Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,186,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
No he didn't. Blacks care but in the grand scheme of things, it will not affect their voting at all.
I've heard more than enough say they are staying home because of that issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 09:46 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,193,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
"You've heard". I've heard a lot of things, like we didn't really land on the moon, Elvis is alive, etc. It doesn't mean they're all true.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,186,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"You've heard". I've heard a lot of things, like we didn't really land on the moon, Elvis is alive, etc. It doesn't mean they're all true.
You liberals can try an spin it any way you want, but there is a enthusiam gap with black people. He'll still get the majority of the black vote(because black people are scared to leave the liberal plantation) but if a enough stay home he's done.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,591,859 times
Doesn't he still need over 90% of the black vote again in order to have a chance at getting re-elected?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,200,598 times
Quote:

Like who? There are 35 million of us in the U.S. What's your sample size. LOL Please stop thinking that blacks will stay home. Wishful thinking but it's not gonna happen. If I know one thing, blacks will turn out in droves to support him. He's the first black president and maybe the last in a long time. It's too soon to even make a comment on what blacks will do.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,200,598 times
Quote:
You liberals can try an spin it any way you want, but there is a enthusiam gap with black people. He'll still get the majority of the black vote(because black people are scared to leave the liberal plantation) but if a enough stay home he's done.
Here's the thing. Romney's path to the WH is filled with a lot of ifs. He needs basically all of the swing states and that's not gonna happen. Obama needs only a few key states and it's a done deal. I've been on this board since 07 and the same old tired rhetoric was said about Obama early on versus McCain. Instead of over analyzing blacks, try to focus on whether or not true right wing, Christian, gun toting conservatives can get behind Romney and his Mormonism. Now, that's where your challenge lies, especially in the Deep South. Places like Alabama, Mississippi, and deep Georgia aren't feeling Romney and his brand of politics.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,501,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Here's the thing. Romney's path to the WH is filled with a lot of ifs. He needs basically all of the swing states and that's not gonna happen. Obama needs only a few key states and it's a done deal. I've been on this board since 07 and the same old tired rhetoric was said about Obama early on versus McCain. Instead of over analyzing blacks, try to focus on whether or not true right wing, Christian, gun toting conservatives can get behind Romney and his Mormonism. Now, that's where your challenge lies, especially in the Deep South. Places like Alabama, Mississippi, and deep Georgia aren't feeling Romney and his brand of politics.
Yeah, if you Google this and similar topics re: Obama's supposedly "dwindling" support among "blacks", "joos", "lib-ruls", whatever... it's a hugely popular topic on conservative sites, naturally because it gives 'em "hope"! And as you point out, it's also a (very) welcome distraction from their own "enthusiasm" problem!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,085,880 times
I like to listen this sports radio guy colin cowherd. He always talks about the "say it out loud" theory. If you say it out loud, does it really make sense. Say it out loud, blacks in north carolina are going to vote for the party that thinks we are lazy, stupid, incapable of thinking, thinks we are all on welfare, and has the tea party would love nothing more than to go back to the slavery days. Yep. Thats exactly who blacks in north carolina are going to vote for.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:50 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,174,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Read more: Obama Is Doing Stunningly Bad Among African Americans In North Carolina - Business Insider

Now this one is even hard for me to understand or believe. However, if this is accurate, it's the worst news for the Obama campaign yet.
1. He's not going to win NC anyway.
2. It's all because of the gay issue. AA's, unfortunately, may ironically be the most backwards on this issue.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,174,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well, if the gay marriage thing is going to hurt him, it's going to be in one of the few Southern states that actually vote Democrat. You just don't notice it in the ones already voting Republican.
None of the Southern states vote Democrat, except for maybe VA and it's hardly Southern anymore. NC in 2008 was likely an outlier, just like Indiana was. Maybe in a few more election cycles, NC will be more reliably blue, but it's not there yet. And I agree with you, when it comes to AA's, Obama's positions on gays hurt him. Then again, who are they going to vote for? It's not like the GOP has their backs on the issues, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections