Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I'd be far more worried about your boy, barry o's, flip flops.
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Why are you worried about Romney? You're just trolling for obama.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Obama.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,160,065 times
Quote:
We can get into a discussion on Obama but why are you backing Romney?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He's evolved. Seems to work for others.
Can you explain? The "Let Detroit Die" comment sort of opened my eyes. He was for the bail out at one time and then against it. And now he is taking credit for GM, Chrysler and Ford's re-emergence. I wouldn't call that evolving.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ones position as a governor, and one as a president, isnt, nor should they be the same.
Huh? Can you explain? Why should a political office change your values and beliefs. I think, we all have a right to change of our opinion on certain issues but Romney has turned it into an art form. It's hard to see where he stands.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 AM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Huh? Can you explain? Why should a political office change your values and beliefs. I think, we all have a right to change of our opinion on certain issues but Romney has turned it into an art form. It's hard to see where he stands.
Take the beam out of your own eye.

Obama on the campaign trail in 2008 literally changed his position on coal depending on which state he was in. He would literally flip flop on the issue more than once in a week. Democrats didn't care one bit, because he was dreamy.

Obama showed up to a gas station with the cameras in 2008 and made a speech about how he could lower gas prices and gave a 4 vague points about what he would do. Newt did the same thing in 2012....2012 Obama went on and on about how cheap and ridiculous it is for someone to do. Democrats laughed and ignored that Obama himself did it 4 years ago!

The list goes on and on. The man who promised to be the most transparent president might be the least transparent president in several decades.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You need someone to explain to you that a Presidents job, and a Governors job, is not the same, and that the US Constitution is a contract between the states, and the Federal government, and thus as you move from Governor, to President, your positions are likely to change?

For example, as a Governor, you can oppose military spending, but you arent suggesting that a President support spending $0 on the military, are you?

As a Governor, you can support and request federal funding for things like stadiums, but as a President, oppose them because the funds will be used to support 1 state, at the expense of others.

As a Governor, you can oppose legislation that give illegals amnesty, but as a President, support it, since you are now responsible for not just 1 state, but all of them.

As a Governor, you can oppose spending money on green energy, but as a President, support it, since again, you are now responsible for the bigger picture, energy independence as a nation. As a governor, thats not your concern and you have very little if any ability to do anything about oil productions and international affairs affecting the price of oil.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Sorry, I won't play to the obamamabot crowd. These obama trolls are getting rather boring and predictable. They aren't interested in substantive discussions as they are blindly in the tank for their savior and are here just repeating talking points they've read on leftwing sites pandering to their lack of ability to think for themselves.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I won't play to the obamamabot crowd. These obama trolls are getting rather boring and predictable. They aren't interested in substantive discussions as they are blindly in the tank for their savior and are here just repeating talking points they've read on leftwing sites pandering to their lack of ability to think for themselves.
I think you're the only one talking about Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections