Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush never attacked them, and didnt even use their name. Nice try at justifiying what you just said he didnt do. Obama "accusing" doesnt validate it because here Romney is accusing Obama
I take you can't back up your assertion. That's OK, knew you wouldn't be able to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I take you can't back up your assertion. That's OK, knew you wouldn't be able to.
I did back the up.. I provided the original link..

But hey, you can flip flop into justifying it, from it never happened. Put on display here for all to see.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/wo...rexy.html?_r=1

Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,172,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
At least Obama is clear on what he wants and has actually put everything on the table. Like him or not you know what you will get.

Romney on the other hand, who knows?

The 7 Major Issues Mitt Romney Won't Take A Position On

And you can add to that list illegal immigration/the dream act. And who knows if he will really sign legislation that will completely repeal Obamacare once it's sitting on his desk.
Perhaps you need to go back and watch what Obama promised and failed to act on whe he had both houses and the presidency.he could have passed immagratio reform easliy but didn't. But Romney has said he will seek immagratio reform just has Bush proposed it. As far a repoeal of Obamacare that depends o what happens withthe supreme court had it may become a non0iissue has it could be optional afterwards.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:46 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It was proven, how come you cannot back up your statement?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,903,645 times
Quote:
During this campaign, he talked about Healthcare legislation, the Dream Act, Cap and Trade, ending the war in Iraq.

He has at least attempted to following through with the major things he said during the campaign, but the dream act and cap and trade were block by republicans.

I have to disagree. in 2008 I was sure I knew exactly what Obama was about based on what he said. I voted for Nader. I have had some pleasant surprises with Obama.
1) Cash for clunkers - that was brilliant, It stimulated the car industry which was in distress, as well as removing cars with poor fuel efficiency.
2) Obama care - he really did get it passed, It has some great provisions that will help amny people.
3) He turned around the housing industry. The incentives to buy got people off the sidelines and they bought in massive amounts, saving our housing industry. and helping the banking industry as well
4) He has brought some light to alternative energies. which along with other policies has seen a drop of 10% for the demand for oil... that is remarkable.
5) He got rid of that stupid DADT policy and has supported rights for gay people, moving us past the demonizing gays, that has long been the trend.
6) He made getting Osama Bin Laden a priority and we did
7) he has eliminated the majority of the Al Queda leaders.
8) he assisted Libya without the use of our troops
9) The economy has been revitalized from one of the lowest places it has ever seen.
10) He made the borrowers of TARP not really want to kept he money and they have almost entirely repaid the bailout, with interest.

My disappointments have been:
1) keeping the Patriot Act
2) NDAA
3) not holding the previous administration accountable
4) not ending the wars sooner ( But I really didn't expect him to based on what he said)
5) supporting Nuclear power

I don't see the Repubs as offering anything near these results. Their past shows nothing but "trickle on" economics and nothing but spend to excess in support of their friends. ( Except Ron Paul)

Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
3) He turned around the housing industry. The incentives to buy got people off the sidelines and they bought in massive amounts, saving our housing industry. and helping the banking industry as well
Foreclosures are now at record numbers. Yeah, he turned it around..

Quote:
5) He got rid of that stupid DADT policy and has supported rights for gay people, moving us past the demonizing gays, that has long been the trend.
He did no such thing. A Lawsuit did..

Quote:
10) He made the borrowers of TARP not really want to kept he money and they have almost entirely repaid the bailout, with interest.
tarp was never intended to be kept, and the plan was BUSHS..

Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,202,963 times
Romney is an idiot! I can't wait for the debates and the SNL skits. This fall is must see TV.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,876,781 times
Quote:
At least Obama is clear on what he wants and has actually put everything on the table. Like him or not you know what you will get.

Romney on the other hand, who knows?

The 7 Major Issues Mitt Romney Won't Take A Position On

And you can add to that list illegal immigration/the dream act. And who knows if he will really sign legislation that will completely repeal Obamacare once it's sitting on his desk.
Talk about a liar and a fraud...take a good look at YOUR potus.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,528,717 times
Quote:
Why would voters accept Romney's ambigious positions?

I don't think likely voters are accepting his lack of specifics. One indication of that might be the Bloomberg poll report out today ... showing Mr. Obama leading Mr. Romney by 13 points, nationally. I've heard many traditionally GOP voters voice concern that Romney lacks passion, convictions and specifics. I've also heard the comment, more than once, that he seems more interested in applying for the job than actually doing the job. It's still early in the general election cycle, and sooner or later Mr. Romney, probably after the GOP convention, will have to become more specific ... or support will continue to fade-away.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,164,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The question the OP asked is why would a voter accept Romneys position, so the natural response is to look at the alternatives. Unless you have another idea..
So looking at alternatives is saying that Obama does the same thing only worse.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Sometimes I think things will never change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections