Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,376,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Paul does disproportionately well with voters aged 18-34 not the cherry picked 18-25. good job on posting something that is entirely not true.

Actually your post is not entirely true. Or even mostly true. If you think the popular vote decides and not the delegates then you are uninformed.
At the end of the day, what counts is how the delegate votes.
Hahaha - well, that's nice of you to try to point out inconsistencies by being inconsistent.

Here's the deal with Ron Paul: He does disproportionately well with the young, naive, and inexperienced voters - specifically those who are in college, and believe they already know everything.

The older the voters, the less likely they are to vote for Ron Paul. That's probably experience and wisdom speaking.

Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM

92 posts, read 56,859 times
I am not a young naive voter. This election will actually be my 3rd I am voting in and the 5th one I can remember pulling for someone...I know exactly why I am voting for Dr Paul come November...I am not voting by party but for a man I believe in and could return America to greatness.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,376,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomAndLiberty View Post
I am not a young naive voter. This election will actually be my 3rd I am voting in and the 5th one I can remember pulling for someone...I know exactly why I am voting for Dr Paul come November...I am not voting by party but for a man I believe in and could return America to greatness.
That's fine, but you should just as well admit that you're voting for Obama.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Hahaha - well, that's nice of you to try to point out inconsistencies by being inconsistent.
You made that up. How was I being inconsistent? Can't wait to hear the spin on this.

Quote:
Here's the deal with Ron Paul: He does disproportionately well with the young, naive, and inexperienced voters - specifically those who are in college, and believe they already know everything.
Really 22-34 yr olds are in college? You made this up too. The majority of college students historically believe in big government. Ron Paul changed their thinking.
College students can see thru the b*llsh*t of big government policies. College students are smart enough to know that their generation is the first to have a bleaker outlook than their parents. They can look at the parents of lower and middle class families that have had their equity wiped out and understand that big government doesn't work.

Quote:
The older the voters, the less likely they are to vote for Ron Paul. That's probably experience and wisdom speaking.
Since when does anyone equate wisdom with total failure? If they had wisdom why would they be against the person who told us to expect an economic collapse because of the manipulation of the Housing Industry and the exact reasons why. If they had wisdom why would they be against someone who told us our foreign policy of intervention and occupation would make us less safe. The Dept of Defense and the CIAs Bin Laden Unit reports backed him up.

Quote:
Think about it.
I did, you haven't obviously. If you had, you would have known that big government policies are failures. You would have known to not listen to the ones in Congress when they said they could "fix" the economy. Government has been the cause of every boom and bust cycle since 1913 and the busts are always worse than the booms.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM

92 posts, read 56,859 times
Quote:
That's fine, but you should just as well admit that you're voting for Obama.
I am voting for Ron Paul. I would vote Obama before I voted Romney either way but I will vote for Ron Paul. I will do the same in 2016 if my candidate is not on the ballot.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,983 times
Quote:

Think about it.
Without actual stats to back this up. Not much point. I know plenty of RP supporters who are anything, but young.

Certainly, there are pros and cons to being older and younger. Just cause you aged doesn't make you wiser. I know plenty of peeps that are far from young that seem to have barely changed little since their "youth".

Not sure how this relates at all to the topic of Iowa delegates.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,514,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why is he still campaigning? I think you need to realize, he is campaigning against Obama not Paul. What would you expect him to do, sit on his you know what for another few months? Of course he is campaigning..If anyone isn't campaigning right now it is Paul.
I should re-state that as why are Romney's minions in the caucus states trying so hard to railroad the delegates and then whining like little babies every time they LOSE to Ron Paul. If the nomination is so "wrapped up" why should his campaign care? Are they afraid Tampa won't be a love-fest for Mittens? If so, they would be correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections