U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM

8,387 posts, read 8,735,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I've stated that I think Mitt is a good person who is out of touch with reality and the issues facing everyday Americans. His flip flopping scares a lot of voters away. I personally think it's for political purposes. Republicans, who is the real Mitt Romney?

...does that count?

From my perspective, it's clear that Romney has been a "businessman" much longer than he's been a politician. In politics, one is expected to take a stand on the issues and be able to justify his position.

In business, one is expected to say or do whatever it takes to close the deal.

Romney wants the presidency because it would look good on his reume. He has outlined no vision for the country's future. He simply says what his handlers tell him to say. His underlings make all the decisions for him, as has been obvious throughout the tprimary campaign and has been confirmed repeatedly during the interim. He's running on the "I'm not Obama" theme, hoping that there are enough anti-Obama voters who won't examine him very closely.

He isn't a leader. He's a figurehead. A pliable empty suit, awaiting orders from the GOP's corporate masters. A GW Bush with slightly more intellect but considerably less personality. He'll simply toe the neocon line if he gets to the White House. And the Bush era will be repeated.

And that's what should concern voters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM

29,986 posts, read 39,455,313 times
Default figure it out already people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Romney ran as a liberal in a liberal state and he ran as a conservative in a conservative primary. He just says what he needs to say.
Yep, just like Obama.

And people are still stuck on the political merry-go-round thinking they'll get "change" for the better when both parties are virtually the same.

Want a candidate who doesn't flip-flop? Do you want a candidate who says what he means and means what he says? The answer is plain as the nose on your face: Ron Paul

Otherwise, y'all are just full of hot air.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM

18,549 posts, read 10,355,791 times
How about we use the Media's explination of Obamas changing views.

Evolution.

evidently evolution as used by the media to discuss Bammers changing views is a good thing.

So there. Mr Romney's changing views are a matter of evolution and that is a good thing.

If it is good for the goose and all that....

Old 06-20-2012, 02:25 AM

537 posts, read 743,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
How about we use the Media's explination of Obamas changing views.

Evolution.

evidently evolution as used by the media to discuss Bammers changing views is a good thing.

So there. Mr Romney's changing views are a matter of evolution and that is a good thing.

If it is good for the goose and all that....
I don't think you can call repeatedly switching sides on an issue "evolution."

Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 AM

19,989 posts, read 10,761,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

Romney wants the presidency because it would look good on his reume.
Yes, Romney wants President of the United States on his resume, because down the road he would like to apply for Emperor of the Universe, and this would be a good stepping stone type job to get his feet wet and pad the resume so to speak. This would catch the eye of voters outside the Milkyway Galaxy.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
I don't think you can call repeatedly switching sides on an issue "evolution."
I agree, Obama's repeatedly changing views are flip flopping.

Obama was for gay marriage, then against it, then kinda for it, then against it, now for it...where it will stop who knows!

Even when he just changes them once it is always timed for political expediency.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes, Romney wants President of the United States on his resume, because down the road he would like to apply for Emperor of the Universe, and this would be a good stepping stone type job to get his feet wet and pad the resume so to speak. This would catch the eye of voters outside the Milkyway Galaxy.
He's a guy who's lived in luxury and privilege since birth and seems to have the entitlement attitude that sometimes accompanies that circumstance. He wants to be the first mormon president and have his legacy written large in the history books. Because now he's no more than a short footnote. He seems to believe that "little people" like you and me owe him that.

You seem to agree with him.

I don't.

So, we can post our opposing viewpoints here and one of us will be happier than the other in 5 months.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
He's a guy who's lived in luxury and privilege since birth and seems to have the entitlement attitude that sometimes accompanies that circumstance. He wants to be the first mormon president and have his legacy written large in the history books. Because now he's no more than a short footnote. He seems to believe that "little people" like you and me owe him that.

You seem to agree with him.

I don't.

So, we can post our opposing viewpoints here and one of us will be happier than the other in 5 months.

You must be Miss Cleo in disguise,
When you get done reading his mind and future, can you please tell me the winning lottery numbers for next week?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM

18,549 posts, read 10,355,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I've stated that I think Mitt is a good person who is out of touch with reality and the issues facing everyday Americans. His flip flopping scares a lot of voters away. I personally think it's for political purposes. Republicans, who is the real Mitt Romney?

The two most often mentioned "Great" Democrat presidents of the 20th century were Franklin Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy.

Both of those men were born of privilege.

Neither of them had a clue what “average Americans” were going thru. They were utterly out of touch. Yet democrats require Republican candidates to be “in touch” with average Americans.

Then there is Bobby Kennedy. He would have become president had he not been killed.
More recently Democrats nominated John Kerry to run for president. And utterly out of touch ultra rich Ivy League guy.
Before that it was Al Gore. Yet another “son of privilege.

I am tired of and disgusted by liberal hypocritical attacks.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You must be Miss Cleo in disguise,
When you get done reading his mind and future, can you please tell me the winning lottery numbers for next week?

And you must be Helen Keller if you've been unable to take note of the obvious. And in that case, your support of Romney is understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections