Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,395,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
My follow up question to Gurbie is: Is it not racist to ignore facts so that you can continue to play the race card?
Oh Christ... Are you serious?

The Fox News/ Ari Fleischer slander story of mass damage and theft by the outgoing Clinton's and their staff has been DEBUNKED by GSA investigations. The Clintons DID NOT steal the WH silverware!

The incoming GWB team conflated minor pranks (like the theft of "w" keys from keypads) into alledged major damage, just to discredit the outgoing Clinton Admin. Here is just one site that covers the unravelling of that ridiculous rumor. There are numerous others:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...cMNyTieFlu_xOw

I stand by my assertion: Marx's remark was a dog whistle, intended to evoke antibellum myths of black servents committing thefts, to tickle the funny bones of his troglodyte audience... Romney's "base".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 AM

26,583 posts, read 15,149,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Oh Christ... Are you serious?

The Fox News/ Ari Fleischer slander story of mass damage and theft by the outgoing Clinton's and their staff has been DEBUNKED by GSA investigations. The Clintons DID NOT steal the WH silverware!

The incoming GWB team conflated minor pranks (like the theft of "w" keys from keypads) into alledged major damage, just to discredit the outgoing Clinton Admin. Here is just one site that covers the unravelling of that ridiculous rumor. There are numerous others:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...cMNyTieFlu_xOw

I stand by my assertion: Marx's remark was a dog whistle, intended to evoke antibellum myths of black servents committing thefts, to tickle the funny bones of his troglodyte audience... Romney's "base".
LOL

You ignored the comment until you could google a liberal spin: technically they stole very little silverware, and the initial report was silverware! You may as well argue what the definition of is, is.

Clintons Return White House Furniture - ABC News

ABC NEWS:

"Former President Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, have sent $28,000 worth of household goods back to Washington after questions arose over whether the items were intended as personal gifts or donations to the White House."

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount. "

Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,395,350 times
Quote:
LOL

You ignored the comment until you could google a liberal spin: technically they stole very little silverware, and the initial report was silverware! You may as well argue what the definition of is, is.

Clintons Return White House Furniture - ABC News

ABC NEWS:

"Former President Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, have sent $28,000 worth of household goods back to Washington after questions arose over whether the items were intended as personal gifts or donations to the White House."

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount. "
LOL right back atcha! TELL ME you haven't been sitting by your computer for three days, waiting for me to reply?

Some of us have CHORES, ya know.

Late edit: Reading through the 2006 ABC News story, it's obvious the Clinton's disputed the allegations, but Hillary was running for the NY Senate at the time, and wanted to get the situation behind her.

I stand by my assertion.

Last edited by Gurbie; 06-19-2012 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Add info

Old 06-19-2012, 08:26 AM

26,583 posts, read 15,149,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LOL right back atcha! TELL ME you haven't been sitting by your computer for three days, waiting for me to reply?

Some of us have CHORES, ya know.
True or False: Bill Clinton was accused of improperly taking numerous items to the tune of $190,000 from the White House.

True or False: Bill Clinton paid for some of it, returned part of it, and kept part of it without payment.

True or False: It is 'possible' that someone would make a joke about the next Democrat president, no matter who it is, 'stealing' items from the White House, because of the Bill Clinton incident.

Answer honestly, no lies, no spin, simple one word answers.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,945,719 times
Quote:
True or False: Bill Clinton was accused of improperly taking numerous items to the tune of $190,000 from the White House.

True or False: Bill Clinton paid for some of it, returned part of it, and kept part of it without payment.

True or False: It is 'possible' that someone would make a joke about the next Democrat president, no matter who it is, 'stealing' items from the White House, because of the Bill Clinton incident.

Answer honestly, no lies, no spin, simple one word answers.
Missed the point again, eh...
Here's a clue - it's not about stealing items from the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections