Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,860,904 times

Advertisements

Because his voter base doesn't care how good or bad of a job he's doing, all they care about is keeping him in office for another term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
Default Why do Obama's poll numbers remain so high with all the bad news?

Because polls are designed to lead the sheep to the cliff and as we have seen, it works Obahhhhhhma

Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Because polls are designed to lead the sheep to the cliff and as we have seen, it works Obahhhhhhma
Political polls are designed to give a snapshot, based on carefully-calibrated and researched calculations, of opinion on a particular issue or candidate and are given with a mathematical margin of error. That's a poll. It's designed to capture public opinion in a statistically acceptable manner. It serves no other purpose.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,127,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
There was only one reason why people voted for him the first time around, Obama that is.

This time people want a candiate that don't make empty promises, and is not so arrogant, and ignorant to the facts, that people do really uphold a person to their promises.

And is voted on this person's trustworthniess, their devotion to be true and honest to the American People, and by all means, not promising all of us something he could never deliver. And to treat all Americans as an equal, and no special favors shall be granted, based on the color of one's skin, or a race.

Got news for you, so many whome voted for Obama first time around, NOT SO EXCITED THIS TIME AROUND?

Still waiting u see for all this Hope n' Change, which by the way was garbage, as is what he is feeding the people this time around.
Well obviously since Romney isn't beating Obama with any type of sizable lead, much of what you said is a moot point. Perhaps your jibber jabber will prove true in the future, but it's a bit premature jibber jabber.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 PM

56 posts, read 45,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering about that and do get a bit heartened when i see that Romney leads Obama from 4 to 5% at Rasmussen. Somebody is right and somebody is not right. Since so many polls show less than the media does I think I will ride with Rasmussen.

Why are President Obama
Republicans should stay with their poll. I wouldn't want them to miss what they are paying for, that sense of serenity and peace, that sure feeling.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Bascailly it a long ways to elction and obama's numbers are dropping quickly.Even then elctions since mid term seem to indicate polls maybe less accurate then normal.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Political polls are designed to give a snapshot, based on carefully-calibrated and researched calculations, of opinion on a particular issue or candidate and are given with a mathematical margin of error. That's a poll. It's designed to capture public opinion in a statistically acceptable manner. It serves no other purpose.
I agree they are calibrated

Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,183,405 times
Because most Americans still don't understand this system doesn't work.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,848 times
Quote:
I keep wondering about that and do get a bit heartened when i see that Romney leads Obama from 4 to 5% at Rasmussen. Somebody is right and somebody is not right. Since so many polls show less than the media does I think I will ride with Rasmussen.

Why are President Obama
Biased media, mindless drones

Only explanation

Old 06-14-2012, 05:04 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,547 times
Quote:

Why are President Obama

it has to do with the lack of intelligence of obama supports...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections