Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama has flip flopped more than any other politician in America the past 5 years - Democrats don't even attempt to explain it -- why should Republicans of Romney then?

Obama was for dirty coal, then for clean coal, then for coal, then against coal, then....

Obama was for gay marriage, then against it, then kinda for it, then against it, now he is for it again....

Obama was against the surge in Iraq, then he was for it.

etc
This thread is about Romney's flipflopping. Stick to the subject and answer the OP's question if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 01:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Democrats rarely call him out for flip flopping so he is able to ignore it. Obama has broken so many promises and has limited direct press questioning time more than any president post WWII so he doesn't face these questions.

Do you honestly think that Obama was evolving on gay marriage? He was for it, then he evolved against it, then he almost revolved for it again, but then rerevevolved back against it then finally rererevolved for it?

What about his position on coal that was oscillating back and forth more than a fan?

Keep letting him get away with broken promises and flip flops, be believing in the fairy tale that he evolves his positions. A sucker is born every minute.
I have yet to see you call out Romney for his flip flops. So why the double standard?

Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
Quote:
More people hold Republicans accountable for flip flopping and the Santorum crowd frets that Mitt is too moderate so they will call him out on it.

I want you to answer for some of your own hypocrisies here.

#1 It is okay for Obama to put Detroit through bankruptcy, which he did -- but it is wrong for Romney to say he would?

#2 So you are admitting that it is admirable to change your position based on your constituency and/or political expediency?

Obama was for Gay Marriage as an Illinois State Legislator out of a Liberal District.

Obama instantly changed his position to be against Gay marriage when he ran as a US Senator and had to appeal to the entire state.

Then Obama put out feelers and only flip flopped back to his original position when political expediency said it would help him out.

Flip flopping for political expediency is admirable you say? Then you can stop being a hypocrite and start ignoring Romney's flip flops. Romney was governor of liberal Massachusetts, then had to appeal to the Santorum-conservative types. That is no different than what Obama did with Gay Marriage.
#1. See, here is where the differences lie. As POTUS, you have to walk a very fine line on issues that will affect millions of households. So, it's not about who was for or against the bailout. That's not the point. It's about having the tact and sensitivity to show the American people affected by this that you understand what they are going through. Going on TV and saying "Let Detroit go Bankrupt" was stupid. It shows no compassion for the people living in Michigan. And then having the audacity to take credit for something you were originally against is another slap in the face.

#2. Romney changed his position on abortion. I think that is equal to Obama changing his on gay marriage. I don't consider these flops.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
Quote:
More people hold Republicans accountable for flip flopping and the Santorum crowd frets that Mitt is too moderate so they will call him out on it.

I want you to answer for some of your own hypocrisies here.

#1 It is okay for Obama to put Detroit through bankruptcy, which he did -- but it is wrong for Romney to say he would?

#2 So you are admitting that it is admirable to change your position based on your constituency and/or political expediency?

Obama was for Gay Marriage as an Illinois State Legislator out of a Liberal District.

Obama instantly changed his position to be against Gay marriage when he ran as a US Senator and had to appeal to the entire state.

Then Obama put out feelers and only flip flopped back to his original position when political expediency said it would help him out.

Flip flopping for political expediency is admirable you say? Then you can stop being a hypocrite and start ignoring Romney's flip flops. Romney was governor of liberal Massachusetts, then had to appeal to the Santorum-conservative types. That is no different than what Obama did with Gay Marriage.
You never answered my question if you would have said "Let Detroit go Bankrupt," if you were POTUS.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
#1. See, here is where the differences lie. As POTUS, you have to walk a very fine line on issues that will affect millions of households. So, it's not about who was for or against the bailout. That's not the point. It's about having the tact and sensitivity to show the American people affected by this that you understand what they are going through. Going on TV and saying "Let Detroit go Bankrupt" was stupid. It shows no compassion for the people living in Michigan. And then having the audacity to take credit for something you were originally against is another slap in the face.

#2. Romney changed his position on abortion. I think that is equal to Obama changing his on gay marriage. I don't consider these flops.
#1 So you are saying that you want to be lied to? Or are you saying that it is okay to take a snippet out of a long piece and harp on that out of context so that most people don't even realize that Obama DID put Detroit through bankruptcy.

#2 Are you being intellectually honest that it is not flip flopping for Obama to be FOR gay marriage when he is a state congressman representing a liberal area, THEN AGAINST gay marriage the second he runs for a statewide position, THEN BACK TO WHERE HE STARTED the second it was politically expedient?

Old 06-18-2012, 01:54 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
This thread is about Romney's flipflopping. Stick to the subject and answer the OP's question if you can.
I take it that you can't handle the fact that Obama is a big flip flopper and has flip flopped more since the 2008 campaign began than anyone including Romney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have yet to see you call out Romney for his flip flops. So why the double standard?
I only call out Obama for flip flopping when I see hypocrites whining about why not to vote for Romney because of flip flops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're spewing what you have been spoon fed.
You can't blame the President for deficits when the Congress denies his plans.

And go line by line? Reduce earmarks? Give the President line veto, and then you might have a point. We aren't that stupid, are we?
Sorry, but Obama had the congress and had the ability to at least TRY to fulfill these promises. You may find Obama spellbinding, but he is factually a flip flopper that broke a lot of promises.

A) Cut the annual deficit in half by the end of his first term
B) End no bid government contracts for anything above $25K
C) Expand NASA
D) Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels
E) Go line by line with a fine tooth comb to cut waste from the budget
F) Be the most transparent president ever
G) Give the public time to read and debate all non-emergency bills before they are voted on
H) Allow no lobbyists in the White House

Old 06-18-2012, 02:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Not true. He said if bin laden was in Pakistan we would go get him.
Bin Laden isnt the sum total of our international policies.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're spewing what you have been spoon fed.
You can't blame the President for deficits when the Congress denies his plans.

And go line by line? Reduce earmarks? Give the President line veto, and then you might have a point. We aren't that stupid, are we?
Speaking of spoon fed,

Tell me why you dont hold the President responsible for his own proposals?

Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
You never answered my question if you would have said "Let Detroit go Bankrupt," if you were POTUS.
Yes, because the result would have been exactly the same as what we got, well except for one thing, they wouldnt owe the tax payers tens of billions of dollars still..

Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
I've stated that I think Mitt is a good person who is out of touch with reality and the issues facing everyday Americans. His flip flopping scares a lot of voters away. I personally think it's for political purposes. Republicans, who is the real Mitt Romney?

100% Proof Mitt Romney Flip Flops Like A Fish On Dry Land - YouTube
I have an answer to your question.

Mitt Romney is a typical politician. Just like George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and John McCain. They all smooth talk and make promises to get elected, and then they break their promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections