Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
President Barack Obama is rapidly losing support among African-American voters in North Carolina, a new poll out today from the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows.
The poll finds that Mitt Romney would get 20 percent of the African-American vote if the election were held today, compared with 76 percent for Obama. Overall, Romney has a 48 percent to 46 percent lead on Obama in the crucial swing state.
Obama received 95 percent of the support from African-Americans in North Carolina in the 2008 election, compared with just 5 percent for Republican nominee John McCain.

Read more: Obama Is Doing Stunningly Bad Among African Americans In North Carolina - Business Insider

Now this one is even hard for me to understand or believe. However, if this is accurate, it's the worst news for the Obama campaign yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Read more: Obama Is Doing Stunningly Bad Among African Americans In North Carolina - Business Insider

Now this one is even hard for me to understand or believe. However, if this is accurate, it's the worst news for the Obama campaign yet.
He still has almost 4 times the amount of supporters. YOu'd have to be an awesome spin doctor to make this good news for Romney.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
He still has almost 4 times the amount of supporters. YOu'd have to be an awesome spin doctor to make this good news for Romney.

Any loss of support and especially 20% is not good news for Obama. it accounts for why Romney is leading him in NC. In a state with such a large percentage of blacks...it matters.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Dam! Another sleepless night worrying about North Carolina Blacks. Obama is doomed. I wonder who they'll vote for instead? Ron Paul? Maybe Newt Gingrich as a write in? Probably the 999 guy, whoever he was. I'm sure the word is going out now among the black community. "Don't vote for the OREO."

Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Well, if the gay marriage thing is going to hurt him, it's going to be in one of the few Southern states that actually vote Democrat. You just don't notice it in the ones already voting Republican.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Considering Obama won NC by 14k votes in '08 if this poll is accurate and holds up this is bad news for Obama. He won NC because of high black turnout. If turnout by blacks was a tenth a percent less in '08 he would have lost.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:32 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

That lose is among the so called southern Baptist blacks and its about gay marriage. They are angry right now but believe me a good many of them wont be able to vote for romney. Some may not vote at all but once Obama gets into full swing he will win most of them back. Trust me the tea party will ensure the black vote goes fully for the One.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I wonder if it has anything to do with the last mistake he made by making sure the hispanics will be here forever. These third world country people are causing problems for everybody. Maybe Obama needs to live around a few of them for a while and then he could understand that if a person is here without a legal reason to be here, they should be deported. The man just doesn't get it.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
That lose is among the so called southern Baptist blacks and its about gay marriage. They are angry right now but believe me a good many of them wont be able to vote for romney. Some may not vote at all but once Obama gets into full swing he will win most of them back. Trust me the tea party will ensure the black vote goes fully for the One.

Yet, it is the Tea Party that has been supporting the black conservative republicans, win elections.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
He'll still get the gay black votes, all three of them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections