Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That didnt answer the question, but only raised more.

How is he undermining the President, and the new question, when is the time?
I know it is difficult to get a balance of information, so I will try to simplify it. The time is whenever the President is not abroad representing the US. There used to be some political courtesy between Parties, particularly at the top. Obviously, in the House that has not been the case, too many nut jobs on both sides. But if you prefer to pretend that you don't know that, go ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 12:37 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times

The Ultimate Mitt Romney Flip-Flop Collection - YouTube

Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 PM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know it is difficult to get a balance of information, so I will try to simplify it. The time is whenever the President is not abroad representing the US. There used to be some political courtesy between Parties, particularly at the top. Obviously, in the House that has not been the case, too many nut jobs on both sides. But if you prefer to pretend that you don't know that, go ahead.
So, you change the rules a needed. Your own link did not support what you said, so now it's both parties, but more from the right side.

I guess, once again, you forget

Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic. - YouTube

And this is during a campaign even.....so, again the left is the "Do as I say, but not as I do group."

Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
So when a President is abroad, he's not allowed to be criticized? Where the hell did you get that impression from because thats pretty stupid?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:41 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,442 times
It's only OK to criticize a Republican president when they're abroad. You have to understand how the leftwing mind works. Actually, that's an oxymoron so never mind...

Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The thread is not about Obama. The question was about Romney. But why, if you do not like flip flopping that you see in Obama, are you willing to tolerate it in Romney?

The fact is that Romney can not win if he is takes a position on anything. The republican ideas are unpopular, yet the base demands that he at least pretend to embrace them. Tough spot. A man of character would stake out a position though and let the chips fall where they may.
Perhaps that's the most fore-sighted position to take when the electorate contains a large contingent of spoiled children who don't want to face some hard choices -- or remain convined that somebody else can foot the bill.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,648 times
Default Why would voters accept Romney's ambigious positions?

The RWNJs on this forum will vote for him because he's not Obama. That's their main desire. These are the birthers, teabaggers, and other mixed nuts who hate anyone who doesn't look or think their way.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The RWNJs on this forum will vote for him because he's not Obama. That's their main desire. These are the birthers, teabaggers, and other mixed nuts who hate anyone who doesn't look or think their way.
As opposed to the LWNJ's who will vote for Obama no matter what he does.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So when a President is abroad, he's not allowed to be criticized? Where the hell did you get that impression from because thats pretty stupid?
There is a lengthy history of not doing that, but you can, since absolutely nobody would care, but Romney should know better.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
There is a lengthy history of not doing that, but you can, since absolutely nobody would care, but Romney should know better.
It cant be that lengthy of a history, Obama was doing it non stop..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections