Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 04:30 PM

7,555 posts, read 11,635,930 times

Advertisements

Stimulus price tag: $2.8 trillion - Dec. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 04:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Yes, we know.. Signed by Obama. How does this equate to only a 1.4% increase?

You are now posting data to prove your own image is a lie.. Well done

Old 06-16-2012, 04:39 PM

7,555 posts, read 11,635,930 times
Did even click that click I bet not read the article first before making these so ridiculous claim I know you eat & sleep Faux Snooze & Rush. If you truly like Romney so much like you claim I want a good article where it lists how he will lower the debt. Obama has a dam good plan to fix the economy & lower the debt. Romney = a used car sales man

Old 06-16-2012, 04:50 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
Obama has a dam good plan to fix the economy & lower the debt. Romney = a used car sales man
Then what/where the heck is it? Are you telling everyone that there is a plan, is obama holding this plan for the better of everyone?

Please, in your own words, tell us what you think his plan will do?

Old 06-16-2012, 04:51 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,816,430 times
Quote:
GOP has never ever done this before have you heard them say our mission is to make this president a one term president and just over 6 months before election they say are year is over and we are not doing anything else. I think this is first time any party has ever done this before they might have done this on much smaller levels before but not enough to try to make a president a one term president.
Yep. Grover Norquist's quote about shrinking the government so that he could drown it in the bathtub was a good sound bit, but that is the GOP model these days. They have not desire to actually govern competently. Look at the azzwipe political appointees that Bush had editing the reporst of senior scientists. If it weren't for whistleblower rules, they would have gotten away with it too. They have not interest in competence and professional pride in government service. However, they want to use the leverage of government to stack the deck towards their corporate overlords. It is a perpetual power grab, pure and simple.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Did even click that click I bet not read the article first before making these so ridiculous claim I know you eat & sleep Faux Snooze & Rush. If you truly like Romney so much like you claim I want a good article where it lists how he will lower the debt.
More babbling nonsense.. Again I ask

How do you go from $3T a year in spending to $3.8T a year, and only end up with a 1.4% yearly increase.

Come on, show us you know what the hell you're talking about and you can post somethng other than left wing talking points.
Quote:
Obama has a dam good plan to fix the economy & lower the debt. Romney = a used car sales man
What the hell are you talking about? The debt went from $10T, to $15T, and deficits have almost tripled.

Come on, no one is that stupid here..

Old 06-16-2012, 05:01 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,777,590 times
The biggest hole in your theory about this clip is that it isn't really Newt admitting much of anything outright. About 80% of the video is Al Sharpton trying his best to browbeat Newt into answering the question using exactly the words that Al Sharpton wants Newt to use.

I can't say I'm a fan of Newt. It's kinda fun seeing him get pushed around a little -- though he didn't seem bothered by it of course. But I think your hearing what you want to hear.

Underlying thing in my mind: Obama has spend many trillions of dollars (borrowed from China) trying to jump-start the economy. If you dig deeper you quickly realize that while some of the moves he made were quite successful in a very limited part of the economy, for the most part he seems to have succeeded more at slowing down recovery than speeding it up. His tax plan has been essentially all about George W Bush: "Do we keep the Bush tax cuts or do we let them expire." His programs to bring outsourced jobs back to the USA have been non-existent. (This could have been huge actually.) The percentage of Americans who actually have jobs has steadily and rapidly decreased in every year of his presidency. He's held the line on keeping high corporate tax rates in place, all while keeping the federal buddy system of corporate exemptions in place. General Electric still doesn't pay taxes, for example. Why is that? Well, NBC the parent network of MSNBC is 49% owned by GE. We wouldn't want the owner of "Democrat television and sometimes reports the news" to pay taxes, right?

We got ripped off by Mr Obama. I'll give him credit for trying, but he failed spectacularly. How do you spend $3 trillion on economic recovery and end up with the lowest Labor Participation Rate in 30 years??? It's still dropping at an alarming rate too. The 2008 election was not about universal health care or immunity for illegal immigrants. It was all about the economy, gas prices, the housing market, etc. Forget about Romney just for a moment and please tell me: How can I in good conscience vote for Obama again??

Old 06-16-2012, 05:24 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,968,788 times
Why do you say this stuff. There was at least one bill back in 2010. You mean it was a bad bill or what? Being blocked by republicans is a "failure"?
GOP blocks Democrats’ jobs outsourcing bill | The Raw Story

I believe there is a newer bill designed to reward corporations for keeping jobs here (also blocked) but I don't have specifics on it at the moment.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Why do you say this stuff. There was at least one bill back in 2010. You mean it was a bad bill or what?

I believe there is a newer bill designed to reward corporations for keeping jobs here (also blocked) but I don't have specifics on it at the moment.
The only way you can reward corporations for keeping jobs here is to cut their taxes, something you and Obama both oppose. Why dont you get specifics rather than just posting talking points showing you dont know what the hell you're talking about. Hell that link says you're raising their taxes, how exactly does raising taxes entice people to not outsource even more?

Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,777,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Why do you say this stuff. There was at least one bill back in 2010. You mean it was a bad bill or what? Being blocked by republicans is a "failure"?

2010 you say? You mean it was within the two year window when the Dems had total control? Gee, why wasn't that made a bigger priority than universal health care?? Mind you, I largely agree with the principal of universal health care. I just think it's a stupid idea when there are bigger problems to confront and you don't have a robust economy that can actually carry the weight of such a program. Obama picked his battle and chose to slam through Obamacare. It was extremely unpopular and Obama burned up a ton of political capital on that when he could have been fixing our outsourcing problems.

From the beginning, Obama struck me as being half-assed about outsourcing. Better than McCain was going to be. McCain was against doing anything about it saying that the free market would heal everything. It's a big part of why I voted for Obama in the first place. The lifeblood of the US economy is the middle class and we've been shipping that middle class overseas for decades. The Unites States economy is bleeding to death in a very big way.

My idea:
Start with 5% corporate tax. Add +15% if your company's labor force, materials and supplies are 20% or more coming from outside the USA. (Specifically, you tax any company in the world based on their profits selling their goods in the USA, foreign sales you leave alone entirely.) Add 15% if the highest paid worker at your company makes more than 100 times the salary of your lowest paid worker. (This is the general idea, I'd make it multi-leveled rewarding companies accordingly but this is the general concept. There's a lot more to it of course.) Obviously it'd take a ton of fine tuning but you get the idea. Reward companies who do right by the American people. Those that do not get to pay even higher corporate tax rates. Some big companies will stubbornly stick with their status quo. Good for them, the US Treasury needs the revenue. Meanwhile, all revenue you lose to the pro-USA, pro-worker businesses in corporate taxes is more than made up for by income taxes from the new jobs they create.

I can't tell you how easy that was to dream up. Why couldn't the Democrats come up with something like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections