Then you respond with a completely different poll...where he is at 49%....doesn't make much sense, but okay.

Bottom line, Obama is struggling. His performance as president is not viewed well by most Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top