Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Sound bite after sound bite, Romney has been chided a lot lately for saying things such as....."$300,000 is not a lot of money;" "I too, am unemployed;" and "Let Detroit go bankrupt," just to name a few. As POTUS, do you think he lacks tact or is it a bigger issue of him being insensitive to the poor and less fortunate?
I think he lacks contact with reality and doesn't consider his statements gaffes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM

20,480 posts, read 12,404,665 times
NO.

But I do think that Barak Hussain Obama doesnt give a fig about American Law. He has proven to hate it.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Sound bite after sound bite, Romney has been chided a lot lately for saying things such as....."$300,000 is not a lot of money;" "I too, am unemployed;" and "Let Detroit go bankrupt," just to name a few. As POTUS, do you think he lacks tact or is it a bigger issue of him being insensitive to the poor and less fortunate?
DC, I am curious, have you read the "Let Detroit go banrupt" article that Mitt wrote?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,171,369 times
Yes I have! And I understand that things can be taken out of context and manipulated. But, Romney displays an insensitivity that many Americans despise. How do you say $300,000 is not a lot of money to a working person who is living check to check? Even, the Detroit gaffe. Michigan is one of the hardest hit places in the US. For him to say that (even though they needed to reorganize) was not a good PR move. It comes across as arrogant. And if you are unemployed, so you want to hear someone who is ultra rich joking that he is unemployed too. It's a smack in the face.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Compared to Obama, Romney is not nearly as personable or sincere SOUNDING.
Obama - reads off teleprompter.
Romney - speaks off the cuff.

Obama, sincere? Only if his prompter tells him to be.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Obama - reads off teleprompter.
Romney - speaks off the cuff.

Obama, sincere? Only if his prompter tells him to be.
Fools.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Yes I have! And I understand that things can be taken out of context and manipulated. But, Romney displays an insensitivity that many Americans despise. How do you say $300,000 is not a lot of money to a working person who is living check to check? Even, the Detroit gaffe. Michigan is one of the hardest hit places in the US. For him to say that (even though they needed to reorganize) was not a good PR move. It comes across as arrogant. And if you are unemployed, so you want to hear someone who is ultra rich joking that he is unemployed too. It's a smack in the face.

so what you are saying is that Romney didnt say anyting insensitive to working Americans in the article about Detroit, but you and others still get to use it to make the charge...

Nice.

For those who actually think Mitt said "let detroit go bankrupt here is the article. it is well written. well stated and I agree with the assessment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html

Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Default Tactless? No, he's spoiled.

Quote:

Romney simply keeps showing us exactly who he is.

A rich man's son who's lived a life of luxury and privelege and sees the rest of us as servants.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,171,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so what you are saying is that Romney didnt say anyting insensitive to working Americans in the article about Detroit, but you and others still get to use it to make the charge...

Nice.

For those who actually think Mitt said "let detroit go bankrupt here is the article. it is well written. well stated and I agree with the assessment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html
Ferd,

Do you understand that as "Commander in Chief" you represent the entire U.S. population. Many of us come from different situations. It's arrogant and insensitive to say some of the things that Romney says. Why can't republicans understand this simple mathematics? If you are speaking in a town that is hard hit by the recession on the campaign trail do you say...."I am employed just like you." "$300,000 is not a lot of money." What's next..."Let them eat cake."

Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
In reality $300,000 is not alot of money as for him being unemployed he does have considerably more than $300,000 to fall back on and letting Detroit go backrupt is a good idea because that would give other areas a better chance, not all of the auto industry is located in Detroit. No I think he is very well informed and very sensitive to the plight of the poor, $300,000 is not alot of money but it could pay 6 people $50,000 a year or 12 people $25,000 a year or like in my case it could pay my income for nearly 20yrs, just to give some here a general idea of what being poor really is.
Oh, for G*d's sake! There are a lot of people in America getting by on a lot less, including most of us here on CD, I'd wager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think a growing problem with America is that we are no longer tough.

"Don't use red ink when grading a student's paper, red is a harsh color and will crush his/her spirits."

"Don't keep score in a kids baseball game, the losing team will have hurt feelings."

"Even if the student doesn't try to do the assignment, the lowest grade he/she should get is 50%, because 0% is just too harsh."

"It is okay for Obama actually to put Detroit through bankruptcy, but it is wrong for Romney to say he would, it hurt my feelings."
Again, for G*d's sake! What's that got to do with the topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections