Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

I was so impressed with him, more so than in other interviews. I just wonder if he isn't too young and too green, but regardless, my money is on him to lead our country someday.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
At this stage of his life, he's far more experienced than obama was running for the presidency.

Then again, so was Sarah Palin which didn't matter to the left.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
At this stage of his life, he's far more experienced than obama was running for the presidency.

Then again, so was Sarah Palin which didn't matter to the left.
I am impressed with the story he has to tell, his background, what his friends say about him. Too bad the interview had to be cut shout because of the verdict about to be announced.

Nita

Old 06-23-2012, 11:31 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I was so impressed with him, more so than in other interviews. I just wonder if he isn't too young and too green, but regardless, my money is on him to lead our country someday.

Nita
I watched about 7 minutes of the show, Hannity's brown nosing made me ill so I changed the channel.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:39 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
His outright support for amnesty and his support of the "Arab Spring" make him suspect to me.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
He wants unlimited immigration for those of hispanic nations so I don't think he's very good for this country. Americans need jobs and this massive an non-stop surge of people coming over the border is not helping the American people in any way.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Immigration Fail, plus his support of regressive tax shifts.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
He bothers me on some level. I do not agree with him on the illegal immigration issue. I also thought the Hannity thing was way overdone. I am wondering if Fox News thinks Rubio is the nominee at times? I just don't get the Rubio lovefest. I am sure he is a fine person and I do respect his story and amibition, but I don't understand the double standard by some...like in the Tea Party, who give him a pass for things but are ready to crucify others for far less in the party.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:21 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I don't get the Rubio lovefest either but the way I see it, once he helps to get Romney elected he's got nothing to help Romney govern. And come on, an autobiography at his age? It's like Obama writing his before he became President. The most important job Obama's had in his life isn't even in his autobiography. I feel like Rubio is being pushed on us...and he talks way too fast. He may have a future but not now.

I really don't see Romney picking another governor, either. He's got that experience covered. His pick should add something to the ticket AFTER Election Day. Romney needs someone with foreign policy experience, in my opinion. It's the experience he lacks.

That doesn't mean I know who it should be.

My other choice for VP would be someone with energy expertise as long as he picks a really good Secretary of State.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He wants unlimited immigration for those of hispanic nations so I don't think he's very good for this country. Americans need jobs and this massive an non-stop surge of people coming over the border is not helping the American people in any way.
I guess we are seeing or hearing something different. I am thinking he wants a version of the dream act and whether we like it or not, something does have to be done. We need to find a way to keep those who really want to work, get an education, and desire to become citizens and send the rest back to their countries. I never thought I would feel this way, but I have changed in the past few years. Can you tell me where he said or indicated he would not stop all those from crossing the borders illegally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections