Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It cant be that lengthy of a history, Obama was doing it non stop..
Really? When Obama was running and Bush abroad? Since it was 'non stop', you would have some, or any cites, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Really? When Obama was running and Bush abroad? Since it was 'non stop', you would have some, or any cites, right?
May 16th, 2008. Obama attacked Bush for "exactly the kind of appalling attack that's divided our country and alienates us from the rest of the world." and claimed Bush was "dishonest and divisive"

Hillary Clinton chimed in with attacks against Bush claiming "offensive and outrageous, especially in light of his failures in foreign policy."

Bush was abroad giving a speech to Israel's Knesset

Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
May 16th, 2008. Obama attacked Bush for "exactly the kind of appalling attack that's divided our country and alienates us from the rest of the world." and claimed Bush was "dishonest and divisive"

Hillary Clinton chimed in with attacks against Bush claiming "offensive and outrageous, especially in light of his failures in foreign policy."

Bush was abroad giving a speech to Israel's Knesset
Bush had attacked them both in his speech. They responded the next day appropriately. Most adults would have seen that. Also, it was an indication that both Obama and Clinton will actually respond with action directed at those who actually attack them, unlike Bush/Cheney.

RealClearPolitics - AP - Politics - May 16, 2008 - Obama accuses Bush of 'appalling attack'

Last edited by florida.bob; 06-19-2012 at 03:20 PM..

Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
At least Obama is clear on what he wants and has actually put everything on the table. Like him or not you know what you will get.

Romney on the other hand, who knows?

The 7 Major Issues Mitt Romney Won't Take A Position On

And you can add to that list illegal immigration/the dream act. And who knows if he will really sign legislation that will completely repeal Obamacare once it's sitting on his desk.
I have seen what Obama wants and I want his ass out!
Will I agree with everything from Romney?
No, but he will not wreck our country
he will put us back on the right track
if you don't want to vote for him, then don't
but this bull crap you are laying out does nothing!
Romney 2012!!

Old 06-19-2012, 03:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
During this campaign, he talked about Healthcare legislation, the Dream Act, Cap and Trade, ending the war in Iraq.

He has at least attempted to following through with the major things he said during the campaign, but the dream act and cap and trade were block by republicans.

He is real clear allright! Hope n' Change was nothing but garbage in and garbage right back out? Nothing but a farce, cause there ain't nothing good to hope for within this negative, downhill. sliding, terrible, awful, sham of a recovery!

I have tapes of him in 2008 i would be here forever, telling you about his many lies, and the things he has not done, he promised he would, infact, i would write a book! Going to tape him again this time, and see what lies have changed, and what lies are the same.

He has not brought unity, as he said he would, unemployment is not below 8% as he said he would get it below, businesses are not thriving, they are dying. Housing is the worse it has even been, and getting worse as i type. College grads can't pay their loans, cause they cannot find jobs, and people are losing jobs still every day. Businesses have closed their door, or a portion of their stores, cause there is no consumer confidence.

And he has not brought home our 1st set of troops as he stated in my tapes in 2008, within a 6 month time frame.
He has followed thru with his agenda, to change the course of this Nation as we so know it to be. Transform it to something we do not like. ! And many of us have seen the changes?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:32 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
Bush had attacked them both in his speech. They responded the next day appropriately. Most adults would have seen that. Also, it was an indication that both Obama and Clinton will actually respond with action directed at those who actually attack them, unlike Bush/Cheney.

RealClearPolitics - AP - Politics - May 16, 2008 - Obama accuses Bush of 'appalling attack'
But you said it should not happen? Are you changing the rules again to fit your needs?

Could they have waited till he got back? I mean you tell me, you're making the rules...

Old 06-19-2012, 03:45 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,601,214 times
Thumbs up Gobama!

Quote:
As opposed to the LWNJ's who will vote for Obama no matter what he does.

Over the years, I've voted for more GOP presidents than Dems. But the way the repubs have lost their minds on the issues since 2000, it'll be a very long time before I vote for another.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But you said it should not happen? Are you changing the rules again to fit your needs?

Could they have waited till he got back? I mean you tell me, you're making the rules...
They could have waited, but I don't think they wanted to show a lack of response to being attacked. Just a thought.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
They could have waited, but I don't think they wanted to show a lack of response to being attacked. Just a thought.
So, it's o.k. for the left and not for the right.....thanks for proving my point!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:

Bush never attacked them, and didnt even use their name. Nice try at justifiying what you just said he didnt do. Obama "accusing" doesnt validate it because here Romney is accusing Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections