Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Because the young illegals between 16 and 30 will take jobs away from legal residents and citizens, including many blacks.
So why would blacks, in particular, be angry? Why would they be angrier than whites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,202,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Wow black people are going to vote for the guy whose only contact with blacks is "I have a cocktail party tonight, could you set up the ballroom for company" and whose religion forbade black people in the clergy until the 1970s
This^^^^^^ Up until the 60's or 70's most Mormons believed black people were cursed by whoever their god is. So why in the freak would I vote for some POS like Romney? Keep polling idiots and see what the result is in November.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,886,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Read more: Obama Is Doing Stunningly Bad Among African Americans In North Carolina - Business Insider

Now this one is even hard for me to understand or believe. However, if this is accurate, it's the worst news for the Obama campaign yet.
Yes because all us black people are incapable of thinking about issues that are important to us....

Always sad to me when I see such things written about a group in this country. Black people, especially in the south are very religious and many black people I have heard comment on black radio stations and other media outlets have admitted that they will not support Obama due to his stance on gay marriage. Most though have said they just won't vote instead of voting for Romney as many don't like that he is a Mormon.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Because the young illegals between 16 and 30 will take jobs away from legal residents and citizens, including many blacks.

Nah, you have blacks pegged all wrong. Most of us don't care or compete with illegals for jobs. Fast forward 20 years. It's 2012. The real beef is between hispanics who are here legitimately versus illegals in regards to jobs. Most blacks that i know have figured out the formula. With education, no one can ever take your spot.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Yes because all us black people are incapable of thinking about issues that are important to us....

Always sad to me when I see such things written about a group in this country. Black people, especially in the south are very religious and many black people I have heard comment on black radio stations and other media outlets have admitted that they will not support Obama due to his stance on gay marriage. Most though have said they just won't vote instead of voting for Romney as many don't like that he is a Mormon.

ROTFLLS! So, after hearing two or three callers complain about gay marriage, you have assumed that "Most of the 35 million Blacks" in the U.S. won't show up to vote? As a black person, I think I am a more in tune with the pulse of the race in regard to politics. But thanks for the try. Blacks are passionate, vocal and opinionated about their political leaders. Some are upset about Obama's decision. However! Here's a biggie. They will not let it change their vote or appreciation for Obama because we know the underlying circumstances and obstacles he has faced over the previous 4 years. It's that simple. Once they start telling old black ladies in the south that Mitt Romney wants to cut their SS, you will see them come out in droves because in the end, they can forgive Obama for his stance on gay marriage once they feel threatened by Romney.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,503,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Nah, you have blacks pegged all wrong. Most of us don't care or compete with illegals for jobs. Fast forward 20 years. It's 2012. The real beef is between hispanics who are here legitimately versus illegals in regards to jobs. Most blacks that i know have figured out the formula. With education, no one can ever take your spot.
Those "cultural" and "class" differences are important ones too. As one with plenty of kin still in the South, I can tell 'ya to never underestimate the power and social networking of churches there, but most especially the ones that form the backbone of the southern Black community. I don't doubt that with so much economic stress and uncertainty, there's liable to be a certain amount of "flirtation" with the "other side" these days. But when Election Day approaches, never doubt the power of pastors and their flock to "mobilize the troops" and get 'em all headed in the "right direction"!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Those "cultural" and "class" differences are important ones too. As one with plenty of kin still in the South, I can tell 'ya to never underestimate the power and social networking of churches there, but most especially the ones that form the backbone of the southern Black community. I don't doubt that with so much economic stress and uncertainty, there's liable to be a certain amount of "flirtation" with the "other side" these days. But when Election Day approaches, never doubt the power of pastors and their flock to "mobilize the troops"!
And that's how they operate in the south.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,298,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
This^^^^^^ Up until the 60's or 70's most Mormons believed black people were cursed by whoever their god is. So why in the freak would I vote for some POS like Romney? Keep polling idiots and see what the result is in November.
You have got to be kidding! That's ludicrous! Is that the truth?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:04 AM

16,785 posts, read 8,281,214 times
This is just More Republican trying to lower the vote turnout. They were unable to get there voter ID scam through the leg. in NC, so expect to see more nonsense like this. I agree that once people see Mr. Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney for what he is they will turn the other way.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You have got to be kidding! That's ludicrous! Is that the truth?
Partially. The Mormons used to believe that God cursed someone and turned him black. This was a common "biblical legend". There is nothing in the Bible to support this belief. Blacks were not allowed to be priests in the Mormon church until some time in the 70s. However, this does not mean that any individual Mormon is a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections