Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So Obama was telling a little white lie when he implied he would get outspent 10 to 1?
Not only was it a lie, but Obama has 10x in the bank what Romney has..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,340,897 times
That is allot of money... I wonder if it will be enough

Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,327,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I am aware. Not something I approve of. However, we are discussing 2012 atm.
Opensecrets.org has a lot of information on where his money has come from in the past and currently.

Personally, I see no reason for any "undisclosed" funding of any kind. I think it all should be disclosed.

Me too!

Obama seemed to get millions from foreigners the last go around.

Wonder if he has sold out America enough to get more?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,882,592 times
The RWNJs will still support Romney, after all he is firmly behind them and their War on Women? Apparently, unless there is money to be made from it. No wonder he doesn't want tax returns released ....

Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show | Mother Jones

Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Don't worry, Obama has his Hollywood friends flying over to Europe to get donations from overseas.
"Whatever it takes".

Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 AM

26,574 posts, read 15,140,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The RWNJs will still support Romney, after all he is firmly behind them and their War on Women? Apparently, unless there is money to be made from it. No wonder he doesn't want tax returns released ....

Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show | Mother Jones
I own Walmart stock and if I sold it today I would make some nice profit. I don't like Walmart and I don't agree with all of their policies and actions. However, I am trying to make money for me and my family.

Romney's job is to make money for his investors, so he invested in a company that removed all forms of "waste" from medical facilities like syringes and etc -- people with pensions and 401Ks had a net increase in wealth from Romney's investments.

Romney was not funding abortions, nor did he invest in a company that performed abortions. He invested client money in a company that removed ALL waste from medical facilities. Let's stop inventing things to be outraged over...this is a non-issue unless you can distort it so people don't get the whole story - your intent should not be to be dishonest and you should be ashamed of yourself for needing to defend your weak candidate by distorting the other guy.

Some people need to get in the real world and out of fantasy land. No wonder so many people think we as a country can continue to borrow 40 cents of every buck we spend.

I guarantee that if you have a 401K or pension it has money in a company that is associated with or loosely associated with something that you don't agree with. In Florida.Bob's case he is bringing up the loosest of loose associations... I guarantee you that you have friends that have done things that you don't agree with. I guarantee you that if you are honest that Obama has done things that you don't agree with...perhaps hanging out with Bill Ayers the terrorist?

Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,882,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I own Walmart stock and if I sold it today I would make some nice profit. I don't like Walmart and I don't agree with all of their policies and actions. However, I am trying to make money for me and my family.

Romney's job is to make money for his investors, so he invested in a company that removed all forms of "waste" from medical facilities like syringes and etc -- people with pensions and 401Ks had a net increase in wealth from Romney's investments.

Romney was not funding abortions, nor did he invest in a company that performed abortions. He invested client money in a company that removed ALL waste from medical facilities. Let's stop inventing things to be outraged over...this is a non-issue unless you can distort it so people don't get the whole story - your intent should not be to be dishonest and you should be ashamed of yourself for needing to defend your weak candidate by distorting the other guy.

Some people need to get in the real world and out of fantasy land. No wonder so many people think we as a country can continue to borrow 40 cents of every buck we spend.

I guarantee that if you have a 401K or pension it has money in a company that is associated with or loosely associated with something that you don't agree with. In Florida.Bob's case he is bringing up the loosest of loose associations... I guarantee you that you have friends that have done things that you don't agree with. I guarantee you that if you are honest that Obama has done things that you don't agree with...perhaps hanging out with Bill Ayers the terrorist?
Is Obama squeaky clean? No, but then he isn't pretending to be. Romney however, pretends he is. He also says he had no involvement with Bain since early 99. He is lying and clearly trying to distance himself from some of the less "positive" news of Bain activities.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,999,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I think the thing to remember whoever wins the fund raising battle usually wins the election
I laugh whenever I hear this. Like raising more money is the reason they won the election.

The reality is that they raise more money because they have a message more people agree with.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Please post stats to confirm this. Not what the records I am seeing show.
Banking on Becoming President | OpenSecrets

Summary data for Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets
quote:

Individual Contributions $120,076,230 (99%)
- Small Individual Contributions $15,660,063 (13%)
- Large Individual Contributions $105,541,069 (87%)

PAC Contributions $766,853 (1%)
Candidate self-financing $52,500 (0%)
Federal Funds $0 (0%)
Other $127,544 (0%)

Total Raised: $121,023,126
Total Spent: $104,036,499
Cash on Hand: $16,999,666
Debts: $0
Date of Report: May 31, 2012

Full Disclosure $82,028,295 (78.1%)
Incomplete $7,524,910 (7.2%)
No Disclosure $15,491,181 (14.7%)
Hilarious - Obama's in debt here too!

Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

War on Women? Hilarious. Dems pay their female employees significantly less than their male employees, but the GOP are the ones keeping women down. But you just keep on spewing the party line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections