Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:10 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Is this always going to be the trump card everytime someone calls out Obama on his campaign promises? I don't think anyone expected everything to fully recover in 4 years or less, but people did expect some improvement nonetheless.

And not to defend the Tea party or Republicans, but the Demos controlled Congress and the Executive branch for 2.5 years. They could have passed almost anything at a whim, but I think it speaks volumes when people in your own party don't even agree with you. The Dems needed what? 60 votes in the Senate to pass new bills? They couldn't even get that done, because their own Senate members didn't agree with Obama's proposals.

Voting for him this time imo is sort of gambling on 4 more years of the same politically gridlocked, deadwood do nothing ideas.

As for polls, it really depends on which ones you choose to follow and the most popular ones seem to fluctuate every month. I think Gallop at one time this year even had Romney as the slight favorite between the two. Either way, I think it'll come down to the debates. I think when people see the two of them duke it out in a debate a few times is when you'll finally get some real numbers on this.

I can agree with what you have stated and I guess this is the reason why the Healthcare Reform Bill was passed. I think if he had known what he had to deal with further down the line as far opposition of the republicans leaders I'm pretty sure he would have taken advantage of the controll that he had in Congress at the time. It just upsets me that he tried to play "fair" and they kicked sand in his face and he still has not learned that they play for keeps.

I just hope during the debates that he exposes many of the lies and half truths that mitt has been saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 08:17 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You have just proved that you don't look at Rasmussen polls very often. Romney has been either a point or two behind or nearly tied for a long time now but all of a sudden he comes out ahead by 4 or 5 and you start whining about Rasmussen. Do you get what you know about them from Media Matters or Think Progress?
Actually, I do watch polls, enuf to know Rasm has a right leaning bias of about 5%. I didn't say they had Mittens 5% ahead of obama. I said they consistently have mittens about 5% better than most other polls. Nice try trying to recast what did say though.

Are you denying Rasm sampling methodology includes a higher percentage of R's and a lower percentage of D's than other polling concerns? Really?

Last edited by buzzards27; 06-15-2012 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Add name recognition to that.

Unfortunately, Americans are basically dumber than a box of rocks. I'll bet if someone like Leno took to the streets asking people to name the person running on the Dem ticket, everybody would know. But if he asked who is running on the Repub ticket, I'll bet at least half of them wouldn't have a clue.

For an incumbant to be basically tied with a nominee doesn't bode well for the incumbant.

But you just made a legit response to your own statement most "Americans are dumber than a box of rocks" this is why many people believe the nonsense that many of the republican say regarding social and economic issues. If you bombard the average joe with lies constantly and because they do not look at other sources contrary to what they already believe, the lies will become true.

A perfect example is mitt recently ssaid that the government does not create jobs and during that same speech he said that once he is president he will make sure that the keystone pipeline is completed and create thousands of jobs even if he has to build it himself. Which one is it mitt, either the government can create jobs or they can't? He also neglected to mention that the pipeline is sending gas through America's heartland to ports in Texas to be shipped overseas

Old 06-15-2012, 08:22 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,355,363 times
Quote:
I keep wondering about that and do get a bit heartened when i see that Romney leads Obama from 4 to 5% at Rasmussen. Somebody is right and somebody is not right. Since so many polls show less than the media does I think I will ride with Rasmussen.

Why are President Obama
People know that the Republicons caused the economy to tank and he's been trying to fix their disaster ever since.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I see the gas prices, the food prices.. better.????. you have got to be blind to think it is better. I got sticker shock again when I went to the supermarket yesterday.
Prices will never be the same as they were 10-20 years ago so why even mention it? Gas has dropped some but that has to do with gobal trade as well as food and other products. do you expect if mitt gets in that will change consider that he is for pro-millionaires whose goal is to make more money

Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
I keep wondering about that and do get a bit heartened when i see that Romney leads Obama from 4 to 5% at Rasmussen. Somebody is right and somebody is not right. Since so many polls show less than the media does I think I will ride with Rasmussen.

Why are President Obama
Maybe it's because people don't buy all the "bad news" stories coming from the Romeny campaing.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But you just made a legit response to your own statement most "Americans are dumber than a box of rocks" this is why many people believe the nonsense that many of the republican say regarding social and economic issues. If you bombard the average joe with lies constantly and because they do not look at other sources contrary to what they already believe, the lies will become true.

A perfect example is mitt recently ssaid that the government does not create jobs and during that same speech he said that once he is president he will make sure that the keystone pipeline is completed and create thousands of jobs even if he has to build it himself. Which one is it mitt, either the government can create jobs or they can't? He also neglected to mention that the pipeline is sending gas through America's heartland to ports in Texas to be shipped overseas
There are jobs created by taxpayer money and jobs that aren't. I disagree with any taxpayer money that might go to Keystone but one needs to understand the difference.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Actually, I do watch polls, enuf to know Rasm has a right leaning bias of about 5%. I didn't say they had Mittens 5% ahead of obama. I said they consistently have mittens about 5% better than most other polls. Nice try trying to recast what did say though.

Are you denying Rasm sampling methodology includes a higher percentage of R's and a lower percentage of D's than other polling concerns? Really?
I have only been called by Rasmussen one time so I don't know about those percentages you talk about. However, I have often seen them report numbers that I immediately said they must have called mostly Democrat households to get those numbers. That has happened enough times for me to think that they just pick telephone numbers at random and then report what they heard.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,667,820 times
Wisconsin should have shown don't believe in polls

Old 06-15-2012, 10:07 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
People know that the Republicons caused the economy to tank and he's been trying to fix their disaster ever since.
People know all those things because Obama has continued to blame everybody but himself for all those problems. Could you explain how those nasty Republicans caused that tanking of the economy instead of just blaming them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections